Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
My bet on the finalists:

Jerry Heil
Tvorchi
Kozak Siromaha
Skylerr
Lely45 ft. Musli UA ... yep, this is her name in English.
Tember Blanche
KRUTЬ
sexNesc ... I've got a weird feeling they would be in the final just because it's the only one rock song.
Fiinka ... for the lulz.

There can be up to 12 finalists, so: Tsyferblat, Mia Ramari, Royalkit.
I wouldn't mind to see Shy instead of sexNesc.

A-lister

Veteran
Obviously hard to say without knowing the entries, but Skylerr looks like the ethno-bop we want from Ukraine, maybe it would be nice to send something local but uplifting.

Also curious about Lely45, Tember Blanche and Jerry Heil could be good too (but perhaps a bit moody based on her current stuff, and while I don't mind moody it is maybe good to look forward).

Fierro

I'm happy they got rid of that Kozak Siromaha
He was cringe and Kalush vocalist already used him to boost scandal

...but what happened to Lilu45?

AlekS

Veteran

1. 2TONE - «Kvitka»
2. Angelina - «Stronger»
3. DEMCHUK - «Alive»
4. FIINKA - «Dovbush»
5. Jerry Heil - «WHEN GOD SHUT THE DOOR»
6. KRUTЬ - «Kolyskova»
7. Moisei - «I'm Not Alone»
8. OY Sound System - «Oy, tuzhu»
9. Tember Blanche - «Ya vdoma»
10. TVORCHI - «Heart Of Steel»

AlekS

Veteran
I'm happy they got rid of that Kozak Siromaha
He was cringe and Kalush vocalist already used him to boost scandal

...but what happened to Lilu45?
Kozak - thankfully, they don't want 4th consecutive ethno entry. And his live is not my thing.
Skylerr isn't convincing live.
Lilu - they don't want fun songs, wondering if collaborating with Musli UA was a good idea.

njdevils94

Veteran
Kozak - thankfully, they don't want 4th consecutive ethno entry. And his live is not my thing.
Skylerr isn't convincing live.
Lilu - they don't want fun songs, wondering if collaborating with Musli UA was a good idea.
FIINKA is in though so I wouldn't say they are completely against sending another ethno entry.

Mainshow

Veteran
Lilu45 :(

Obviously, I can´t judge the songs but leaving her out comes as a (negative) surprise.
TVORCHI might be quite "fresh, modern" but if I remember it correctly, their live performances aren´t anything to write home about.

nick_idk

Lilu out is weird but not too surprising given Shurov. He gives “music is not fireworks” vibes lol.
Happy Fiinka somehow made it lol, now we got that Galician Hutsul representation and not that Kozak siromaha BS

AlekS

Veteran
Lely45's song is called "Be Brave Like Ukraine". So they ditched a clear reference to war + Musli UA collab was probably cringe.

Skylerr's lyrics was super cringe. She gathered all the most banal prejudices about our nation.

FIINKA is in though so I wouldn't say they are completely against sending another ethno entry.
She's not a big contender. Kozak could actually win the televoting, he's already got Kalush Orchestra fanbase ;)

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
"Be Brave Like Ukraine" would have been a horrible song title.
I know that Ukraine is struggling and it deserves to be heard (and win the war) but I would prefer to not get such songs at Eurovision.

The best entry would be a well-executed, strong (either ethnic or modern) entry to showcase Ukraine´s talent and strength.

I just hope that the songs which made the line-up aren´t too cliché (I mean, song titles as "Stronger", "Alive" and "I´m Not Alone" can also lead to the assumption that they somehow refer to the war/Ukrainian struggles).

AlekS

Veteran
^ Moisei is a soldier tho, so maybe they didn't want too many war-themed entries.
It seems we will have the 1st instrumental (violin) song in Vidbir history :)

Jerry Heil will have a radio release of her song on December 4.
I'm very intrigued by her song title.

A-lister

Veteran
Not happy to see Skylerr and Lily45 left out, I'm afraid it will be Tvorchi with an English song... Not a fan at all of the idea (and generally of them).

AlekS

Veteran
Not happy to see Skylerr and Lily45 left out, I'm afraid it will be Tvorchi with an English song... Not a fan at all of the idea (and generally of them).
But Lely45's song was also in English :unsure: Skyler's vocals & cringey lyrics is a no go, especially калина-дівчина-Україна bs. We don't promote шароварщина.

Tvorchi improved their vocals, but they share people's sympathies with Tember Blanche. Jerry Heil can be the televoting winner, she has drastically improved since her previous Vidbir Vegan debacle. With alyona alyona writing a song for her, she's the main contender for the victory.
Jerry Heil or Tember Blanche :love:

Kam2

OY Sound System = Marko Halanevych(Dakhabrakha male soloist) side project if he got his girls to do back vocals Zamanyly 2.0 might be coming. And judging by the song name he did prepare something ethnic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom