So far away

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

Years go by, I tried and tried
My father asked if today I smiled
I said, "Yes I did", but that's a lie
Oh, I always tell those lies

And you run and hide, hide the break inside
Do you realise that the light shines bright?
Through those, oh, who broke inside

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

'Cause you never want to be a kind of person
You can work it for those ones who cannot word it
Because you've been the kind of person who felt this pain
Yeah, I felt this pain

So you're gonna leave the pain and find another way to make yourself another game
Maybe one for all to play
'Cause it's not just me who's not the same
We are not the same

I'm not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no​

Last edited by a moderator:

Decayingbooks

Sheldon winning is not a surprise:

Jaguar winning the juries and...
... Voyager winning the televoting is.

So basically, Australia will submit an entry which didn´t get enough support - either by the public or the juries.

How unfortunate.
That is a very common thing in nf's, Black Mamba(Portugal 2021) did also place second on both televote and juries and ended 12º place at eurovision

Loindici

Veteran

Mainshow

Veteran
He's still getting 2nd and 2nd though, doesn't mean he's totally out. Would you call Jamala or Duncan unfortunate winners, then?

You can´t really compare it, imo.
Duncan got internally chosen and Jamala won the televoting in the Ukrainian national final and thus, one could argue that Duncan was a "jury winner" and Jamala was a "televoting winner" which got submitted to Eurovision.

Also, in Eurovision we get "total numbers" and not some artifical "5-10-15...60" steps when it comes to the televoting.

Sheldon will do alright in May; i´m really sure about that - but let´s just settle down for: After a quite surprising voting procedure, it´s just "unsatisfying" to see someone win a national final who couldn´t completely convince the juries or televoting.

MopManMoss

Veteran
I only watched 2019 australia decides and the televote in that wasnt capped or in intervals of 5 is this a new change or was 2020 like that too?

Preuss

Ochman has a pretty good song, like it's an 8 for me, but he's got the charisma of a dead slug on stage, so that needs to be improved

i suspect Australia will do better with the juries and Poland with the public tbh

Kaz

inb4 the inevitable sheldon top 5 jury last place televote "why do the juries overrate australia every year!!1!"

crashworld

Veteran
It will be interesting to see the televoting results in numbers.

Australia came up with that horrible Spanish points for the televoting.

Yes, I notice that. I wonder why they did that for the televoting but gave the juries more power in the sense. I hope someone will do the proportionate points based on the absolute total votes to see how much difference it will make.

shameless

Meh...this song and him- unconvinced. I know we're all not the same but I am really tired of these "I'm so unique"-messages. I don't mean in the way as it is in Paulinis song either but something about these super-invidivudalis-empowerment-songs leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. And that comes from someone who is a minority in a minority in a minority.

Sheldon winning is not a surprise:

Jaguar winning the juries and...
... Voyager winning the televoting is.

So basically, Australia will submit an entry which didn´t get enough support - either by the public or the juries.

How unfortunate.
But he was top 2 in both of them. Just like Jamala and Duncan Laurence who also didn't top their votes yet people widely think they're deserving winners.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Same here. My FIRST :0: this season. Take it Australia!
I will also add a little addendum that Voyager were robbed, and that Dreamer would have been first on my ranking if it had won. :alien:

This selection was weak as piss in general so i'm not SURPRISED Sheldon won (I always assumed he would because I always expect the worst), but ugh. Fuck YOU Jaguar Jonze for being so average on purpose. Fuck YOU SBS for providing us with eight nothing filler songs. Can't wait for Sheldon to turn into this year's Decoy Winner => Ogae Flop.

oh well at least Finland isn't going to fuck things up because that would involve choosing Olivera or Tommi and surely *that* isn't going to happen.

cripesdude

Well Australia that really was a bit of a hot mess but maybe you’re rusty after a year off… still had fun!

I could take or leave Sheldon, Voyager or Jaguar Jones…

Maybe decent staging will see qualification but just a meh year for me for 🇦🇺

Mainshow

Veteran
Again, Duncan won "the juries" who internally chose him to represent the Netherlands and Jamala won the televoting in the Ukrainian national final.
Both countries sent "some kind of winners" to Eurovision.

This is more like a Black Mamba/Portugal 2021 scenario. And I don´t believe that Sheldon will be ranked much higher in the end. Lower Top 10 to #13 (the place Black Mamba got in the end) sounds about right to me.
He will not come close to winning like Duncan or Jamala in May.

Top Bottom