Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

ChiversLookDivine

The esc version of Divine has a sentence in French :

(At 2:07.)

Divine gets mentioned, my time to shine!

"Toi et moi c'est comme tu sais
Pour moi l'amour chante en français"

He was selected internally by the French broadcaster with an album track, but Members of Parliament criticised the lack of any French in the song. Sebastian said he'd have written it all in French if he was told to specifically write for Eurovision, he pointed out that most of Eurovision sing in English too. French lines were added in the edit.

MooseShoes

2011:

"C'est ma vie, je dis oui. "
Yeah, I remembered reading once that :lt: had saved the French language in 2011. I don't know why, but I thought that there were more lines in French. I obviously wasn't paying attention.

Anyway, nothing this year. Not even a "Je me casse."

harey

Indeed, it feels very strange, especially after last year with even Switzerland singing in French and the good result of both France and Switzerland. (But we get Breton and it makes me so happy, I'm pretty certain that you can find old posts of mine saying that I want a song in a regional language.)

Divine is one of my favourite French esc entries, I like Sébastien Tellier a lot! But I remember that I was disappointed at that time by the performance and I believe that people complaining about the English and the bad result it got have prevented the French delegation to choose songs entirely in English after that.

Ringdalen

Good luck to everyone trying to get tickets. I hope you end up after me in line, while also getting the tickets you want. :cool:

FilipFromSweden

I got tickets to the finale... this is one of the best days of my life

To everyone who didn’t get one, I really feel for you. I tried getting tickets for Malmö 2013 and Stockholm 2016 without success. It’s time for a life dream to come true!!! :se: :it: xheart

nudiecrudi

At 10.02 no tickets anymore.
I was connected since 9.45 refreshing, but at 10 I was put into the waiting room, after that at 10.02 tickets finished

Chiarina

I got tickets for the finale jury show, so happy!! xyaaay I got lucky that my cousin was able to get in before me because when I got in there weren't any ticket left apart from the €250 semi-final or the family shows

FilipFromSweden

I got tickets for the finale jury show, so happy!! xyaaay I got lucky that my cousin was able to get in before me because when I got in there weren't any ticket left apart from the €250 semi-final or the family shows
I tried getting tickets to semi 2 at 10:07 and they were gone

Zerocalcare

Maybe this has been mentioned already but 2022 will have no songs in French 😲
It is actually an urban legend that has been around since this year. The Eurovision Song Contest 2008 was the edition where there was no use of the French language (not even partial or the use of regional languages).

hzalfa

I managed to get tickets for both the final jury show and the live second semifinal. Getting the latter was rough, every time I selected an option and try to buy it would always that the tickets were unavailable, I had to try maybe 15 times or more.

ChiversLookDivine

It is actually an urban legend that has been around since this year. The Eurovision Song Contest 2008 was the edition where there was no use of the French language (not even partial or the use of regional languages).

We literally just discussed on the previous page how Divine, the 2008 French entry, did indeed have two lines of French in the bridge.

Miloutchi

I got tickets for the 2nd semifinal (around 10:20-10:30), but that site was such a mess.

cripesdude

Total fiasco… no idea how some people got tickets to more than one show (without fan club packages)!

Bad queuing system, ticket availability not accurate, site crashing and freezing, stalling at security verification and payment… awful.

And when are they going to start selecting MUCH bigger venues? The demand is too high! I haven’t gotten live show tickets since 2011!

Anyway… Semi Final 2 family show for me… better than nothing…

Zerocalcare

We literally just discussed on the previous page how Divine, the 2008 French entry, did indeed have two lines of French in the bridge.
Okay, let's follow this reasoning. Here is part of the text of "Fade To Black" from Azerbaijan:

"Stay
The story barely started Can't you stay?
Do you really want no part of this?
Oh, so sweet reverie "

The word "Reverie" is a word ... French! 😏 You can tell me "Reverie is also present in the English language and in the vocabulary" but ... apart from that both French and English have the same meaning, during the Norman domination in England they spoke ... French! Therefore in the English language French words are not rare 🤓 Therefore at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 French is still present! 😈😄

I only checked a few songs. If I had deepened perhaps some other French word is present.

The French language, however, can be considered represented if there is both a regional language and a piece that mixes two languages in a balanced way. Both of our examples are forcing. On the presentation page of the songs of the Eurovision Song Contest 2008 "Divine" is cataloged in English because English is predominant. If it weren't so ... Would ABBA's "Mamma Mia" also have been sung in Italian? 😄

Ringdalen

Hey, while in the hurry to get my tickets did I buy 2 to 1 of the events. Is there a way to sell them to someone who could need them through the website for the same price?

Edit: Found it xyaay

Last edited:

ChiversLookDivine

Okay, let's follow this reasoning. Here is part of the text of "Fade To Black" from Azerbaijan:

"Stay
The story barely started Can't you stay?
Do you really want no part of this?
Oh, so sweet reverie "

The word "Reverie" is a word ... French! 😏 You can tell me "Reverie is also present in the English language and in the vocabulary" but ... apart from that both French and English have the same meaning, during the Norman domination in England they spoke ... French! Therefore in the English language French words are not rare 🤓 Therefore at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 French is still present! 😈😄

I only checked a few songs. If I had deepened perhaps some other French word is present.

The French language, however, can be considered represented if there is both a regional language and a piece that mixes two languages in a balanced way. Both of our examples are forcing. On the presentation page of the songs of the Eurovision Song Contest 2008 "Divine" is cataloged in English because English is predominant. If it weren't so ... Would ABBA's "Mamma Mia" also have been sung in Italian? 😄

Divine having two whole lines of French is not the same as your example.

"Toi et moi c'est comme tu sais
Pour moi l'amour chante en français"

is not the same as the English word reverie (that, yes, does have its origin from the French word reverie, which also means daydream) or Mamma Mia which is an Italian phrase but has been used in English-speaking literature as far back as the 1800's.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Divine is in my top 5 of all time Eurovision songs let me assure you that the performance of it at Eurovision absolutely does have french in it

SarahM

I managed to get tickets to the Semi Final 2 Jury Show!!xheyaIt made no sense though... I was logged into multiple devices and the old and slow computer that I logged into last got me in!

Does anyone have a seating plan they can post here? I haven't come across one yet, I though it would have appeared while purchasing tickets. To be honest, this process hasn't come across as very organised. Although this is my first year trying to get tickets.

Top Bottom