Contact us

What countries would you like to see in FSC?

Hele.

I think we just need semifinal. :) And it is definitely nice to see new countries in the contest! :D

Grinch

^^ Mods are against the semi final idea. And they seem pretty strict about it :(

sannerz

Having semi-finals means having three different links for DLing music, three different recaps, preparing three different shows, and graphics for each show(even if the templates are all the same).
That's an extra hassle for the mods who already work hard enough and take time out of their regular lives to prepare a show for us.

Be grateful for what you already have. ;)

r3gg13

Having semi-finals means having three different links for DLing music, three different recaps, preparing three different shows, and graphics for each show(even if the templates are all the same).
That's an extra hassle for the mods who already work hard enough and take time out of their regular lives to prepare a show for us.

xyeah. Plus, if we ended up having a semi final round, you would have to vote more, this is not ideal for all players. You have to remember that this game should be accessible to people who don't have too much time to commit as well. Also, IMO, don't fix anything that's not broken. Not having a semi final is not a flaw of the system. So, I say let's keep it in its original format.

MyHeartIsYours

^ That's dependent on people's opinion's, it's not a fact that it's not broken cuz some people think it is ;).

As for Semis, like I said, it wouldnt have to be any more difficult for anybody, the voting can be non-compulsory and there doesnt need to be a show... Im sure the rest of the members can handle two-parts of a contest without fancy graphics.

Charly

^ That's dependent on people's opinion's, it's not a fact that it's not broken cuz some people think it is ;).

As for Semis, like I said, it wouldnt have to be any more difficult for anybody, the voting can be non-compulsory and there doesnt need to be a show... Im sure the rest of the members can handle two-parts of a contest without fancy graphics.

+1 :p

doctormalisimo

If this was near the start of the FSC journey, I'd say yes to semi finals, but there's no point changing it now after 31 editions. And having semi finals would mean that more juries would send safe, boring songs and less juries would send risky songs for fear of not being part of the main show.

ParadiseES

And we should vote three time in a month!!!
Maybe some people here have a lot of free time, but this contest is for everyone ;)

MyHeartIsYours

If this was near the start of the FSC journey, I'd say yes to semi finals, but there's no point changing it now after 31 editions. And having semi finals would mean that more juries would send safe, boring songs and less juries would send risky songs for fear of not being part of the main show.
You could say that about Eurovision introducing SemiFinals after half a century of production?

MyHeartIsYours

And we should vote three time in a month!!!
Maybe some people here have a lot of free time, but this contest is for everyone ;)
The voting doesnt have to be compulsory in the SemiFinals, it should be optional :). I probably wouldnt always vote in them, but I know that Id find it much easier and quicker to vote in the Final if there were only 20/25 entries rather than nearly 50... it just drags like hell with so many.

Last edited:

MyHeartIsYours

and when did I say Eurovision pre-2004 was better than Eurovision post-2004? :p :mrgreen:
No but Im saying that it's not a reason not to introduce a change because something has been like that forever... otherwise we'd all be sitting in huts as cavemen hunting mammoths wouldnt we ;).

But I would also like to say that I think that SemiFinals would raise the quality of songs. Tbh many quite poor songs manage to get by atm because they blend in to everything else. If the songs were shortlisted, then these types would go out and we'd be left with a better sounding Final. And I say this from the perspective that if we did introduce Semis, and the UK wasnt pre-qualified, we wouldnt have been in a Final for about 5 months now!

doctormalisimo

No but Im saying that it's not a reason not to introduce a change because something has been like that forever... otherwise we'd all be sitting in huts as cavemen hunting mammoths wouldnt we ;).
I'm usually a very progressive person, but I'm staying a bit conservative on this. The contest is alright as it is. Yes it has gotten huge lately and listening to 40 songs is a chore, but I'm sure some of the single-member juries will be withdrawing soon when they get sick of the contest, then we can go back to normal :D

But I would also like to say that I think that SemiFinals would raise the quality of songs. Tbh many quite poor songs manage to get by atm because they blend in to everything else. If the songs were shortlisted, then these types would go out and we'd be left with a better sounding Final. And I say this from the perspective that if we did introduce Semis, and the UK wasnt pre-qualified, we wouldnt have been in a Final for about 5 months now!
Well everyone has different tastes, so what is poor to one person is brilliant to another. The only thing it would do is promote mainstream entries from artists everyone already knows and diminish lesser-known artists. The quality of finals could increase, but the diversity of them would decrease - which is bad. Also, if voting is optional in the semis, then not everyone will have a say in who's in the final.
And Ireland would never qualify to the final. Never.

Hele.

About SF reasons, I think it should be introduced is simply that contests is evolving and it is not the same to vote for top 10 when you have 25 countries and 40+. About SFs people just "should" vote in their semi and in other they can if they want so (Rest of jury could be formed). When it comes to final I'm not sure if everyone has to vote or just finalists but anyway, it is almost same to vote for 25 countries in final for about two weeks and voting for almost 50 countries in final in one month. About work for mods (if they don't introduce that someone other can help in organisation to them) it even can be easier a little. Because banners can be made at beginning of SFs and simply the same banner that is made for one country can be used in final again (so no need to making any new banner). About SF results 10 qualifiers can simply be announced and in final it would be actually easier to make about 25 scoreboards of voting for them instead of about 40+. About recaps we haven't had it always but anyway, for ones who make it I think it is almost same to make 2 recaps with 20 songs (and eventually one more later with about same number of songs) or one with 40. ;) This is just my opinion. :)

r3gg13

Tell me why it's broken. I'm not trying to sound like a sass, I actually want to know why people think that it's necessary :)

MyHeartIsYours

Tell me why it's broken. I'm not trying to sound like a sass, I actually want to know why people think that it's necessary :)
Well Im trying to say that just because you, Aleks, Matt, sannerz, etc, think that it's not broken, doesnt mean that me and others dont think it is. If there wasnt a problem, then why has this dicussion come up again for like the 4th time in a month. It's obvious that more than just a couple of people think there should be a change.
As to why I personally think it's broken, it is because there are too many songs bunched together. Songs in the middle are forgotten about, the listening takes a very long time (someone said you cant listen to a few songs everyday, that's true but one day I can really like a song, and the next day hate it, and so the songs wouldnt be compared against each other) and also because it is supposed to be ESC all-year-round and once it became clear on ESC that there were too many songs in one show, they changed it and created the SemiFinal, then they changed it again and made 2 - nothing terrible happened!
My main view on the issue is though that the will of the majority should be followed. I dont expect my view to be held above all others, but atm, we dont know which view is in the majority.

Hele.

^
You have this same thing in the subforum just below this one ;)

If you mean on organisation of Spin off, Reggie and me agreed it is best to not change anything because from beginning showed was planed as one night show and we already started to prepare stuffs for it like that. Then, first suggestion that SF in Spin off can be organized came at 7th September in night and we already started to prepare banners for the show! Next thing is that show was planed to start at 12th and it did and if we have changed deadlines (to start earlier) some people wouldn't see that info in just few days and they might not joined the contest because they would be too late. Then as show started at 12th and it has to be finished by the end of the month there is not enough time to vote in SF and final (because spin off doesn't start at beginning of the month like real FSC). Furthermore there are 32 countries which is not enough to make two semis (how much should qualify, if would go for even 9 (from 16) which is more than half in final would be just 18 countries). 32 is enough to make one semifinal (with direct qualifiers from previous round but it would be unfair to decide who will be that 10 countries - basically, some would get privileged then). And one show with 32 countries is not the same like one show with 40+ countries! When FSC was with about 30 countries that was normal and ok (and I don't think SF is necessary then). Also, some countries would lost interest if they not qualify (which I admit is the worst thing that SF brings with itself) so I didn't want to do it that some countries are out just one week before it ends when they already submitted their participation in additional, non mandatory event! Anyway, all these stuff overcome to not have SF there. But if we knew there will be so big number of countries (which we really couldn't predict and previous spin offs were about 20 countries I think) and if we could start it from beginning of the month I think there would be big possibility to even organize SFs! In conclusion, first, number of countries we have in spin off is not as big as here, secondly show started in middle of the month so that would mean two votings in two weeks and third it is non mandatory contest so why to "punish" part of active players to be out of competition for just a week! ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom