FSC #167 - January 2023: The Show! [Riga - Latvia] | RESULTS from page 2

Journalist

Thanks Ukraine for 8! xup
Congrats Austria!
Thank you @aardvark for amazing show!

Thank you guys for amazing 3rd place! 🎁

Last edited:

Datura

thank you guys, that was totally unexpected. i mean i thought maaaybe i found a song u might enjoy a bit and end up on the left side but i did not see that coming at all (i was sure bosnia would take the victory in the end).

gotta say this is the 2nd time austria won since i joined and both times the winning act had a connection to Iceland :is: (Thorsteinn Einarsson has icelandic roots and well we all know Dadi.) anyway, thank you, i know it's just a contest and fun and games but this just made me really really happy xlove

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
Started so well and then the points just stopped :lol: I expected a lower placing this month but a bit higher than 26th, ah well thanks for all the votes for :uk: xheart

Congrats :at: xclap

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
Congratulations :at: !! xcheer
I wasn't that keen on the song myself, but it still nearly made it to my personal top 30 ;)
I'll be looking forward to going to Austria next month :D

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
thank you guys, that was totally unexpected. i mean i thought maaaybe i found a song u might enjoy a bit and end up on the left side but i did not see that coming at all (i was sure bosnia would take the victory in the end).

gotta say this is the 2nd time austria won since i joined and both times the winning act had a connection to Iceland :is: (Thorsteinn Einarsson has icelandic roots and well we all know Dadi.) anyway, thank you, i know it's just a contest and fun and games but this just made me really really happy xlove

I absolutely adore Symphony by Thorsteinn Einarsson (my clear 12-pointer back then) xheart

AliceEsc

It was an exciting show, :gr: ended up last again, it's my 3rd time, is there a record to break? xdance
Thanks for the points :my: :nl: :no: and :tw: ! xheart

I'm really happy for @Datura, I remember you saying your picks don't seem to vibe with the other jurors, so the win is even more special!

And a recap of the greek votes:

:12: :hr:
:10: :no:
:8: :ee:
:7: :ua:
:6: :us:
:5: :nl:
:4: :az:
:3: :rs:
:2: :tw:
:1: :cy:

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
And also a big thanks to everybody who voted for :za: this month. I was a bit nervous about this entry, as I thought it could potentially flop majorly. So I'm very happy with the final result, and that so many of you enjoyed it like I did. Narrowly missed out on the top 10, but you can have this one, Cyprus.

Thanks again to:
:12: :ch: :love:
:10: :ba:
:8: :il::lt:
:7: :ua:
:6: :nl:
:4: :cz:
:3: :lv::pl:
:2: :at::bg:
:1: :se::uk:

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Congrats :at:! Not my favorite entry of yours, but still a nice song. I preferred your last month's not so successful entry over your winning entry of this month.;)

Thanks for the last minute top 10 for my entry. To be honest, I thought my entry could be in top 5 but it was such a competitive month so it's a great achievement. :)

And I don't get how my :10::tw: and :8::ma: are doing in the bottom. Seriously robbed!

Codeword Iroquois

The poetic justice of knocking oneself out of the top 10 is unbearably funny. Congrats to :at:, the holder of the title of 'second song someone else sent that I already knew of', as well as the title of 'second song someone else sent I already knew of that won'.

Thanks to those who voted :us: this month! (little secret, I only listened to my own song midway through the month - never been much of a swiftie myself, but it's reputation preceded it - shh)

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
As Denmark just won the third World Cup in handball for the third time in a row, beating France a couple of minutes ago, a slightly disappoining result in FSC doesn't matter to me at all !! :dk: xheart
I'd hoped for a spot in top 10, but I'm still totally satisfied with ending 17th right now ;)

AlekS

Veteran
Overall I had 15 faves, very competitive month indeed.

The hell froze xfaint My :12: won the whole thing (:at: xrosexlove) + :10: and :8: are also in the top 5, lol. My votes fit the top 18, including own entry. 11/18 after months of not feeling the room :cool:

"Hallelujah! We're glorious!" (c)

nwAftJS.gif

:LOL:

The drama, such a close race until the finish line xpopcorn

xbow@aardvark for hosting.

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
Right, so being such a huge sports fan, it took me a while, but now I'm finally done crying about the handball result :LOL:

And I can focus properly on FSC again:

Obviously I'm slightly disppointed with ending 17th. I never thought the Danish entry would end anywhere near the top, but I did imagine something a bit better :p

But I'm very grateful for the points (especially the 12s!):

xheart :lv: :uk: :pl: :il: :ma: :cy: :de: :nl: :ee: :lt: :ie: :rs: :za: xheart

Thank you so so much! :D

These were my points:

:12: :ee: I'm glad she did that well cause I loved the vibe and... Well, most things really
:10: :ua: So moving, so deep! Once again it was the whole atmosphere that really moved me
:8: :il: True Israeli pop when it's best
:7: :lv: Such a charming entry
:6: :cz: Dymytry is amazing! Not their best song, but still pretty good
:5: :ba: Well, just like Dymytry: Not her best song, but still pretty good
:4: :lt: It's good. Not great, but good
:3: :es: It makes you happy, makes you dancing
:2: :tr: Unique with an interesting shift between different genres... Interesting
:1: :nl: I thought it would do amazingly well, definitely top 5! There was something lacking though... I'm not quite sure what, but something was sadly lacking

11th: Croatia
12th - 15th: Finland, Mexico, Morocco, Switzerland

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Many Congratulations to :at: Austria with FSC-victory!
tqcd9Op.gif

My absolute favourites this month were: :ee::ba::il: (great choices all!) but well done to all countries that ended in my top 10, you all sent enjoyable songs!
tqcd9Op.gif

The countries that ended just outside my top 10 - & my points - this FSC-month, were (in no particular order): :nl::se::us: Nice entries these too
tqcd9Op.gif

Thank You to everyone for the votes/points (special thanks for the 10 and 8 points!) - and a very good 9th place this month - for Norway in FSC #167 January. KEiiNO are among my favourite Norwegian groups and I am happy to bring them to FSC. I am also well pleased to make the top 10 again this month and glad to see several of you enjoyed this melodic folk-flavoured Norwegian/Sami Scandipop song by the talented KEiiNO :)

Here are the Norwegian Jury-votes for FSC #167 January

OpehAyt.jpg

The Norwegian jury looks forward to presenting more Norwegian music for you in FSC #168 February!
tqcd9Op.gif

Regards,
Malagant​

Geborgenheit

Obviously I'm slightly disppointed with ending 17th. I never thought the Danish entry would end anywhere near the top, but I did imagine something a bit better :p

But I'm very grateful for the points (especially the 12s!):

xheart :lv: :uk: :pl: :il: :ma: :cy: :de: :nl: :ee: :lt: :ie: :rs: :za: xheart

Thank you so so much! :D
I loved the Danish entry, it was my clear favourite right from the start. 😻

Top Bottom