8 5.0%

7 4.4%

7 4.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Kairit

Expected something.... Different from Alika :unsure:not sure I like it. The beginning was underwhelming and it's clearly a build-up and it works fine as that, but.... I don't like what was built in the end either :oops:

This selection is a big, big yawn. I thought last year was pretty good, but this one seems like a dud again.

HanVic123

1. Andreas 6/10
2. Elysa 6/10
3. Inger 6/10
4. Alika 6/10
5. Sissi 6/10
6. Janek 5/10
7. M els 5/10
8. Meelik 5/10
9. Anett & Fredi 5/10
10. Ellip 5/10
11. Linalakk, Bonzo 5/10
12. Neon Letters & Meiko 4/10
13. Bedwetters 4/10
14. Carlos Ukareda 3/10
15. Merlyn 3/10
16. Kaw 3/10
17. Wiiralt 3/10
18. Mia 2/10
19. Ollie 1/10
20. Robin Juhkental 1/10

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Alika was living her Adele fantasy which predictably turned into a messy shouty ballad in the end.

Mainshow

Veteran
Ehm... Elysa´s song is a banger? :D

I hated "Fire" with a passion but this one is so effing addictive!

Daybreak

CureForMe

Alika- 9/10 (Despite the fact that I wanted more energy from the song, I liked it a lot)

Bedwetters- 9/10 (Finally some good rock)

Janek- 8.5/10 (looking at discography, I was waiting for another boring song, some Ochman vibes)

Sissi- 8/10 (yessssss, finally a good song which can compete for the win)

MERLYN- 8/10 (interesting song but I think it could have been done better)

INGER- 7.5/10 (much-much better than her previous song)

OLLIE- 7/10 (wanted to give less but the refrain was great, especially in the end)

Elysa- 7/10 (Fire was better but still a good material)

kaw- 7/10 (not as good as Minna Koos but also OK)

Neon Letters- 6/10 (unique language but the song itself is the default)

Carlos Ukareda- 5.5/10 (average song)

m els- 5/10 (average song x2)

ELLIP- 4/10 (I liked the music video but the song could have been much better)

Meelik- 4/10 (why NOЁP participates with such low-quality songs second year in a row? Why not EDM which he makes a million times better?)

Wiiralt- 4/10 (I wanted to give 0/10 because it is the same cr*p for 3rd year in a row but after analysis, I understood that it is better than some songs)

MIA- 3/10 (1/10 without refrain)

Andreas Poom- 2/10 (a bit better than the songs below but still very boring)

Anett, Fredi- 1/10 (boring and awful)

Robin Juhkental- 1/10 (what do singers want to achieve with these songs in NFs?)

Linalakk, Bonzo- 0/10 (worst song this year + they even haven't made a normal music video, wtf is this)

Mainshow

Veteran
"Why Do You Love Me" is the type of ballad I absolutely adore.

@Looren Can we agree on this entry? :D

"House of Glass" also sounds quite promising.

"Awaiting You" sounds like a surefire jury Top 10, imo.

If ALIKA is able to nail her live performance, I wouldn´t be too mad at Estonia choosing "Bridges" either.

It´s not a bad selection of songs at all, imo - most of the songs are fillers, imo - but if any of these four entries wins the NF, I would be really happy (House of Glass, Why Do You Love Me, Bridges & Bad Philosophy (which remains my #1 for now))

AlekS

Veteran
I wouldn't be mad if Estonia chooses lesbian twink vibes of Inger.
Ollie sounds a lil' bit dated, but it's not a big deal, I like how he performs.
I still hope that Sissi will represent Estonia one day, but not with this song.

Looren

Veteran
Listened to Alika, it's nice, expected more tho, I quite like it but probably won't be my N°1 of the NF

lasse braun

does not working with firefox and also not with chrome brouser.
no videos plays - hmmm?

update:
checked at youtube around 10-12 songs and one first contact i prefer alika and the strange number from ellip.
the song monster could be something for our german mops friend?

Last edited:

EscGeek

Veteran
It happened (at least) twice already that my eesti laul winner was either the very first song i heard or the very last one.

Today i started my session with Ollie's "Venom". That song is a masterpiece!. Will keep you updated if another coincidence happens this year. I think the odds for that are very good. xmetalxbowxdance2

mauve

Veteran
the song monster could be something for our german mops friend?
Your German Mops Friend says: How on earth did you know? :ROFLMAO:

But believe it or not, Ollie's "Venom" has the biggest impact on the Mops' ears from this section.xmusic

And this Mops also likes: - listen! - Janek's "House of glass"! xheart

Btw. my browser didn't function either. You can watch it easily here:

EscGeek

Veteran
Hell yeah, Ollie for the win!! German mops friend and slovenian trolldad stan Venom xcheers Who wants to join us?

Rock on :ee: Bedwetters are great too. This selection reminds me of UMK this year where i had The Rasmus as my first and Cyan Kicks as my second.

I assume (based on previous posts) that Alika is the favorite to win, and i'm so relieved that i actually like her piano ballad. I did not expect that tbh. The secret recipe is that it sounds aggressive for a ballad, but not too aggressive. (and very Lady Gaga-esque)

& I hope Unicorn Vibes gets the momentum it deserves at least on this forum. xpopcorn:mrgreen:

For now, i rank the relevant ones like this:

1-Ollie "Venom"
2-Bedwetters "Monsters"
3-Ellip "Pretty Girl"
4-Elysa "Bad Philosophy"
5-Merlyn "Unicorn Vibes"
6-Alika "Bridges"
7-Meelik "Tuju"
8-Kaw "Valik"
9-M els "So Good At What You Do"

Ukraine yesterday was a warm up, but this NF will be one of the highlights of the season for sure xmusic

Looren

Veteran
Let's gooo

1. OLLIE - Venom : Yaaaaaaaaaaaaas ! Stunning this one !
2. m els - So Good (At What You Do) : Omg I love this, very cute song and I love the chorus so much
3. Andreas - Why Do You Love Me : Love this one, it's very sweet and cute, beautiful voice also

4. Linalakk & Bonzo - Aeg : Gosh this is so sweet and cute, love it

5. Carlos Ukareda - Whiskey won't forget : Quite basic one but I really like it
, it's sweet
6. Bedwetters - Monsters : Oh my this is a cool one, really like it

7. Sissi - Lighthouse : This is a goodie, a contender for the win I think
8. Mia - Üks Samm Korraga : Really like it, powerful
9. Alika - Bridges : Expected more from Alika, but I like it, great ending
10. Janek - House Of Glass : Started like an absolute winner but beat in 2nd verse didn't fit it I feel, but I like it overall

11. Wiiralt - Salalik : Quite cool but yeah missed the little something again
12. ELYSA - Bad Philosophy : Quite a nice one, pretty enjoyable but yeah missing something
13. Anett x Fredi - You Need To Move On : Argh hard one this, the whole thing sounds nice but am missing something

14. MERLYN - Unicorn Vibes : Okayish but not something I would listen to again

15. Neon Letters & Maiko : What I love here is the Japanese, but I don't really like the rest
16. INGER - Awaiting You : Think this is bland
17. Robin Juhkental - Kurbuse Matused : Yeah not a fan of this

18. Meelik - Tuju : Erm... no

19. kaw - Valik : I forgot it the second it ended
20. ELLIP - Pretty Girl : Oh gosh I really dislike this one

laululind

We might actually get a surprise winner this year. :LOL: I'm sure we'll have a better idea after the semis, seeing the local feedback and all, but at the moment things look very open to me.

Alika is nice enough, but far from a certain winner. I'm getting Jaagup Tuisk vibes here.. might be too theatrical and overblown for our televoters. :unsure: Especially with several more 'easy' ballads to compete with! I could see our televoters going for Sissi or Andreas or Janek over Alika. She's an excellent live singer tho', so if she can wow people on stage (and her competitors don't), she could still take it. But I'm unsure our voters will vibe with this enough.

Elysa is also decent, but lacking a little something. Could benefit from lack of strong uptempo pop & snatch the win, especially if it gets to the superfinal with two ballads. :unsure: But doesn't quite have the catchy hook Stig's strongest songs have had. Elysa also isn't the strongest live singer.

Honestly, I'd send one of the two rock songs. :LOL: 30 years and we've never sent one of those! Both Bedwetters and Ollie would make for pretty good entries.. if they can pull it off live that is. They might split the vote & cancel each-other out tho'. Also it remains to be seen if our televoters like rock that much. :unsure: Never had any get too close to winning.. then again, rock songs in EL are pretty rare to begin with. Well, this year would be a nice chance to send one since there aren't many obvious frontrunners or big standouts. :giggle: Try something different to our usual ballads & pop songs.

Anyways, overall quality this year is nice enough, tho' (as it often happens) lacking in something truly outstanding. Nice variety tho', got several ballads, some rock, bit of rap, jazz, indie.. at least it isn't 90% vanilla radio pop like some years have been. :) And the lack of obvious favorites might make for a pretty interesting show! Whether anything could make a dent in actual Eurovision.. probably too early to say. Nothing screams obvious top 10, but a couple could probably get us to the final at least. :unsure: Got several jury bait options, but need to actually pass the semis first. :LOL:

Top Bottom