Contact us

The professional Jury Thread 2022

Realest

Surprised that noone opened it until yet.

Lets discuss all Highlights/Trivia/Fun Facts/ Scandals about this Years Juryvoting.

lilka

Oh, did we have a professional jury this year? I didn't notice that fact. :rolleyes:

Realest

I start with the obvious:

The Juries from :ge::me::sm::ro::pl::az: were disqualified after manipulation suspects.

:az: qualified with 0 Televotes (Anja Nissen who?)

:md: wasnt even a Juryqualifier

heke1988

:ro: wasn't also a juryqualifer.

In my opinion juries value of points should be lower: At least to 25% or to 30%. Eurovision is entertainment and made for the public, so public should be more value to decide Eurovision winner, as couple of jury members.

Skrzeczk

Albania was 1st in Greek jury and bottom 4 in the rest (9/18 juries had Albania last). Greek jury gave also 10 points to Bulgaria (Bulgaria has 11 points from jury) and helped Albania and Bulgaria to avoid bottom 2 in jury score.

mitch67

well since jury votes and tlevotes are showing such a big difference these days (top 10 jury sound getting 0 or 2 points by televote.. one might ask, if the jury system itself should be set anew.. especially after 6 countries juries were disqualified and they pretended satellite problems..

Juroes can be bribed..

Bobjan FR

Hum, it seems a lot of you doesn't like the presence of juries in the contest.... In the facts, i don't some of the changes they add in the results this year, but at the same time i like other things from them. Anyway, i don't want to get rid of the juries, as said DomeAloud their absence may bring back in the 2000's, which is not something i woulld like :3

Anyway, i'm not here to talk about this, but about something i did some times ago

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a graph presenting the French jury vote in the final OF 2021

kgwo.png

Each graph curve is one of the 5 jurors of France. It shows the rank each jury gave to the songs by the places they finished in their own top.

For example, The song that finished 25th in the French Jury vote have been placed 24h, 22th, 17th, 16th and 13th.

As we can see, each juror has his own tastes and they disagree about a lot of the songs

Now, this is the same thing, but with the jurors of Georgia Of 2021

wbwc.png

The global graph is tighter. It seems the Georgian jury is way more agreeing on their rankings. A bit too much, like if they were only one person...

Ok, when i did it, i didn't choose Georgia randomly, but because i remembered their jury have been disqualified in 2014, the same way they have been this year.

I haven't made the graph for other countries and for this year, but looking fast at some jury rankings, it seems a lot of countries may got a graph like that the one of georgia 2021. And i guess that the irregularities UER found were something like this.

hefdaar

This disqualification thing was strange. I mean I think it’s a good idea, but it was done so clumsily. Countries like Montenegro, Azerbaijan, San Marino have had “irregular voting patterns“ for years, but EBU seemed to ignore it. Not to mention how blatantly “irregular“ Bulgarian and Polish jury was in 2021. Why EBU didn’t act on it back then? Maybe they should’ve denounced such voting, so that it wouldn’t happen again? Maybe they should’ve checked those professionals more closely, so that only people who have grasped the principles of jury voting on ESC would’ve been selected to be juries.
Maybe it’s juries’ fault, but I still think it was so mean not to broadcast spokespersons. As if EBU couldn’t contact delegations and correct a country which should get 12 points. It seems like they have disqualified these juries in lasts hours before the voting, it’s so unorganised.

Realest

lilka

Top Bottom