Lock me sideways
Lock me up (Up), lock me down (Down)
Lock me in (In), lock me out (Out)
Lock me sideways
(Circus Mircus)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
This is an ABSOLUTE J A M.

Three Two and a half minutes of absolute joy. I'll tell you something my dears, that outrageously long pre-chorus is the work of Lord Satan himself. I have never heard something so outrageously catchy. Then the psychedelic chorus that follows. Oh my. Georgia, adopt me. Lock Me In is stupidly moreish. Listening to it once is just not possible. It didn't hit me until now but the entry gives off pretty massive Todd Rundgren vibes. Gold star and my eternal loving adoration to any of you that know who he is. The 70s psych rock vibes be strong and delicious here, yum (and of course 90s brit pop too).

I'm positively shocked by the fan reaction as well. I honestly thought this was going to be just me, EscGeek, Mauve and Sean, plus a couple others here by accident grooving our little tushes like there's no tomorrow whilst everyone else looked on in disdain, but eighteen 12s at this moment! Over 50% of the votes so far being 7+ points? Yaaaaaay! I'm getting warm fuzzy feelings similar to when the fandom celebrated Serhat's iconic Say Na Na Na moment.

:12: trippy points! I'm absolutely obsessed. You've done it again Young Georgian Lolitaz Circus Mircus. All hail our favourite circus college dropouts 🙌 I love this country too much.

mauve

Veteran
This is an ABSOLUTE J A M.

Three Two and a half minutes of absolute joy. I'll tell you something my dears, that outrageously long pre-chorus is the work of Lord Satan himself. I have never heard something so outrageously catchy. Then the psychedelic chorus that follows. Oh my. Georgia, adopt me. Lock Me In is stupidly moreish. Listening to it once is just not possible. It didn't hit me until now but the entry gives off pretty massive Todd Rundgren vibes. Gold star and my eternal loving adoration to any of you that know who he is. The 70s psych rock vibes be strong and delicious here, yum (and of course 90s brit pop too).

I'm positively shocked by the fan reaction as well. I honestly thought this was going to be just me, EscGeek, Mauve and Sean, plus a couple others here by accident grooving our little tushes like there's no tomorrow whilst everyone else looked on in disdain, but eighteen 12s at this moment! Over 50% of the votes so far being 7+ points? Yaaaaaay! I'm getting warm fuzzy feelings similar to when the fandom celebrated Serhat's iconic Say Na Na Na moment.

:12: trippy points! I'm absolutely obsessed. You've done it again Young Georgian Lolitaz Circus Mircus. All hail our favourite circus college dropouts 🙌 I love this country too much.
Me when listening to this:

zA0.gif

Sabrewulf238

I really like this song, I'm not entirely sure why....I just do. :p I gave it :8: points.

I'm fully prepared to see it flop in the semi though.

Hamsterwheel

I wish they had used the full 3 minutes, an extra chorus or some extra "circus mircus" phrases would have been the cherry on the cake.

Chorizo

A rather short 80s retro song. Is the 2:35 version the full song? I like the video with the statement "Due to the war in Ukraine, we feel that it is not the right time to release our happy and colorful music video." and the support they voice for Ukraine.
I do like 80s music and I think this is an enjoyable song. 8 points.

Edit: Or is it the late 70s instead of the early 80s? :unsure:

SarahM

Love this!.. so trippy! The song is very short though so I gave it a 10 instead of a 12. I can imagine myself at a Eurovision party voting for this after a few G&Ts :giggle:

Iker

Veteran
It saddens to me to see it being ranked last or close to it by almost every youtuber. :(

simori95

I mean personal rankings done by youtubers.
Yeah I guess you mean ranked at the bottom and you forgot the „at the bottom“ part?

Sammy

Veteran
How is not having a video helping the ukrainian people? I mean, for the sake of keeping the actual members of Circus Mircus anonymous (something the band cautiously did from the beginning on) it makes sense, but otherwise…:unsure:

mauve

Veteran
How is not having a video helping the ukrainian people? I mean, for the sake of keeping the actual members of Circus Mircus anonymous (something the band cautiously did from the beginning on) it makes sense, but otherwise…:unsure:
Maybe they had scenes in the video that would remind people of war or other atrocities? That was the only explanation I came up with.

Top Bottom