Contact us

JESC 2011 - Yerevan

aletem

Looking at the voting, Georgia totally voted tactically. 1-3 points to the countries that were threatening the top. Anyways its just JESC but still, at least a better song couldve won.
Don't they always? :lol: Either is that, or their taste is unpredictable. They did the same last year and in 2008. They have done that in ESC many times (the 12 to Belgium in 2007).

CPV4931

Congratulations to Georgia!
I missed the show tonight, is the whole show already avaliable in the internet?

madlen_t

The results were a surprise for me, a good surprise. The winners have a nice, childish song, this is Junior Eurovision after all. They gave a good preformance too. Í'm happy with Bulgaria's result too, for a moment there I thoght that Ivan will be last. For the first time from years there wasn't big diaspoira voting. For the first time Belarus didn't give 12 points to Russia, Moldova didn.t give anything to Russia, Macedonia too. Russia didn't receive 12 points from Belarus, Armenia or Ukraine. I think that The Netherlands or Georgia won the teleovte and Belarus was first in jury vote.

CPV4931

@Sim: Thank you :-)

94ayd

I was more than pleasantly surprised with EVERYTHING last time! I don't remember enjoying anything as much for a long time. I loved everything there was to love - the stage, the hosts, the songs, the performers/performances, our points, the spokerspersons and the overall results, too. :) I'm gonna be posting my new top 13 and my reviews on each performance in the respective threads. By the way, I voted once for :md: & :be: each. ;) I can't get out of my head a lot of the songs, especially the top 2, even though I wasn't too crazy about any of them pre-show. I even watched JESC again today. xrofl3

Last edited:

Yamarus

LOL I was sooooo wrong about the winning song! I'm often wrong in my predictions, I should develop a system where I choose the song I consider less likely to win.

AlekS

Veteran
Why Kristall performed so bad on the final night (unlike @ rehearsals): her earphone didn't work properly. Of course our delegation is not going to complain or anything. She was upset of course but life doesn't stop )))
xkiss to Andy for this info.

Ratings in UA were higher than I thought so maybe it's not so bad. Not so good ratings in Russia but still not a tragedy.
EBU wants to have 16 countries @ ESC 2012. Ehhh, we'll see how it goes :)

Farahim

quick question ..i have know idea how JESC rules works, but at least i know the winning country has to host. isn't it? For example Armenia won this contest in 2010 and hosted in 2011. Now Georgia won for 2012, however, Netherlands will host it.. why? any financial problem?

In my believe Georgia should host it , if it is even about financial problem. This contest good for represent you culture, lifestyle, national food and music to the world.

Yamarus

quick question ..i have know idea how JESC rules works, but at least i know the winning country has to host. isn't it? For example Armenia won this contest in 2010 and hosted in 2011. Now Georgia won for 2012, however, Netherlands will host it.. why? any financial problem?

In my believe Georgia should host it , if it is even about financial problem. This contest good for represent you culture, lifestyle, national food and music to the world.

The host country is always determined before the competition, and it was pure coincidence that Armenia won the year before it hosted. The logic behind this is fairly understandable: they don't want to impose more pressure on kids to secure a contest in their country. Winning it is gratifying enough.

Farahim

The host country is always determined before the competition, and it was pure coincidence that Armenia won the year before it hosted. The logic behind this is fairly understandable: they don't want to impose more pressure on kids to secure a contest in their country. Winning it is gratifying enough.

Thank you for your answer.
Then is it possible for Azerbaijan to host it without joining on it?

@94ayd thank you for your answer too.

Top Bottom