Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran

ESC94

I did a terrible mistake and read some comments on Wiwibloggs under the article about the non working sun. Basically saying that Italy is the worst host ever and the jurys should prevent them from ever winning again an so on.

Their whole community is a bunch of hysterical drama queens. :rolleyes:

Zeus

Montenegro looks more watery than Poland, lol.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I did a terrible mistake and read some comments on Wiwibloggs under the article about the non working sun. Basically saying that Italy is the worst host ever and the jurys should prevent them from ever winning again an so on.

Where is the lie though :lol: we know how their hosting in 1991 was tragic and honestly this one hasn't been any better so far

There isn't a single country that comes to mind with this kind of history

ESC94

Where is the lie though :lol: we know how their hosting in 1991 was tragic and honestly this one hasn't been any better so far

Well, for me being a great host is more than the background graphics, other things like the presenters or the inteval acts are more important for me.

But each to their own of course. xshrug

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Well, for me being a great host is more than the background graphics, other things like the presenters or the inteval acts are more important for me.

Yes its not like a background issue negatively affecting at least half of the artists is a serious issue anyway :)

And that's not even considering the rumours about Albania and Poland true

ESC94

Yes its not like a background issue negatively affecting at least half of the artists is a serious issue anyway :)

And that's not even considering the rumours about Albania and Poland true

You don´t have to ridicule what I wrote, you have a different view on that and that´s ok, but please respect what I wrote as well.

JonasS

I think the whole situation is very embarrassing for being one of the world's biggest music events. Standards should be top-notch - this was completely preventable and should have been planned out thoroughly. It would be "whatever" if this was some local festival or something. It isn't though. I don't get why people defend this. All that blown out money...

ESC94

I think the whole situation is very embarrassing for being one of the world's biggest music events. Standards should be top-notch - this was completely preventable and should have been planned out thoroughly. It would be "whatever" if this was some local festival or something. It isn't though. I don't get why people defend this. All that blown out money...

I´m not defending it, it´s really sad it doesn´t work like it was planned.

I just wanted to say that I still look forward to the Contest and I think Italians can still be good hosts despite technical issues.

Ajeje Brazorf

I think a lot of Italians don't want to win again too, after this problem. I am one of those Italians. Once in a lifetime is more than enough.

ItsJaden

watching todays clips, big difference from yesterday with all the amazing props and staging. The first 5 all seemed to rely on the led projections. I can see Montenegro's staging with the waterfalls and the beautiful screens (from what i can see from the sides, would have made a very impactful image)

estonia looks completely lost on stage. I like Poland, although i would have styled him differently. Will do great tho

Mainshow

Veteran
It's not about "background graphics". More than half of the performances can't be executed the way delegations and artists have planned.

Some things don't even make sense anymore. You can't read the lyrics for Romaia and Portugal. Viewers will not understand Poland's performance because they can't see the forest. Same applies to the orange sun in Malta, the vegetables and fruits in Latvia,.the Western scenes and landscape in Estonia, the matching patterns and colours in Ireland, the IT theme for Finland (the black balloons in front of a black background look effing useless).

I personally don't really care about hosts because apart from the voting sequence and explaining how to vote..they are quite useless.
I'm watching a music TV show and I want to see 25 performances...not horribly scripted one liners which have been written by some Swedes thinking that they are funny and a few questions in the green room like "How are you feeling!?".

The dead sun doesn't look that bad. It's just totally useless,.out of place and a huge disadvantage for several countries which wanted to tell a story or set a mood via LEDs.

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Except... people are being majorly over dramatic?. Its wild how the eurofans are all such massive experts on engineering stages, and putting on big shows - future broadcasters needn't bother hiring an external company. I'm sure the Eurofans can throw it all together for them. Most years have had problems somewhere, i concede this is a very big failure but there is more to hosting than the stage.

Top Bottom