• Total voters

No Name

Re: ???????? - Armenia 2011

goktengri said:
Milos-BC said:
System Of A Down would be amazing to see on ESC :D

But probably not going to happen :lol:

I think they will send a political song if they join

Dont expect too much. System of A Down doesn't exist anymore. Serj Tankian went solo long time ago.

So yeah...I'm hoping to see Serj Tankian for Armenia:

serjDetail1Full.jpg

C'mon Armenia!!!! You can blow ESC away with this guy :twisted:

AlekS

Veteran

Serj Tankian denied (again) rumors about his participation in Eurovision

"I have no idea what's Eurovision. Rumors about my participation were started by 1 journalist..."
source: Panarmenian
He said that if he participated he would mentioned henocide (meaning that this will never happen xshrug )
Serj said this in Yerevan where he's having a concert today.

Milos-BC

Yes, when I mentioned SOAD, it was more of a desire than "my opinion it can really happen" :lol: :(

ParadiseES

So bad news. I love System of a Down and I like Serg's songs too :(

A-lister

Veteran
Re: ՀԱՅԱՍՏԱՆ - Armenia 2011

^
There will be? Thought they said that it will be 100% internal selection this time around?

Anyways Sirusho would be great! But i'd rather see a new face in ESC. Sofi Mkheyan would be my first choice.

AlekS

Veteran

^ Let me re-phrase. The NF for one performer but not Sirusho ;)
They made a lil' bit different hints ;) Most likely someone who has already participated in the previous NFs, after Sirusho :rolleyes:

A-lister

Veteran

^ Let me re-phrase. The NF for one performer but not Sirusho ;)
They made a lil' bit different hints ;) Most likely someone who has already participated in the previous NFs, after Sirusho :rolleyes:

Aha I see!

Previous participants? Hmm... who can it be?

Maybe Shprot? She got cool style but bad songs though, if they manage to give her some decent entries it could be an interesting choice.

Qele_Armenia

About Ethan Boroian

Ethan-Boroian2.jpg

cafa0771b9c20317_Ethan-Boroian-X-Factor.jpg

ethan+boroian+photo+6+from+Facebook+cropped.jpg

Ethan Boroian was born on the 26th of October 1989 in Illinois and moved to France at the age of two.
He began playing guitar at 13; joining a band with two of his friends after playing guitar for only a few months. The band, “Jona’s Basement”, focused on rock music and played various clubs, including New Morning in Paris. It was only after the band broke up in 2003 that Ethan began approaching different styles of music. After a year of playing strictly Blues and Jazz, Ethan decided to move forward looking at other genres. Ethan started to write his own music at the age of fifteen, and has never looked back. Now living in England while he studies at Royal Holloway University of London, he still finds the time to write music and dreams of people all over the world listening to his music.

http://www.myspace.com/ethanboroian

Simon87

Hayk Kasparov is the best one :D

Simon87

I didnt mean that :lol:

He has good songs ;)

A.B.

Please don't send a ethno song. I think that it's time for a modern song from Armenia.

A-lister

Veteran

Please don't send a ethno song. I think that it's time for a modern song from Armenia.

Why? It's been a working formula so far. Atleast Armenia hass been in my top.10 2008-2010.

Also ethnic doesn't mean it can't be modern in the same time. No entry Armenia send was "pure traditional ethno music" in any ways, they've all been mixed up with more current genres and styles.

Armenia is a proud nation and aren't afraid to show it to Europe. I wish more countries would follow in those steps rather than the other way round where everyone trying to send as Americanized/Westernized music as possible.

Last edited:

A.B.

Why? It's been a working formula so far. Atleast Armenia hass been in my top.10 2008-2010.

Also ethnic doesn't mean it can't be modern in the same time. No entry Armenia send was "pure traditional ethno music" in any ways, they've all been mixed up with more current genres and styles.

Armenia is a proud nation and aren't afraid to show it to Europe. I wish more countries would follow in those steps rather than the other way round where everyone trying to send as Americanized/Westernized music as possible.

I agree with you about the last part. I also don't like the way the American/Western music "took the stage" of the Eurovision Song Contest. I'm a fan of this event because I consider it something alternative to the contemporany crappy songs (see Gaga, Britney & other sh*tty acts like that).

But I also want diversity. Evolution is a word I like so much. IMO, if Armenia will keep sending ethno songs they refuse to dare to take the risk to achieve higher levels. Every country should use its potential 100% and don't stick to a formula they think it's the best.

Top Bottom