2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Fluke

Couple of artists i'd like to see return:

YOHIO - Clearly he wants to do it, he's been putting out quality stuff regularly that got no attention from Swedish media at all, and he's one artist frequently mentioned by "normie" MF-watchers as someone they'd like to see return, so why isn't he invited? Some beef with Björkman, who's gone now?

Dirty Loops - They're still active and doing original songs, they did one of the most praised interval acts ever, so why don't they get to compete? Some kinda beef there too?

Theoz with an even better song with wider appeal, but keep it in Swedish please!

Tone Sekelius, not a big favorite of mine but there is potential and her song is quite popular on the radio, same with Faith Kakembo who always brings quality songs, just need the right one of course.

Felix Sandman - not big on either of his entries, but i'm curious what he'd bring if he was to return.

Other possible names - Nathalie Brydolf, Suzi P?

Some actual traditional Swedish music, with someone like Ulrika Boden for example, no idea why they never try that.

Some new Sami artist - i know there aren't that many in Sweden as most of them are actually from Norway, but there are a few to choose from and if SVT wanted to do it they could. Katarina Barruk maybe?

Some real rock / metal - Outtrigger i think was a good example of what could work in the contest, are any new bands up to the task?

Some real over-the-top novelty / joke entry with a huge staging like Rolandz or Edvard Blom (with an actual singer though).

Some really avant-garde pop like Lisen Rylander-Löve, for some reason they never dare to have anything like this in MF, are they too afraid it would win?

CPV4931

My fever dream is for Alcazar to reunite with an even better bop than Stay The Night & Blame It On The Disco combined to give us what we DESERVE. Alcazar were robbed in 2009 and 2014

Would be too amazing to come true

b4ld3r

My main wish for next year is that I really want a Swedish language song to win. I just think it's about time, and seeing the Netherlands doing well with an entry in their language (performed by a commercially relevant artist as well) made me pretty jealous haha. Contestant-wise I'd like to be surprised, so I can't say I have any too big and specific wishlist. As long as bring a decent song I really don't care. Ideally I would like to not see too many of the "usual suspects" though, i.e. the ones that obviously have no career outside the contest, but I guess it can't really be helped.

Still, if we're talking about specific veterans that I'd still like to see return, then folk rock band Garmarna (took part in 1998) would be nice. Since their last participation they've taken on an electro sound, from which obvious comparisons can be drawn to Shum/Fulenn. Not sure they'd ever be interested again though, they are too far from the mainstream I think.

I also think it'd be great fun if Elize Ryd finally took the full step and brought with her Amaranthe this time. Their style of music would fit the contest seamlessly and I think they could get a mainstream hit from it.

Ingrosso doing Mello again is not happening, but it would be nice to see him be involved as a songwriter again like with Bishara. Maybe if he wrote a song in Swedish for another artist like the ones from En gång i tiden, his name recognition would be enough to make it a contender for victory?

And since a rap song finally has won ESC, it'd be fun to finally see some proper, non-joke representation of the genre as well! This is very much a pipe dream, but Daniel Adams-Ray is very far from the star he once was (about the same ball park as Danny I'd say) and I think he very much could win if he for whatever reason decided to compete as he without any doubt would come up with a visually interesting number. (This is mainly triggered by someone telling me they thought this newer song of his sounded like it belonged in Melodifestivalen lol).

reginanoctis

I agree with should try and send something in Swedish. Darin returning with a Swedish song would be nice.

Hook2Hook

LÉON, love her deep magnetic voice and from low notes to head voice transition, one of my current favourite Swedish female vocalist.

EscGeek

Veteran
You don't have the balls to send them but can i at least have a Melfest entry from AronChupa & Little Sis Nora? xheatxyaaay

goncalovieira

Time to open MF to alternative singers.
Lykke Li, for example. It is time.

Ezio

Veteran
Jon Hendrik Fjälgren would smash the televote

KoibitoESC

The popular sweden. Have many of songs liked by fans but not me.

I hope sweden winner will have a song in sweden language next year.

Top Bottom