5 2.3%

6 2.7%

21 9.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Onas eroproc ni somrefne snem

Koja li je tajna zdrave kose Megan Markl?
Koja li je tajna?
Koja li je tajna zdrave kose Megan Markl?
Koja li je tajna? (Koja li je tajna?)
Mislim da u pitanju je duboka hidratacija
Kažu da na koži i kosi se jasno vidi sve
Recimo, tamni kolutovi oko očiju ukazuju na probleme s jetrom
Frke oko usana možda uvećanu slezinu
Uvećana slezina nije dobra, nije lepa
A umetnica mora biti zdrava

Biti zdrava, biti zdrava
Biti zdrava, bi-bi-bi-biti zdrava
Biti zdrava, biti zdrava
Biti zdrava, mora, mora, mora

Velika je sreća što postoji
Autonomni nervni sistem
Ne moram kontrolisati otkucaje srca
Srce kuca, srce samo kuca
Lepi dani, jarke boje, suknje moje na mom telu
Suknje moje, pas i ja
Šetamo nas dvoje, brojimo korake,
suknja ide oko noge moje,
mi šetamo i to je sve
I ne mora bolje, srce samo kuca
Dajem poverenje, neka samo kuca
Dajem poverenje, neka kuca, neka dišem
Bože zdravlja, Bože zdravlja, Bože zdravlja
(Bože zdravlja)

Nemam knjižicu
O kako da me prate (U ime zdravlja)
Da o meni brinu (U ime zdravlja)
Umetnica je nevidljiva (U ime zdravlja)
Ne vidiš me, to je magija (U ime zdravlja)
Umetnica može biti zdrava

Biti zdrava, biti zdrava
Biti zdrava, bi-bi-bi-biti zdrava
Biti zdrava, biti zdrava
Biti zdrava, može, može, može

In corpore sano, in corpore sano
Corpus je sano i šta ćemo sad
Mens infirma in corpore sano
Animus tristis in corpore sano
Mens desperata in corpore sano
Mens conterrita in corpore sano
I šta ćemo sad​

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also this, briefest explanation:
The song is about current situation in Serbia where artists are without health insurance. Her friend from former band died due to the lack of health insurance. She's washing her hands so she can prevent any further health problems. Also she's mocking opsesivnes whit todays beauty standards, society and religious views on health issues.

Sabrewulf238

I don't really see the appeal to be honest. I feel like if it's going to grow on me, it's going to be a very slow burn.

It doesn't really feel like a competitive entry to me, a lot of people won't have the time to understand it or evaluate it when it appears in the semi final in May.

It seems like it won because of the specific message the song has, which is going to be largely lost on people in May. Better hope people like voting for people washing their hands.

Jonkonfui

From yt:

The song is about position of artists in Serbia. They don’t have health insurance because they usually aren’t registered workers as the top of Serbia don’t really take care about real artists. Like every other living beings artists have to be healthy (here physically) to live and work. So they rely on religion and pray for health because they can’t pay the expensive doctor treatments. It is sad because people here usually choose to do art as a hobby or something next to their “real” job. And here when you say you want to be an artist (without art academy diploma) people ask you and what else are you going to be doing, you know for bills, rent… She is singing also about how we are presented a lot of trends which we follow like buy hundreds of face creams, hair products… and washing our hands as one of the precautions that everyone can do even without money, and like almost the only thing. She thanks the nervous system for working on its own so we don’t need to worry about that atleast, when it is working. With this song I can say she became a protector of artist here in Serbia, showed potential of this country and took a move forward!
Weird message for an Esc song. It is too local and not easy to relate to... I thought it was about Covid and wash your hands 20 times... Anyway I kinda like it.

Sabrewulf238

I wonder if people thinking it's about Covid might also be a turn off. They probably will be tuning into Eurovision to forget about something like that.

I guess she'll have the hypochondriac vote in May though.

She said she'll try to incorporate subtitles in one way or another. Think of Italy 2018.

I see. That definitely feels necessary, although I'm still not convinced people will vote for this enough for it to qualify.

Loindici

Veteran
She said she'll try to incorporate subtitles in one way or another. Think of Italy 2018.

I kinda feel it'll be more of a Manizha type of thing, TBH, but I'm not sure about that with a fixed sun LED being on the stage.

Jonkonfui

I think it is better without subtitles. I mean, being sincere, people dont give shit about the situation of artists in Serbia. Add to this that the lyrics might be on the metaphorical side... I dont see what good can make to have subtitles.
Eurovision people needs 'easier' and 'typical' messages: peace, no wars, feminist something, or gay thingies... If you go further than that people enter "mi no entienda" mode.

Loindici

Veteran
Weird message for an Esc song. It is too local and not easy to relate to... I thought it was about Covid and wash your hands 20 times... Anyway I kinda like it.

I think when you strip off the relation of the song to Serbia, it's a song that every living human can relate to.

Medical bills are expensive in general (since today's worldwide health system is kinda f*cked up, TBH), so people wish to God and do the minimum to stay healthy -- and pretend to be healthy, rather than having to visit doctors and buy drugs. However, if you're poor or aidless and you got a disease, you basically live and breathe to only pay the med bills.

People must be healthy, or else their wallets are going to be unhealthy for them to stay healthy.

empo21

Veteran
Even if lyrics are incorporated into the stagin, it still needs a heav amount of context about the healthcare situation in Serbia for it to actually click with viewers.

Throwing some English lines on the screen is going to leave people confused if they don't know what exactly she's taking a shot at.

Loindici

Veteran
Sorry for constantly posting, but I can't get this out of my head.

I want to believe the song might get popular with international listeners because of three things: The clapping that could be made into a TikTok challenge, the performance going into the meme inventory of Stan Twitter, or "why the fuck is she singing about Meghan Markle?"

Chorizo

That staging is very unusual. I'm wondering what they will do in Turin. Will she wash her hands in the waterfall? The stage designer will surely be happy if his creation is put to good use. I suppose there has never been a staging consisting of someone washing his hands in the history of the contest. That this might change now shows that it mustn't be easy to come up with something new after all these years. Next year, San Marino's entry might feature someone clipping his toenails on stage.

I didn't know what the song is about when I first listened to it because I only understand the title. Then I translated the lyrics and they seem equally unique. I certainly give this entry recognition for its originality and it doesn't even sound too bad, but I'm not fully on board with the concept. 5 points from me.

Last edited:

Yazy

Quick view on the small chunk of results:

Zoe got 6th place. Hell yes!

I knew I wasn´t crazy for liking that song so much. Even the jury and audience both managed to place it in TOP 10! xcheerxcheer

Now for the official TOP 5: I never wrote my prediction here on thread (only mentioned that Zorja, Konstrakta and Sara will be TOP 3).

But I did assume that very likely Angelina and Lukas would occupy the rest of the TOP 5.

Chorizo

Which is incredibly tongue-in-cheek, as Koori says above the song is about health insurance and how someone she knew died because they didn't have insurance.
Oh, that's what the song actually is about! :LOL:

Zeus

But why is it Serbian artists do not have access to healthcare?

Hello to everybody. Sorry if my english is a little bad.

The song is not only about the situation in Serbia. It is about global situation with COVID, "health" trends, health propaganda, beauty trends... it has a little deeper message. These are lyrics at the end of song, when they song in Latin:

A sick mind in a healthy body,
A sad soul in a healthy body,
A desprate mind in a healthy body,
A frightened mind in a healthy body,
So what do we do now?

You can turn on captions on Youtube, you have translation there.

CPV4931

Would have preferred Zorja as the winner, but also ok with Konstrakta winning, I somehow like this song

GermanBango

Ok first of all: I like it. Something different from all of these uninspired rocks songs this year.
Second of all: not me thinking she was singing super deep stuff about spiritual cleansing or something just to find out what the lyrics actually mean lmao. xheat

Yoozek

I would say "Girl, you can't just wash off that shit level of the song." My best friends mom is just like that when it comes to covid. She's the only person I know that would say this song is okayish.

ChiversLookDivine

I dunno why people on here are so hung up on televoters failing to understand the message of the song, as if that's going to hold it back with the public. Some of my favourite entries the last couple of years have been songs sung in their native language, and failing to understand the deeper meaning behind Shum, Zitti E Buoni, Amar Pelos Dois, Soldi, Hatrid Mun Sigra has not distracted from the performance with me and have not held them back with audiences across Europe. I love De Diepte this year, and after looking up a translation of lyrics I connected with it more - but it didn't overwhelmingly change my love for it. Hell, the French entry this year is sung in Breton, I have no idea what the song is about at all but I love it.

A great performance can tell a story through performer alone, and Konstrakta is a great performer. The song itself is hypnotizing and arresting in equal measure, but she has more charisma in this performance than a lot of entries, and coupled with the memeable stuff like the handclaps it's all you need to reach the final - even if it won't win. Again I refer back to Go_A, a song that sounded like nothing I'd ever heard before, with an eye-catching and memorable performance, sung in Ukranian. Didn't stop it climbing the UK charts alongside Maneskin.

Some are suggesting having it sung in English, and although healthcare and mental health are universal problems I cannot imagine taking the character out of this song. It's a song contest, and In Corpore Sano being sung in Serbian and LATIN is as much part of the song as the lyric about Meghan Markle. If we start suggesting certain songs get sung in English then why don't we say that for all songs, and go back 15 years when countries were afraid to sing in their mother tongue. Let's not. In Corpore Sano is quite heavy and high-concept for Eurovision but the performance will do the talking.

Top Bottom