Last edited by a moderator:

AndroZeus

Rina please

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Jane McDonald pls

Chrisiam

Regardless of how things end up going with the 2023 contest, I do hope TaP and the BBC continue to work together. They've done well so far and I think there is still more they can do.

JenJen94

Regardless of how things end up going with the 2023 contest, I do hope TaP and the BBC continue to work together. They've done well so far and I think there is still more they can do.

I hope so too! I still stand by saying what I said a while back-if they continue on, and keep on working to change the perspective of Eurovision in the UK, I smell a likely victory coming soon tbh

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I am bit dubious if TaP will continue. Given their interview on the podcast a month or so ago it seems it was just meant to be a one of deal, but we became the hosts so they couldn't resist the chance to come back. If Mae flops they not feel so inclined to come back for a 3rd shot. Hopefully they do because for 2 years running they've provided us with 2 very extroverted charismatic people who have actual stage presence, both singing songs that are respectable and reflection of British music. I wasn't a fam of Space Man, but it was a clear step up from the past. I don't want to return to the pre-2022 era where we sent mediocre songs sung by people who were lovely enough but had the stage presence and charisma of a used tissue.

Mainshow

Veteran
Cheryl (Cole). please!

She will be free! - It´s her last month to star in "2:22: A Ghost Story" at the Theatre!

???

crashworld

Veteran
Cheryl (Cole). please!

She will be free! - It´s her last month to star in "2:22: A Ghost Story" at the Theatre!

Would rather have Rachel Stevens from S Club 7. She needs to continue the exemplary work she did with "Come And Get it", which was ahead of its time.

Eidechse

Rina Sawayama is great and would keep expectations for UK high. I want a more mellow song from the Great Britan however. Welsh acoustic country performed by local talent is appreciated.

SpiritofKeiino

Please next year BBC send someone who can sing. Those vocals in the clip were absolutely dire. Yes the staging and song are good but her vocals are ruining it if that's the quality of performance she gives on Sat.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I Love Mae but I have to agree. The vocals are not there, it's like she's whispering, which is such a shame because both the song and the staging are great.

Hopefully, a bad placing won't discourage them. TAP music should still be in charge imo.

JenJen94

Someone suggested to me that the bbc should maybe change their selection process next year and I think...it's one year with a meh result since TAP came in, come on....just because one bad result with them doesn't mean we need to scrap them you know?

I want them to stick around and continue working with the BBC to find the talent. I still think we can win at some point though. Rebecca Ferguson said she would like to go for the UK? I'd take it tbh. Her voice is beautiful, and she nailed that interval act. Vocally good, right song and I think we could do well with someone like her.

Mae's song was good, and she did do very well but sadly it just didn't come across the best live as many expected. It's such a shame and I'm gutted for her.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Someone suggested to me that the bbc should maybe change their selection process next year and I think...it's one year with a meh result since TAP came in, come on....just because one bad result with them doesn't mean we need to scrap them you know?

I want them to stick around and continue working with the BBC to find the talent. I still think we can win at some point though. Rebecca Ferguson said she would like to go for the UK? I'd take it tbh. Her voice is beautiful, and she nailed that interval act. Vocally good, right song and I think we could do well with someone like her.

Mae's song was good, and she did do very well but sadly it just didn't come across the best live as many expected. It's such a shame and I'm gutted for her.

exactly, the UK can still be proud. I wrote a song remains one of the best British entries in the last years, it's just a shame it didn't work that well live.

Coconut Waterwurst

I'd love for the UK to take a risk and send something completely out of the box next year. TAP disappointed me due to the fact that they failed in their mission to find a competent live vocalist. I hope we can get back up towards to top half of the scoreboard again and we don't stay down towards the bottom...

Top Bottom