Dañsal a ran gant an diaoul ha para ?

Entan ha taras, entan jabadao ha taras
Trid' a ra ar c’hoad ouzh stok' ar fulenn a-bilpaz
He hud dudius a bign betek penn ar qwez bras

Oc'h ober fae deus ar fall loened e tañsan
Me bak an tan en o lagad leun a droukc’hoant
Ha da dreiñ 'n'añ en ur c'han da gan' a-unvan

Dispont 'kreiz an digoadell e tans ar fulenn
Trein ha distreiñ en-dro de'i eneoù dichedenn (bis)

Lalalalalalaleno lalelalo

Dañsal a ran gant an diaoul ha para ?
Ga' 'n diaoul e tañsan
Dañsal a ra gant an diaoul ha para ?

Dispont 'kreiz an digoadenn e tañs ar fulenn

Last edited by a moderator:

popavapeur

The way I remember them saying that the participation fees or sumn were worth a prime-time show here in France... xheat
I mean... you know that I know that we know that they can have money if they want to. It's surely not that easy but with all of France Televisions ratings (France 3 is doing great) they have some money left here or there. What was that lie.

harey

It was still the most watched program of the night.
All channels had see their audience drop, mostly because we had a sunny weather and peoples prefer to be outside.
The fact there was nearly no promotion and hype for the song didn't help.
I was thinking the same + la nuit des musées (don't know if it is always on the same night). But if I remember correctly, C'est vous qui décidez also dropped a lot.

FRFanESC

istg they could pull off a Melodifestivalen-alike NF if they wanted to
Remember when EF was supposed to take place in a big Arena, lmao. EF needs some big revamps, starting with a new name. They should make a NF but take away the name "Eurovision" because people just don't like it and rather literally make a Melfest like. With 10 songs, less place for the juries (and even no juries at all in the Arena) and make, I say it again, something à la Melfest. But the televote in EF was good, though, because it allows to not have a winner like Bilal Hassani who wins only with the public and a low jury score.

harey

But the viewing figures are bad... So why would they put more money on something that is not successful?

ESC_FAN

I'd love for us to keep sending daring entries but I fear this gonna become an argument "yeah we tried one time that was enough can we send Barbibi Provouvou now with the song "Voici" " nooooooo we're doomed.

I wonder if the melodifestivalen-like is still in the making or not though. They really wanted at some point a bigger show with semi finals each held in a different city, with the big final in Paris. I thought that was a pretty cool idea that may not work in viewing figures at first but then can be a strong format in the coming years. Maybe that's too expensive but come on, it's not like France Television is a poor broadcaster.
If RTVE has succeeded in doing, France Television can also do it

FRFanESC

I'd love for us to keep sending daring entries but I fear this gonna become an argument "yeah we tried one time that was enough can we send Barbibi Provouvou now with the song "Voici" " nooooooo we're doomed.

I wonder if the melodifestivalen-like is still in the making or not though. They really wanted at some point a bigger show with semi finals each held in a different city, with the big final in Paris. I thought that was a pretty cool idea that may not work in viewing figures at first but then can be a strong format in the coming years. Maybe that's too expensive but come on, it's not like France Television is a poor broadcaster.
Lmao. Though, the initial thought was about a single show held out of Paris, they never talked about semi-finals.

Last edited:

FRFanESC

But the viewing figures are bad... So why would they put more money on something that is not successful?
If you think like that you don't do anything. So either you try something more daring to make something better, or you just go internal. But from what she said, Alex seems to be convinced that EF is good as it is, so I think EF2023 will remain as 2022 was, with no huge change.

harey

If you think like that you don't do anything. So either you try something more daring to make something better, or you just go internal. But from what she said, Alex seems to be convinced that EF is good as it is, so I think EF2023 will remain as 2022 was, with no huge change.
Well I wish they do something better but I was just saying was seems to be the most expected position from them.

Realest

FTdRMi7X0AMs5A_

Zerocalcare

Here is the Italian translation of "Fulenn" :geek::

Andiamo!

Nel buio dei boschi germoglia la notte
Le stelle appaiono nel fruscio inquieto
Un'ombra femminile volteggia alla luce di una torcia

Ignorando le bestie feroci ballo
Rubo il fuoco dal loro sguardo pieno di lussuria
E lo trasformo in una canzone da cantare all'unisono
Lei balla con il diavolo, e allora?

Ballo con il diavolo, e allora?

Caldo e fango, caldo, festa e fango
La foresta vibra della scintilla danzante
La sua incantevole magia sale fino agli alberi ad alto fusto

Ignorando le bestie feroci ballo
Rubo il fuoco dal loro sguardo pieno di lussuria
E lo trasformo in una canzone da cantare all'unisono

Senza paura in mezzo alla radura della foresta, la scintilla sta danzando
Anime furiose volteggiano e volteggiano intorno a lei
Anime furiose volteggiano e volteggiano intorno a lei

Lalalalalaleno lalelalalo

Ballo con il diavolo, e allora?
Con il diavolo ballo
Lei balla con il diavolo, e allora?

I am really angry. The lyrics is well written: it is a pleasure to read it because it is very evocative and captivating. We are dealing with a fantasy tale that is permeated with a blasphemous and heretical atmosphere. I don't think the penultimate place was caused by the use of the Breton language but by the inability of Alvan & Ahez to exploit the capabilities of their product. It's like having a Ferrari in your hands but not having a driving license. A little more courage was needed in the staging and advertising management of "Fulenn". This song was supposed to upset the European public by creating a morbid atmosphere but in reality we saw a song generally Dance in the Breton language where the public did not understand anything. Aside from the fact that there were more energetic and well produced songs (Spain, Norway and Ukraine) that hit the French entry hard, I feel like the handling of "Fulenn" was similar to "Halo". I repeat, wasted potential.

Last edited:

popavapeur

Lmao. Though, the initial thought was about a single show held out of Paris, they neevr talked about semi-finals.
Not trying to be this girl but imma be it, I know stuff I shouldn't talk about on the internet but I DID ANYWAY cause nobody will know it's me and as it didn't happen, it doesn't matter at the end. But everything was kinda pre covid and yada yada

FRFanESC

Not trying to be this girl but imma be it, I know stuff I shouldn't talk about on the internet but I DID ANYWAY cause nobody will know it's me and as it didn't happen, it doesn't matter at the end. But everything was kinda pre covid and yada yada
I wanted to send you a private message but it tells me that your box is full. Guess I'll have to wait to get answers, lmao.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
You may already know it, but Alvan will be competing at this year's Kënga Magjike in November, with support from Ronela Hajati. The song is called "Calzone" (wtf) and that makes me think : he needs to get back in ESC, maybe even like a composer, because it's really good and i would be really pleased to see this kind of song representing France.

Top Bottom