Dancin', dancin'
Think you, think you fancy
Tick-tock
Don't go, don't go, don't go​

Last edited by a moderator:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Euterpa

I expect it to be removed from there shortly, just like last year tho.

In February last year, Spotify wasn't available in Croatia so maybe that's why. Spotify entered our market in July last year, so I guess that the contract now is different and that the compilation will stay.

Brutalero

Yes, the compilation of Dora 2021 is on Spotify now.
They tagged the wrong artists for some of them.

"Colors" is actually such a good song to be honest. If only it is being used by an internally selected artist from some other competing country, I can see this being performed on the Eurovision big stage.
Such a good song and such a great performer. A shame that her family had to overshadow her amazing performance and artistry by making silly posts on social media on the coattails of the Nina-Imma-let-you-finish-but-I-had-the-best-song train.

crashworld

Veteran
I was reading comments on Bernarda's Dora performance on YouTube. I didn't know Bernarda is visually impaired. I take back my comments on her dance moves.

And "Colours" has been floating around in the ESC circle but it got passed.

The song has grown so much for me. It's my favourite from this year's Dora edition. Borislav sure knows how to make them songs slap.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
In February last year, Spotify wasn't available in Croatia so maybe that's why. Spotify entered our market in July last year, so I guess that the contract now is different and that the compilation will stay.

I don't think it has anything to do with that, as Dora 2019's compilation has been never removed.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
At the time I was looking at it, they tagged some random profile with 90 followers named Albina instead of blue checkmark Albina, and the wrong Eric as well.

Ahhh, this is what you mean. I thought you meant that, just like last year with a certain Ivan Zak who didn't even take part in the competition, this year as well they had tagged somebody who hadn't even taken part. No, thankfully they didn't do this mistake this year. Yes btw, sometimes when singers choose a generic stage name, like Albina or Eric, there's bound to be some confusion in Spotify and last.fm

Euterpa

I just watched the press conference that was held right after Dora.

So Branimir Mihaljević said that the music video is ready. Their plan was to release it on Friday (February 19, I believe), but since they won, they will have to agree with HRT what is the best date for that release.

He added that the music video was filmed in 7 different locations and is very artistic. It shows Albina in two different worlds, "she passes through a portal on a highway end enters some crazy worlds". One part of the video was filmed in the Trakošćan castle (that castle is so damn beautiful, btw) and there are dance scenes filmed in a garage.

I posted the teaser here already, but here it is again, since it's relevant for this post. :D

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
I just watched the press conference that was held right after Dora.

So Branimir Mihaljević said that the music video is ready. Their plan was to release it on Friday (February 19, I believe), but since they won, they will have to agree with HRT what is the best date for that release.

He added that the music video was filmed in 7 different locations and is very artistic. It shows Albina in two different worlds, "she passes through a portal on a highway end enters some crazy worlds". One part of the video was filmed in the Trakošćan castle (that castle is so damn beautiful, btw) and there are dance scenes filmed in a garage.

I posted the teaser here already, but here it is again, since it's relevant for this post. :D

I think that is Zagreb - Belgrade Highway! :lol:

ag89

Well, the best thing that happened with this year's Dora is the fact people are finally interested in the event and I am sure next year will be even better. I cannot really remember the time when Dora attracted so much attention: maybe 2006 with Severina?! Afterwards it all went downhill.

I watched the show and this was such a logical winner. For those of you outiside the Balkan region, let me just say Albina is a very decent girl and deals wonderfully with interviews with no drama etc. But what is Eurovision selection without drama? :D It follows almost each national final, at least in Croatia, Serbia and other countries around: there is always someone who complains and makes noise.

Speaking of voting, it is not true Nina was the only person who had problems with voting: many contestants had the same issue. I guess HRT will allow longer voting window for next selection (10-15 minutes is way to short for clumsy tele companies).

Nina, Nina... Her performance was really off putting, I am sorry. Also, her performing first to me was actually a good decision and a plus for her: she competed at ESC and now she was openning the show. There is no way this hurt her placing. She recived almost 50% less televotes in comparison to the winner. Actually, there were at least 5 songs for me with a higher impact on the night.

What she is doing right now is turning even her fans against her. Complaining about the issues is ok, but attacking persons and being rude is such a bad move. People hate rude people. If she has something to complain about, the address is not the winner, but HRT.

Anyway, I do hope they will revamp Tick-Tock, it needs something more to stand out. But it is a decent effort from Croatia.

Euterpa

Guys...Albina has such a huge support. First she won both the jury and the televote - convincingly, now in YT comments and on social media, the reactions to her song are overwhelmingly positive, our media who usually loves to criticize our entries are now writing positively about Albina and her song. In RTL Direkt, Zoran Šprajc had such a huge smile on his face while interviewing Albina, I don't remember seeing that man having such a big smile on his face during an entire interview well...ever. :D

Maybe the biggest shock for me was when my 70 year old grandma who is always 'meh' to our songs, this time told me "it's quite a good song, I like it!" :lol:

I haven't seen such a universal support for our entry ever since Doris Dragović and Goran Karan. I'm so damn happy about it. xcheer

Also, the fact that Albina came to Opatija by bus, taking a regular bus line makes me love her even more. It's quite a long bus trip, some 9-10 hours. She was also carrying her Dora trophy back home in a bus. :D She said people in the bus were looking at her with a bit confused look on their faces, but they were too shy to say anything. :lol:

I also love the fact that one of her dancers keeps posting videos, he said it was his dream to dance in Dora and now he's so happy that they even won. We always hear singers saying that it was their dream to perform in ESC, but how often do we hear dancers saying the same? I just love, love, love this team and their positive energy. :love:

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
I'm really happy to hear these news!!! I've never though I would be so happy with the positive vibes around the Croatian entry!

EDIT: TICK TOCK WATCH THE DAYS GO I'M LOSING TRACK OF TIME LOST IN YOUR PLAYZONE

ag89

Btw, one of the highlights of the night was Vesna Pisarović, she stole the show and people were so happy to see her again. She is still around, but she is not really part of music scene in that normal way anymore. But is she decides to record new stuff, you can be sure she will EASILY fill or major arenas in Croatia and countries around. She was such a diva!

Mrm

Veteran
Btw, one of the highlights of the night was Vesna Pisarović, she stole the show and people were so happy to see her again. She is still around, but she is not really part of music scene in that normal way anymore. But is she decides to record new stuff, you can be sure she will EASILY fill or major arenas in Croatia and countries around. She was such a diva!
She's from Brcko :)

Top Bottom