15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

rasmuslights

Veteran
Good choice of hosts!

Now I just hope the entries will be good, which I fear they won't...

i think they'll be decent.

i mean they got a lot of submissions this time. and cornelia is quite respected in the songwriter community, I heard.

A-lister

Veteran
i think they'll be decent.

i mean they got a lot of submissions this time. and cornelia is quite respected in the songwriter community, I heard.

MF always gets alot of submissions, that's not the issue. The issue is structural (which I have been written about before on this forum).

It's simply the same people (= songwriters etc.) dominating the contest, the same "gang" choosing the entries, cronyism and nepotism. The view on the Swedish language is dreadful and not following the actual music trends in Sweden. It's simply a bubble. I always say it's quantity over quality as well.

Oh well, maybe we'll be happily surprised but I have little hope I'm afraid.

Sure the show will most probably be entertaining and well produced, but what does it matter when most of the songs are bad or mediocre at best xshrug

hijirio

Veteran
Melfest in recent years has been so xyawn vibes, I miss early 2010s so badly....

I don't think I added anything to my playlist from this NF in the past 2 years

Sammy

Veteran
I love Wiktoria and I‘m curious to see what Loulou will bring on as a solo artist since I only know her as a member of the Mamas. As for Nordman - they are passed beyond my radar so far…

HanVic123

Are they confirmed 100 % to be in or is just a strong rumor?
Last year they were able to reveal 22 artists and in 2021 they revealed 27. I think they only named one artist in 2021 & 2022 that didnt end up in the final list but cant be 100% certain of course.

Brandt

Wiktoria was at her peak at her first shot. Every time she got gradually more typical and forgettable. Hope this time shakes things up and we see Save Me Wiktoria again.

A-lister

Veteran
Wiktoria was at her peak at her first shot. Every time she got gradually more typical and forgettable. Hope this time shakes things up and we see Save Me Wiktoria again.

Actually, imo she's one of those acts that got better on her second try:

Save Me was also fine, but I think As I Lay Me Down took that sound to the next level... those damn international juries destroyed it for her though.

I hated her ballad though that she sent after that, and also girl needs to learn how to control her voice a bit, she has a good voice but she overdo it live.

A-lister

Veteran
Ouch, Wiktoria had some vocal cracks. But I absolutely adore AILMD, what a bop

It's a bop indeed, it was my favorite that edition and one of the few MF entries from the past 5-10 years I actually go back to.

The formula country-Pop mixed with a 90's influenced Eurodance-Pop vibe is for some reason such a Swedish sound (we're the country that gave the world Rednex and Avicii after all).

But yeah, she is a good singer, maybe it's the nerves or something, she just needs to learn to control her voice a bit, sometimes less is more.

I hope she'll be back with a signature bop again, as mentioned the ballad she sent on her third time was meh.

I wouldn't mind her going for Swedish, but SVT and the MF producers are openly discriminating against Swedish language entries, also I don't think she has released anything in Swedish so I don't see her doing that.

Preuss

Sad how AILMD could've been top 3 in Kiev because it was a rather poor year with no female bops

A-lister

Veteran
Sad how AILMD could've been top 3 in Kiev because it was a rather poor year with no female bops

This!

I actually find Robin's entry pretty good too, but I would have much preferred Wiktoria. She was second with the televoters that year (Robin was third), but those darn juries put her 8th so there was no way she could have won.

Preuss

This!

I actually find Robin's entry pretty good too, but I would have much preferred Wiktoria. She was second with the televoters that year (Robin was third), but those darn juries put her 8th so there was no way she could have won.

Yeah I liked Robin too. His melfest version was incredible but the Eurovision one was a let down - vocally AND visually

Not sure why the juries tanked her? Feel like that would be the kind of song they would like

FilipFromSweden

Actually, imo she's one of those acts that got better on her second try:

Save Me was also fine, but I think As I Lay Me Down took that sound to the next level... those damn international juries destroyed it for her though.

I hated her ballad though that she sent after that, and also girl needs to learn how to control her voice a bit, she has a good voice but she overdo it live.
Really? I always thought As I Lay Me Down sounded like something from 2002, or a slowed + reverb version of Jill Johnson's Crazy In Love

Top Bottom