Contact us

Russia RUSSIA 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
Translation, please?

First picture

Volodymyr Ostapchuk: Why are you keeping silent?
Kirkorov: And I see you're not
Volodymyr Ostapchuk: Silence means consent
Kirkorov: Do you want to start a discussion with me now?
Volodymyr Ostapchuk: No discussion. You could help your position, but you stuck your tongue in your ass because Putin will get angry.

The caption says: You know, Russians. We will never forgive your silence and assent to the regime.

Second picture

The picture says: Russia doesn't start wars. Russia ends them.

Baskov then adds, "Russia's operation is fully consistent with international law. The decision was made in accordance with Article 51, Part 7 of the UN Charter, which provides for an absolute right to individuals or a collective for self-defense. It extends not only to Russia as a member of the UN, but also to its allies - recognized by Russia as independent to take upon themselves to protect these republics."

The caption in pink says: Nikolai Baskov and Polina Gagarina - you're Putin's bedding, damn you three times and die along your Hitler-Putin, I despise you and I am ashamed that I listed to this whore's music.

(edited my post before to include a translation as well)

Last edited:

Simon

Eh … guess I choose the wrong time to go grocery shopping then.
Now I can stay with y’all and don’t have to leave the fandom because the EBU found it’s micro balls. Yay party!

My thoughts exactly! I would’ve been left with no choice but to skip Eurovision entirely this year if not forever if they decided to give Russia a platform in what is otherwise a (mostly) loving and united family of countries celebrating what makes Europe great.

I woke up to the good news and now I can enjoy Australia Decides tonight!

Eurovision is a highlight of the year for many and with how everything has been across the world I really didn’t want to lose Eurovision.

Lance Esgard

First picture

Volodymyr Ostapchuk: Why are you keeping silent?
Kirkorov: And I see you're not
Volodymyr Ostapchuk: Silence means consent
Kirkorov: Do you want to start a discussion with me now?
Volodymyr Ostapchuk: No discussion. You could help your position, but you stuck your tongue in your ass because Putin will get angry.

The caption says: You know, Russians. We will never forgive your silence and assent to the regime.

Second picture

The picture says: Russia doesn't start wars. Russia ends them.

Baskov then adds, "Russia's operation is fully consistent with international law. The decision was made in accordance with Article 51, Part 7 of the UN Charter, which provides for an absolute right to individuals or a collective for self-defense. It extends not only to Russia as a member of the UN, but also to its allies - recognized by Russia as independent to take upon themselves to protect these republics."

The caption in pink says: Nikolai Baskov and Polina Gagarina - you're Putin's bedding, damn you three times and die along your Hitler-Putin, I despise you and I am ashamed that I listed to this whore's music.

(edited my post before to include a translation as well)
Wait, so who is this Volodymyr Ostapchuk? I thought the two had come up with direct statements of support but from this translation it looks more like one person claiming to know the positions of these other people... Now I'm just confused...

allenakaalan

Wait, so who is this Volodymyr Ostapchuk? I thought the two had come up with direct statements of support but from this translation it looks more like one person claiming to know the positions of these other people... Now I'm just confused...
Vova, one of the three hosts in 2017. He shared the convo between him and Kirkirov. There is another screenshot of them continuing the discussion, with Vova saying in the caption that he was ashamed that they even knew each other in the first place.

Mainshow

Veteran
Russian authorities are threatening the remaining free and independent press in Russia:
Media using the word "war" linked to what´s going on in Ukraine will be blocked and have to face charges!!!!

10:28 Uhr

Russische Medienaufsicht droht unabhängigen Medien

Die russische Medienaufsicht Roskomnadzor hat die unabhängigen Medien in dem Land davor gewarnt, den russischen Einmarsch in die Ukraine weiter als "Krieg" zu bezeichnen. Ein entsprechendes Schreiben erhielten unter anderem der Radiosender Echo Moskwy und die Zeitung "Nowaja Gaseta". Falls sie der Aufforderung nicht nachkämen, würden ihre Seiten blockiert.

10:28 amRussian media regulator threatens independent mediaRussia's media regulator Roskomnadzor has warned independent media in the country against continuing to label Russia's invasion of Ukraine as a "war". The radio station Echo Moskvy and the newspaper "Novaya Gazeta" received a letter to this effect, among others. If they didn't comply, their pages would be blocked.

source: Tagesschau.de

Lance Esgard

Bakinka

Dozhd TV channel says Russia should have been represented by Yaroslava Simonova:

Chorizo

Russian authorities are threatening the remaining free and independent press in Russia:
Media using the word "war" linked to what´s going on in Ukraine will be blocked and have to face charges!!!!

source: Tagesschau.de
Surely that should be enough for the EBU to suspend the membership of the Russian broadcasters for the next few years, like they did with Belarus. The EBU is slow and needs to coordinate with its members first, but I expect them to announce the suspension of the Russian broadcasters soon, if they don't want to lose their credibility.

Mainshow

Veteran
Medwedew wnts to close all embassies of Western countries Oo

It´s over. We need to help Ukraine... we all will be next :(

How can a country take part in Eurovision when they want to close all embassies???

Bmbriga

Polina liked Baskov's pic about Russia not starting wars, but finishing it. Although not a direct statement, it's very close to it.

Top Bottom