1 0.5%

1 0.5%

8 4.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

FRFanESC

I hope we will have some news after jesc... Do you think it will be an internal selection? And if so, maybe with a biggest artist we could expect with a NF?
I'd like a new NF but with lots of quality songs, which won't be the case until Alexandra decides to work with an external producer for the casting like with DE. So an internal selection might not be a bad idea, considering the choices we've made with the junior (Lissandro not included), as long as we don't see a rejected melfest song, lmao. But seriously just send Carla with a bop now that she's more popular than before thanks to her 2nd place in DWTS.

DanielLuis

Carla is surely destined to be France's entry eventually. But hopefully she'll only go when they give her a truly competitive song.
I think an internal selection is probably the way to go for France right now, I mean even after Barbara's 2nd place no established artist dared to compete on the NF.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Finally some (little) news... ARA gave an interview this morning on a radio about ESC and mostly the JESC win. Basically, nothing seems to be stopped right now, french delegation have few hypotheses and they'll make their choice in the coming weeks. She also says that "beautiful surprises" are coming our way and that they worked a lot on JESC but they kept on working also on ESC and that they're still in for the win.
Yeah, well... let's wait and see, when i see her saying how they select songs, i think they are quite out of touch. But hey, nothing is written tho.

HarryUK

The French NF is always a highlight for me so I do hope it's back!! I have a basic grasp of French so I can understand what's going on :LOL:

Tom Leeb coming back would be a present for my eyes, but please keep him away from English verses and the Eiffel Tower

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Tom Leeb coming back? 😭😭😭😭😭

I'm quite afraid of the Tom Leeb-ish style of "beautiful suprises" tho...

Someone on Twitter wrote something quite relevant : maybe there is a case like Poland last year, maybe they have a track they strongly believe in but they may want to avoid the s*itstorm they had with Leeb and do a last-minute NF, who would be a crossover between internal and national selection. Well, let's see, i'm dying of knowing what's up.

harey

I'm quite afraid of the Tom Leeb-ish style of "beautiful suprises" tho...
Yeah, that was the point of my post because I remember how much she was a fan of this song.

I was wondering, maybe the "beautiful surprise" and the fact that they are not sure to held a selection is because a "big" artist has a song but doesn't want to take part to a NF.

I don't like the fact that they choose every year if they get a NF or not, I would like to have a NF more than 2 years in a row or not at all. Sorry, I'm not sure to be able to express clearly my mind but this lead to think that they don't know what to do with the Eurovision brand and they are trying things but don't let them the time to be really tried. Like having a NF, and improving slightly the concept each year more than ditching it because of a bad result the previous year.

randajad

Veteran
Imagine having music, but culture more broadly as your main thing and even considering sending Tom Leeb to a culture event. :lol:

DanielLuis

I have a feeling Pravi will return already, maybe as a composer only who knows. They seemed to be hinting at that in a recent video on the Eurovision YT channel

HarryUK

I saw Barbara Pravi in concert this year and she has a magnificent stage presence and she really does have a superb voice live - I'd love for her to return with another beautiful entry, whether that be as a composer or as the performer.

DirtyFalcon

If i was the head of delegation, i would put the 2 songs below on the NF. What do you think of these songs ? Do you think they have potential for the contest ? I would not try them internally as it's too risky but they would be great entries on a NF imo

I'm also curious about the video where there were hints about Eurovision 2023

Looren

Veteran

Yes yes yes ! I follow Nour since she was in The Voice Kids and always thought she had an amazing potential, she confirmed that by winning The Voice with amazing performances

And her song Premier Amour is absolutely beautiful, would love to see her in ESC

DirtyFalcon

Yes yes yes ! I follow Nour since she was in The Voice Kids and always thought she had an amazing potential, she confirmed that by winning The Voice with amazing performances

And her song Premier Amour is absolutely beautiful, would love to see her in ESC
My only fear with Premier Amour is that it could end like "Marius - Les Chansons d'Amour" from CVQD 2022. I don't know if "Premier Amour" has more potential than the song from Marius or not. In my opinion it's far better but everyone has different opinions of course. I have a feeling it could be a great entry for Eurovision but like every ballad we're used to sent, it's most of the time All or Nothing for the result, either fantastic result or big flop.

harey

I saw Barbara Pravi in concert this year and she has a magnificent stage presence and she really does have a superb voice live - I'd love for her to return with another beautiful entry, whether that be as a composer or as the performer.
I saw her in concert too and she was incredible. I wasn't the biggest fan of voilà during eurovision time but seeing her singing the song live was really something magical. ❤️

Top Bottom