2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

hijirio

Veteran
Ehmm I really liked Statements especially with the Harry Potter halloweenesque performance but if she wants to win MF and go to Eurovision for real, she has to compete with a radio friendly commercial song on par with Euphoria and not some deep artsy didactic entry that Statements was. In any case, I’m excited to hear what she will deliver.

Mainshow

Veteran
OMG WWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF LOREEN IS BACK?!?!?!

All of her Melodifestivalen entries were absolutely amazing!
The original version of "My Heart Is Refusing Me" is a gay-dancefloor-pop masterpiece.
"Euphoria" is such a monster hit, for sure.. and "Statements" was incredible - I loved its dark atmosphere, the 80´s-inspired "guitar" and the whole message behind the song... but I agree with you @hijirio She shouldn´t be going "too artsy-fartsy" (and finally ditch the vocoder and autotune! She doesn´t need it!). Can´t wait to hear her new entry....
Now, I´m really excited about Melodifestivalen

A-lister

Veteran
Loreen back? I guess it's her only hope now, her career is literary dead...

She needs to really bring it then if she wants to save it... I'm always open for new Loreen stuff, she is an amazing artist but with bad choices in her career.

FilipFromSweden

Loreen back? I guess it's her only hope now, her career is literary dead...

The lies. I hate this attitude that musicians must have Ariana Grande or Taylor Swift-like careers and release an album each year or else their career is dead, or be internationally relevant all the time. She has focused on the Swedish music market a lot lately. Jag är en vampyr got 5.8 million streams, Du är min man got 3.3 million streams and this year she released two new songs, both who have over a million streams currently. In an extremely oversaturated and competitive music market, that ain't too bad.

A-lister

Veteran
The lies. I hate this attitude that musicians must have Ariana Grande or Taylor Swift-like careers and release an album each year or else their career is dead, or be internationally relevant all the time. She has focused on the Swedish music market a lot lately. Jag är en vampyr got 5.8 million streams, Du är min man got 3.3 million streams and this year she released two new songs, both who have over a million streams currently. In an extremely oversaturated and competitive music market, that ain't too bad.

No lies at all, what are you talking about even? No one said you need to have a big international career to be considered successful, and that's not even the aim of many artists, problem is she can't even keep up domestic popularity. Let's not pretend she'd be back to Melodifestivalen had she managed a successful career without it, it's basically a forum for newcomers, has-beens and/-or desperados who struggle without it.

I don't think having one of the less successful features two years ago on one of the most popular TV shows equals huge success, if she had managed to do a Miss Li or Miriam Bryant and build upon the momentum from that show with having success with her own original material afterwards, then sure, but that hasn't been the case. We talk about one of the most celebrated Eurovision winning songs period, and she's barely scrapping the million mark in streams wheres the other mentioned are streaming in the tens of millions (even with only focusing on the Swedish market).

Don't get me wrong, I actually like Loreen and think she's really talented and in theory she should be one of our biggest names, but the career is completely mishandled and apparently she's also hard to work with and has a bad rep in the industry which obviously didn't help either. I remember her from Idol back in the day, and girl always had some attitude problems it seems.

Rocket man

All of Loreen's performances at Melodifestivalen are so good, if she brings something that's a cross between "Euphoria" and "Statements", that would be incredible.

Last edited:

FilipFromSweden

No lies at all, what are you talking about even? No one said you need to have a big international career to be considered successful, and that's not even the aim of many artists, problem is she can't even keep up domestic popularity. Let's not pretend she'd be back to Melodifestivalen had she managed a successful career without it, it's basically a forum for newcomers, has-beens and/-or desperados who struggle without it.

I don't think having one of the less successful features two years ago on one of the most popular TV shows equals huge success, if she had managed to do a Miss Li or Miriam Bryant and build upon the momentum from that show with having success with her own original material afterwards, then sure, but that hasn't been the case. We talk about one of the most celebrated Eurovision winning songs period, and she's barely scrapping the million mark in streams wheres the other mentioned are streaming in the tens of millions (even with only focusing on the Swedish market).

Don't get me wrong, I actually like Loreen and think she's really talented and in theory she should be one of our biggest names, but the career is completely mishandled and apparently she's also hard to work with and has a bad rep in the industry which obviously didn't help either. I remember her from Idol back in the day, and girl always had some attitude problems it seems.
I think the fact that she solely works as an artist and hasn't resorted to advertising taco products for Santa Maria shows that she is doing well for herself. Also, it's a bit ironic that she creates headlines like no one other ESC-related Swede (besides Abba) when she is potentially going to be on Melfest (which shows a massive interest in her) and then you call her career dead. If you make headlines you're still very relevant, me thinks

A-lister

Veteran
I think the fact that she solely works as an artist and hasn't resorted to advertising taco products for Santa Maria shows that she is doing well for herself. Also, it's a bit ironic that she creates headlines like no one other ESC-related Swede (besides Abba) when she is potentially going to be on Melfest (which shows a massive interest in her) and then you call her career dead. If you make headlines you're still very relevant, me thinks

I don't know what advertisement you even refer to, but no she isn't doing particular well (considering everything).

Yes, in Eurovision and MF circles she's huge for obvious reasons, but has that translated outside of it? Not really.

With that said, still looking forward to see what she has in store for us, I have yet to be musically disappointed by her (I do think she mishandled her career, but that's a different discussion, I even enjoy her second flop album and I don't mind that she was trying something non-commercial). I love her vocals and really wish this will be a great comeback, maybe she learned from the Statements flop, which wasn't a bad song per se, but a bit pretentious in the context of MF and not as strong as her previous attempts.

Realest

She had a big Radio Hit here.

But not a Fan of her.

DanielLuis

What is happening with all of these composers suddenly deciding to compete themselves?

FilipFromSweden

What is happening with all of these composers suddenly deciding to compete themselves?
Economical perhaps. If they sing their own song they don't have to pay an artist. Just a guess

HarryUK

Wiktoria came on shuffle whilst I was on the tube and I've now decided she needs to win Melfest 2023 and I will not accept any other outcome

Forgot how much I love her

Mainshow

Veteran
SVT changed the format of the semifinals again:

The new format of the semi-final is as follow:

• As always, two acts from each heat will progress direct to the final and two will progress to the semi-final.
  • Eight acts will then compete in the semi-final for the final four spots.
  • For the first time, the semi-final will have all eight acts competing against each other with the votes being presented from each age category.
  • These scores will be presented live meaning that viewers know who is most popular going into the final.

Top Bottom