Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

MalagaToledo

Banned
Mallorca

This year, TIX is the chosen projection surface for this forum's member display of inner struggle. I think, as a forum we can get through this, although it is actually really annoying. I hope he doesn't harass TIX on Insta or Twitter.
Why am I more popular than the artist himself on this thread. Lol
How can anyone even think that i could make one or two fake accounts and write to ticks or to his brother Mathias haukeland something that isn't appropriate. I don't even follow him on insta. If i don't have anything good to say about ticks, i will avoid him and his site. I've learned from my past. I can dislike him, and all but only someone who doesn't know me and who is trying to belittle me and attack me would say such a thing about me.

Btw, Ticks doesn't have twitter.

Ezio

Veteran
I am currently being assesed for autism (which asperger's is) and most autistic people very much consider it a disability and big part of themselves. (Hence the 'autistic' and not 'person with autism' the same way you wouldn't say 'person with blindness') Not a disability in a 'can't do anything' way, but no disability is like that.

Anyway, on topic, you simply triggered me lol.

I , too, have a mild Asperger that led to depressive episodes in my life since life feels like living in a bubble. I often fail to adapt myself in social context. But actually I am pretty proud of this feature, I am super intelligent on an intellectual level, pretty baroness basic on an emotional level, and I think it's not bad at all. I can provide insight that others don't have, and extremely independent and being alone is no struggle at all, so at the same time, I am also quite sociable and relatable although it is not my preferred state of affairs. Other loners can be quite nasty. I also changed my attitude towards life. Meditation and God became extremely important. God is great provider but also a great teacher. I let go of my impatience and ambition and seek neutral attitude towards life. So, Corona is here, but life is not worse, but actually better. I even got a new job, that I did not even apply for, and that pays me well, in the midst of economic downturn. Some call it Law of abundance, I call it unconditional Faith.

Maybe this is part of my story with Tix, but I clicked with this song instantly without knowing anything else. Music either resonates with me extremely, or it leaves me extremely cold, while fandom is excited like fuego. Mostly, I don't swim with the stream, but occasionally I did. For me his song is MESMERIZING. When I listen to it, in Norwegian, in my car, I tear up. Or when I write lengthy posts about how much I love this song.

Ezio

Veteran
Why am I more popular than the artist himself on this thread. Lol

Rest assured you are not popular at all, just desperate for attention, and you earned my sincerest condolences.

I also hope you are vaccinated for you not to fall sick from ticks.

Preuss

Did you Norwegians watch the TIX vs the Dagbladet anmelder showdown? TIX is/was so right

MalagaToledo

Banned
Speaking of jurry, i wonder how much will jurry mininalise it's chances for 10th place in semifinal. And since he is the biggest music star in norway, i assume Norwegians have such high expectations from him in esc regarding great representation of their country and possible top 10 result. So i really wonder would it ruin his reputation and career if he fails even to qualify.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Speaking of jurry, i wonder how much will jurry mininalise it's chances for 10th place in semifinal. And since he is the biggest music star in norway, i assume Norwegians have such high expectations from him in esc regarding great representation of their country and possible top 10 result. So i really wonder would it ruin his reputation and career if he fails even to qualify.
Tix might be trending a bit right now, but have a look at his numbers vs Kygo's numbers on Spotify. Tix is not even close to being the most popular artist in Norway. :lol: Don't know if Kygo is either tbh, but he was the one I thought of first.

BernadetteCydonia

did this forum just seriously make me double post >_< this has never happened on .com but lots and lots of times on .net and I'm now questioning everything

anyway I just came here to say that I will never stop thinking about the fact that his pet cat saved his life that one time ;-; lesson learned, when a human won't love you, your domestic animal will

Elina UA

MallorcaTorte is very passionate about laser-pointing his hate and shoving it down everyone else's throat. Case and point "Austria 2020 - Vincent Bueno". A study about a self-loathing guy projecting his inner demons onto an artist and ventilating his wickedness as if the end of the world depended on it.

This year, TIX is the chosen projection surface for this forum's member display of inner struggle. I think, as a forum we can get through this, although it is actually really annoying. I hope he doesn't harass TIX on Insta or Twitter.
Okay, i've got it. But he's not wicked, he's just unhappy. :(

FilipFromSweden

I think you didn't properly read my comment firstly, secondly it is no lie that the juries were brought back because western delegations were complaining so let's just be honest here. Italy is considered "western Europe" (sure it's based on a bit of a dated political understanding of Europe but nonetheless).

Again if you read my comment, I put an "and" between the words so I didn't say that the juries only supported western countries, but rather a combination of things which also includes a certain bias in favor of certain style of songs (which could also be representing eastern countries like North Macedonia, while having little connection to actual music from said country). The North Macedonia case is just a fresh example, but it's only the tip of a never-ending iceberg and the issue goes all the way back to early days Eurovision. If televotes would have been allowed in the 90's for instance, I doubt Ireland would win half of the decade with dated generic ballads. I mean I could write a whole essay on the topic and give plenty of examples if we'd walk down memory lane, but for practical reasons let's look at the years you just mentioned and maybe I should remind you that Austria won the jury vote in 2018 and Australia in 2016, so if it were up to the juries alone then only the 1950's entry from Portugal 2017 would have won in the end of the day.

I have my ears and eyes and yes, the juries are out-of-touch if I compare to contemporary music outside of Eurovision (and frankly contemporary music for the past decade/s even). But not only that, they've been repeatedly downvoting entries that do take risks and/-or entries with local flavor and it's just a fact. Now people have different taste in music for sure, but are they saving Eurovision? I'd argue quite the opposite but this will remain a divisive topic and it all comes down to what you want from Eurovision mixed with personal preferences I guess, but the original comment I commented argued against democracy as a concept, and here I will stand on the side of democracy (even if it is flawed at times).

I really do think you have this idea of juries that they're one unit that comes back year after year: it's a group of people that are switched out year after year, all with different ideas and tastes, so this whole Ireland argument is invalid. I even know someone who was a jury member in 2018 and she isn't any different to you and me (which could be one argument against juries but oh well).

Duncan Lawrence won because of the juries, his song almost got 200 million streams on Spotify. Keiino won the public vote, they have about 33 million streams on Spotify, which I think is a strong argument for the juries having valid ways of voting.

A-lister

Veteran
I really do think you have this idea of juries that they're one unit that comes back year after year: it's a group of people that are switched out year after year, all with different ideas and tastes, so this whole Ireland argument is invalid. I even know someone who was a jury member in 2018 and she isn't any different to you and me (which could be one argument against juries but oh well).

Duncan Lawrence won because of the juries, his song almost got 200 million streams on Spotify. Keiino won the public vote, they have about 33 million streams on Spotify, which I think is a strong argument for the juries having valid ways of voting.

I obviously don't think the same juries that took part in let's say 1975 are the same as in 1994 or 2018, but looking at their voting patterns they could very well be :lol:. But to be honest, I think the juries rather represents EBU's vision if anything and a very narrow-minded view.

That's really a flawed argument, I'm not surprised that the overall winner got more Spotify streams than a non-winning entry. Sure there are probably some exceptions to that rule, but the winner obviously ends up having more exposure and media coverage which comes with the territory of being "the winner" so more people (also outside of the ESC fanbase) will pay attention to that particular song. Still though, if it was only up to the juries, Duncan wouldn't have won either and I try to grasp my head around why people still see them as some sort of musical "professionals" and "geniuses" when their voting patterns so often showcase the opposite xshrug

Romeo

HEY NORWAY!

I have a bone to pick with you!

tenor.gif

I've just been listening to MGP 2008 again and realised that Dusty Cowshit and Crash were the best 2 in 2008. Granted I fell in love with Guri at Eurovision but I think Crash or Dusty Cowshit would have been better entries.

AAAAAND...

I have just realised why I loved TuVeia this year. I was listening to it and realised it reminded me of Chicken Rodeo

Elina UA

maybe I should remind you that Austria won the jury vote in 2018 and Australia in 2016, so if it were up to the juries alone then only the 1950's entry from Portugal 2017 would have won in the end of the day.
You are right. The juries suck. Italy 2015 and Poland 2016 were robbed by the juries. The juries that drool over unispiring boring entries from Sweden every single year from 2015. And giving 2nd place in semi to Australian Gallo is ridiculous.
Sure, they are professionals, and we poor uneducated plebs know nothing about music.

Last edited:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Build a bridge and get over it.

Ezio

Veteran
I just read back a couple of dozen pages and it's been hilarious.

There are a lot of people asking if it's a joke entry and burns about the song being cheesy, Tix's wings etc.

It's understandable that people are confused. It's not a joke entry, it is consciously cheesy (as all of Tix's music is), but the performance is also cheeky and obviously so with the wings and gold. It's all of it and there's no need to put it in a box, you just get a sense of it. I don't know if this is an aspect of norwegian culture that doesn't translate or if international viewers will get the same sense. It's so bad it's good in a way and we smile at ourselves for liking it. I get the sense that his music is hyperbolic without being judgmental, it's more about embracing a side of yourself. It's a difficult balancing act that he's able to pull off somehow.

One part of this is his background in russe-sanger, which are party songs for the way over the top high school graduation celebration. They're ridiculous songs, but it's also generally accepted that this is a period of life where ridiculous over the top is appropriate.

Tix doesn't make my kind of music, but he makes me smile and it's a guilty pleasure. Btw, he really impressed with his maturity and attitudes in a debate show last night against a newspaper critic that trashed him.

Top Bottom