8 3.6%

22 9.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

dixenborg

RTVE declines to eliminate the professional jury of the Benidorm Fest, but is open to introducing changes
I think they definitely should have more people in the jury or even a number of juries such as singers, composers, tv professionals, producers, international experts and so on.

ESC_FAN

I think they definitely should have more people in the jury or even a number of juries such as singers, composers, tv professionals, producers, international experts and so on.
Yes, it is to expand the members of the jury, since with that you can have juries of different types: choreographers, set designers, vocal coaches or simply producers and singers.

Fluke

I just realized Mikecrack could actually win the selection if he tried, and do pretty well in Eurovision. Having to sing live would probably be the greatest obstacle...

ESC_FAN

They say they are reviewing the bases and want to keep the co-official languages
Also, Eva Mora, the head of delegation has said that the artist has to be wrapped in a pack, so for the next edition, they will continue to take that into account

Last edited:

FRFanESC

They say they are reviewing the bases and want to keep the co-official languages
Also, Eva Mora, the head of delegation has said that the artist has to be wrapped in a pack, so for the next edition, they will continue to take that into account
What do you mean by "wrapped in a pack" ?

ESC_FAN

By the way, artists like Ana Guerra, ex-contestant of "Operación triunfo" and Edurne have offered themselves for the "Benidorm fest"

dixenborg

And the theme music available to stream/download from Spotify and Apple Music.

ESC_FAN

55B27C28-EEBE-B149-BA91EF869697A3ED.JPG

The person who will give the exclusive is María Eizaguirre, director of communication and participation of RTVE, who was accompanying Chanel in the Green Rom with Eva Mora

shameless

Yes, it is to expand the members of the jury, since with that you can have juries of different types: choreographers, set designers, vocal coaches or simply producers and singers.
Maybe but this jury made the most perfect decision for Spain this year ans they should thank them so better don't play on the concept too much :D
I'm very excited for what Benidorm has to offer, Spain after all have such an enthusiasm for ESC so they deserve to have their own San Remo/Melfest-hype where international fandom actually pays attention to who's participating because they will always have a chance. When I just think that Spain was just spared by Rigoberta this year but if not, I assume things would've looked much different now. Still undecided what it means for the future of Benidorm when the winner was not backed-up by locals even though everyone else knew it was the best option for the contest.

hpp0

Despite the good result that it got them, the system they use is still unfair. I don't think they should remove the jury but giving the televoting and demoscopic jury points based on the percentages of votes and not ranking is the least they can do. Or at least if they don't want to change the system at all, lower the cost per vote cause last year's was ridiculous.

Ausesken

Despite the good result that it got them, the system they use is still unfair. I don't think they should remove the jury but giving the televoting and demoscopic jury points based on the percentages of votes and not ranking is the least they can do. Or at least if they don't want to change the system at all, lower the cost per vote cause last year's was ridiculous.
I'm not sure giving the televote based on the percentages of votes is actually fair, as having one region voting massively for one song because it's in their regional language (and therefore not giving any chance to the other contestants because they will get 97% of the votes) doesn't seem very balanced to choose the people's winner.

ESC_FAN

In Spain the messages are worth like that, it is not the fault of RTVE

hpp0

I'm not sure giving the televote based on the percentages of votes is actually fair, as having one region voting massively for one song because it's in their regional language (and therefore not giving any chance to the other contestants because they will get 97% of the votes) doesn't seem very balanced to choose the people's winner.

Well that happened once though, it doesn't mean that it will be happening every year. Also, alright let's not have televoting's points based on the percentage, but then shouldn't the jury also be one ranking too and not each member's points counting separately? It seems really unbalanced that way, especially since the demoscopic jury's votes that were very balanced were also given based on the ranking and not percentage.

In Spain the messages are worth like that, it is not the fault of RTVE

I know that messages are pretty expensive in Spain but when you give so little power to the people then maybe you should lower the cost a bit, cause otherwise it feels like the channel is robbing people off their money.

Top Bottom