Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

Ezio

Veteran
ROFL!
That‘s the weirdest fallacy I‘ve ever come across! „The more precise you give your arguments the less it‘s valid“

Not everything you don‘t like is whataboutism though…

I accept, that you think that not looking at things closely is „radical“ (in the latin sense) - be happy with that and as I said: Call a whale a fish if you want. Only: it isn‘t

It's perfect whataboutism when your fancy counter-argument is replaced votes calculated by an algorithm.

It's also perfect whataboutism to call a whale a fish, because mammals and fishes are perfectly defined in a biological sense.

Sharp and simple, unlike your blah blah.

LoveHate

Would it be just a little too perfect if semi 1 would be opened by the last UK winner, with a singer of Ukrainian descent, with a song about the host city?

jatojo

The bookmaker mystery so far this year is the Irish surge to the top of the field. I accept the fact that many think Connoly's song is good, but I don't see it as a certain qualifier. Nor do I regard it as better than all the songs from Norway and Finland. Maybe it's just the usual "hey, let's have some fun" thing that we see from the bookies a couple of times each year.

Etanna

The bookmaker mystery so far this year is the Irish surge to the top of the field. I accept the fact that many think Connoly's song is good, but I don't see it as a certain qualifier. Nor do I regard it as better than all the songs from Norway and Finland. Maybe it's just the usual "hey, let's have some fun" thing that we see from the bookies a couple of times each year.
People are probably betting on the famous name alone and not the song which they've probably not even bothered to listen to :D

mauve

Veteran
I CAN'T believe it --- we have no show until Friday! 😱😱😱 FREE time! (Except Monday - we get the Norway songs for heat 3).

aef

So when do we get any information about the theme and logo?

Mainshow

Veteran
Booked my accommodation today!! Staying in Manchester - a train ride away from Liverpool. I wasn't about to pay £1,200 for 4 nights in a Premier Inn.

Find me in the Eurovision village from Wednesday 10th May!!

That´s amazing! I´m happy for you that you could experience Eurovision this year!

Bmbriga

I'm completely out of the loop this year and I need to catch up.
Those Croatian songs coming out killed me a little bit inside and I needed time to recover.
They shouldn't do it ever again. Just keep it under wrap until the show. You have nothing to show anyway. xcoffee

MopManMoss

Veteran
Green room is going to be on the arena floor which ordinarily would be fine but the arena is only 11k capacity to begin with, this is going to be the least attended eurovision in decades, the BBC giving it to Liverpool was an absolute joke

MooseShoes

Green room is going to be on the arena floor which ordinarily would be fine but the arena is only 11k capacity to begin with, this is going to be the least attended eurovision in decades, the BBC giving it to Liverpool was an absolute joke
For all the non-native English speakers out there, that guy's accent at the beginning and the end of the video is the one you're all going to have to get used to when you visit Liverpool.

Going back to the original point, I'm now wondering what sort of ritual sacrifice I'll have to perform if I want to get tickets.

Mainshow

Veteran
If I´m not mistaken, we´re only "waiting" for the songs from 5 more countries :se: , :pl: , :sm: , :it: and :rs: when it comes to nationl finals... we will be getting the last songs of :cz: tonight?

Personally, I think that we haven´t heard the winning entry yet.

Mainshow

Veteran
If I´m not mistaken, we´re only "waiting" for the songs from 5 more countries :se: , :pl: , :sm: , :it: and :rs: when it comes to nationl finals... we will be getting the last songs of :cz: tonight?

Personally, I think that we haven´t heard the winning entry yet.

3:30 hrs later... Mainshow talking about :cz: giving him winner vibes :D

I also believe that :se:, :it: and :rs: will be throwing in their hats into the ring as well.

Mainshow

Veteran

The Semi-Final Allocation Draw 2023 will take place on Tuesday 31 January at 20:00 CET live from Liverpool, alongside a ceremony which sees the Host City insignia pass from previous hosts Turin to our Liverpudlian friends.

---------

I can´t think of any allocation draw happening at 8 pm CET!

That´s great because more fans can watch it probably!

Mainshow

Veteran
They also released the POTS!!!!

Semi-Final Allocation Pots 2023

Pot 1​

Pot 2​

Pot 3​

Albania
Austria
Switzerland
Croatia
Serbia
Slovenia
Denmark
Australia
Finland
Iceland
Norway
Sweden
Estonia
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Georgia
Israel
Latvia
Lithuania

Pot 4​

Pot 5​

No Pot​

Cyprus
Greece
Ireland
Malta
Portugal
San Marino
Belgium
Czech Republic
Netherlands
Moldova
Poland
Romania
France
Italy
Germany
Spain
United Kingdom
Ukraine

ESCConor

Its not about size, its about quality.

Ive got no doubt it will be a great ESC.

ESCConor

Looks like the slogan for Eurovision 2023 is United by Music.

Also it appears the logo is a mix of yellow and blue, the colours of the Ukrainian flag.

Top Bottom