Boys do cry
And how they cry

Mountains they crumble
And rivers, they run dry
And oh-oh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
Boys do cry

Mainshow

Veteran
No clue - we all know what´s going to be the Swiss entry - Tananai fans will be disappointed :D

Mainshow

Veteran
Some fans are demanding Sara Deop :D I don´t think that the Swiss delegation ditched their whole procedure to get a song which didn´t even end up being high in the Spanish preselection :D

Mainshow

Veteran
I love this - not gonna lie - I will place this directly following Engelbert´s 2012 :uk: entry in my all-time Eurovision playlist when the compilation got released.

It´s a quality entry in my book and honestly, it will qualify. Don´t underestimate it.

Get my :10: pts, :ch:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Well that provided absolutely nothing to me at all except misery.

Loindici

Veteran
It's a sweet song with a message, I just don't know how it'll be competitive enough for the televotes. The juries will eat this up for sure. I don't think I'll listen to it again, though.

P.S. Imagine this staged a la Ieva or Michael Schulte.

Mainshow

Veteran
It could have been quite a moment on stage IF :ch: comes up with a great staging (and we´ve seen that they are able to do so) - but unfortunately, they have to perform in the first half - I can´t see the public voting for it - it will definitely be tanked by the televoting.

Hopefully, the juries can save it - but they didn´t have enough power to make "My Turn" happen and they criminally robbed "Blackbird" so dunno, quality entries aren´t really valued by the juries either.

simori95

This has potential with the right staging, it’s really not bad and it actually has substance. It could create a moment and place high … or crash and burn. I have both Tears getting sober as well as Carousel vibes. Unfortunately I am leaning towards Carousel right now.

midnightsun

Veteran
I would expect this song from the UK, not Switzerland.

Reminds me of Salvador Sobral. Someone tried to bring quality with an important message, some hand gestures and 60s jazz. I didn’t like Amar pelos dois and I don’t like Boys do cry, BUT I really don’t want to rule out that this is gonna do very well in May. I see some potential here.

elanyvx

all this caos between international and internal juries to choose this song? Very disappointed with Switzerland this year, the song has no particularity that stands out. It sounds like one of those songs in the background in the piano bar. Gjon's Tears was on another planet, this year it looks totally out of the top 10.

MAD20

It's a cute song and for sure my cup of tea, but a step down if we compare it to their entries between 2018-2021... Will give it 7 points when poll is up.

Mainshow

Veteran
Christmas song 🥳
I thought the same! - just add a few bells throughout the song and I might include it on my Christmas playlist.

It´s quite magical and atmospheric.
It´s clearly not a song which I will be frequently listening to but it´s a quality entry you can go back to if you´re really into a certain mood, imo.

Top Bottom