Contact us

Current Member Roster & How to join the Waiting List

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
nscroster.png

01 ::adb Adamsburg (NSC 2 - NSC 91, NSC 177 - current)
02 ::aim Aimūlli (NSC 129 - current)
03 ::aka Akatsuki (NSC 219 - current)
04 ::bal Balearica Island (NSC 42 - current)
05 ::beg Begonia (NSC 5 - NSC 48, NSC 122 - current)
06 ::bel Belvist (NSC 5 - NSC 58, NSC 125 - NSC 127, NSC 191 - current)
07 ::bif Biflovatia (NSC 108 - current)
08 ::cal Calypso (NSC 7 - current)
09 ::che Cherniya (NSC 92 - current)
10 ::com Comino (NSC 7 - NSC 17, NSC 27 - current)
11 ::cyd Cydoni-Gibberia (NSC 20 - current)
12 ::dal Dalisska (NSC 24 - NSC 90, NSC 118 - NSC 151, NSC 201 - current)
13 ::dos Denmark of Spears (NSC 90 - NSC 218, NSC 221 - current) has to confirm NSC 226 ◆◆
::doi Doire (NSC 74 - current)
15 ::eff Effiland (NSC 8 - NSC 53, NSC 206 - current)
16 ::elv Elvaci (NSC 102 - NSC 217, NSC 223 - current)
17 ::end Endórë (NSC 209 - current)
18 ::fer Fervorosia (NSC 21 - current)
19 ::fie Fierraria (NSC 218 - current)
20 ::grf Griffin Empire (NSC 204 - current)
21 ::hal Halito (NSC 10 - current)
22 ::ill Illumia (NSC 83 - NSC 130, NSC 153 - NSC 156, NSC 219 - current)
23 ::ins Insomnéa (NSC 96 - current)
24 ::kam Kamandé (NSC 57 - NSC 74, NSC 124 - current)
25 ::kon Konthena (NSC 218 - current)
26 ::slf Kordavian Islands (NSC 109 - current)
27 ::mat MatiMati (NSC 154 - current)
28 ::moi Moisantia (NSC 93 - NSC 117, NSC 150 - current)
29 ::nac New Acadia (NSC 52 - NSC 154, NSC 211 - current)
30 ::nbs New Bander State (NSC 149 - current)
31 ::oos Öösingimäed (NSC 51 - NSC 120, NSC 209 - current)
32 ::ora Orangualia (NSC 56 - current)
33 ::ous Oussou Empire (NSC 101 - NSC 128, NSC 172 - current)
34 ::pap Papendink (NSC 83 - NSC 176, NSC 224 - current)
35 ::pen Pen Island (NSC 219 - current)
36 ::per Perryfornia (NSC 65 - current)
37 ::rah Rahasia-Diati (NSC 148 - current)
38 ::red Redwood Republic (NSC 177 - current)
39 ::rld Reym-L-Dneurb (NSC 1 - NSC 52, NSC 65 - NSC 152, NSC 206 - current)
40 ::ros Roseland (NSC 56 - current)
41 ::rum Rumia (NSC 55 - current)
42 ::sak Sakuralia (NSC 122 - current)
43 ::ser Serenes (NSC 143 - current)
44 ::sla Södermalm (NSC 216 - current)
45 ::svo Svobodnia (NSC 169 - current)
46 ::szk Szimbaya Kingdom (NSC 188 - current)
47 ::tad Tamausia & Deltannor (NSC 188 - current)
48 ::tan Tanoiro (NSC 176 - current) has to confirm NSC 226
::tch Tcher-Racoi (NSC 203 - current)
50 ::taa Tír an Abhainn (NSC 16 - current)
51 ::tro Trollheimr (NSC 105 - current)
52 ::tyb Tybalteva (NSC 191 - current) has to confirm NSC 226 ◆◆
::ugl Ugaly (NSC 4 - current)
54 ::vyl Vylkuzeme (NSC 109 - current)
55 ::wsn Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici (NSC 51 - NSC 168, NSC 222 - current)
56 ::xhu Xhuxhmaxhuxh (NSC 39 - NSC 62, NSC 119 - NSC 153, NSC 219 - current)
57 ::xoc Xochimilia (NSC 219 - current)
58 ::yap Yaponesia (NSC 6 - current)
59 ::yyy Yeto-Ya-Yeto (NSC 55 - current)
60 ::zom Zombira (NSC 10 - NSC 170, NSC 219 - current)

Last update: February 23rd, 2024

Text version of the roster for copy/paste purposes

Clicking on a flag icon will redirect you to the respective country's official thread.
Nations that miss 2 editions in a row will be removed and replaced with the nation at the top of the Waiting List (see below).

RESOURCES

FLAGS || POTS || MAP || WIKI || DATABASE

nscwaitinglist.png

01. Scania (Grand Duchy of Strenci) NSC 226?
02. soundofsilence (Afnia) WLSC 266 NSC 226?
03. Judas (Necluda) NSC 226?
04. Marcos C (Marcobia)
05. MiraShadowMan (Rehi Kaita)
06. Gera11 (Federal Republic of Meridia) WLSC 266, 267, 268
07. Sultana (Bála Kunmenai)
08. pending... (Aclaira) failed to vote NSC 225

Last update: February 23rd, 2024

Nations or members in cyan have entered NSC at least once before.

Waiting list (WL) rules:

• Voting in each final of NSC as part of the waiting list jury is compulsory.
  • Any waiting list nations who fail to vote will be moved 2 places down on the list.
  • Nations who fail to vote 2 finals in a row will be removed from the list.
  • Under certain circumstances waiting list nations can take a break from voting in the finals if a solid reason is given. During that period of time the position of the nation on the waiting list remains frozen and it can move neither up nor down.
  • Nations with 'NSC XXX' beside them will debut/return in the next contest.
  • Nations with 'NSC XXX?' beside them can send a reserve entry to the next contest.

nscjoin.png

First of all, welcome to NSC! If you have any questions regarding the contest, feel free to post them in this thread or ask one of the mods: @Stargazer, @berlyda or @Veronika.

In order to get familiar with the contest, please take a look at the RULES!

If you want to apply for a place in NSC (or if you want to return), simply send a PM to Stargazer - you'll be added to the waiting list (see above).

Please note that you are probably going to be waiting for a long time as there is a strong demand for spots on the roster. In the meantime, you may enter the Waiting List contest, vote in the semi-finals of NSC and take part in the various spin-off contests if you wish to. Don't forget that voting in the finals is compulsory.

And most importantly: Have fun! :mrgreen:

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
I also received this PM earlier today and after reading it, I thought it'd be best to share this publicly to see what the community thinks. I hope the author doesn't mind.

Not a problem at all. It's probably healthy that this is aired out in public. Everyone is welcome to give their opinion on the situation, as there is currently no rule for this. However, I and the other mods agree that it is a clear exploitation of the system in order to avoid having to withdraw and reapply, as everyone else has to do. So we are invoking Rule 7.3.

dogmeat

I can understand both sides of this issue. The rules as they stand allow Alex to rejoin Aimulli, just like they allowed Nicolas to take over. It's kind of a loophole that in theory allows blatant trade of nations. If I wanted to withdraw, I could just invite a friend to co-own Rumia for an edition and then leave it to them. And then return a few years later, bypassing the WL. I trust in honest intentions of Alex and Nicolas, but at the same time I can see how it may feel unfair to WLers who wait up 20 editions to join NSC.

So, overall, my opinion: we should invite Alex back to NSC without any issues, but at the same time open a discussion how to clarify the nation ownership rules.

Kimrt

Kimmystan supports aimulli and won't mind Alex taking his country back as long as Nicholas don't mind it. It should be between them.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
A healthy discussion between two parties is probably the best way to begin dealing with this matter, not sending us a PM stating I must withdraw.
Fair enough. Let's do that now.

I do not intend to take over Aimūlli. I intended on rejoining Aimūlli alongside Nicolas.
Okay, but this does not change the fact that you have not been part of the contest for years. You can't just rejoin and skip the WL. Like I said, Nicolas is welcome to continue taking part, however, taking an official break if necessary.

Aimūlli has been run by Alex alone for a number of years now, making him in effect the sole owner of Aimūlli.
Except you have not really been running the nation at all in the past few years, except by perhaps a technicality. If you have been the owner, if has been in name only. Reserving a spot in NSC for some eventual future comeback is an unfair exploitation of our rules.

This sentence is the main reason why I wanted to make this public. I think it is a good idea to know what the WL members (and the roster) think of the situation, as it does affect them to some extent. I am happy to leave Aimūlli if a majority believe it is the right thing to do.
Okay. If necessary we can make a poll about it in the private forum, if it turns out to be a contentious topic with no clear consensus.

1. The Rules do not state that a user cannot return to their previously held nation after X amount of time off.
But in usual circumstances that return would be through the WL. You have found a loophole by having a co-juror.

Section 2.2 affirms what I am doing is within the rules: "A single nation may be run by multiple users, but any single user may only be part of one nation at a time."
No, Section 2.2 does not say anything for or against your situation. It just says that co-jurors may exist, it doesn't set down any rules for how they may join/leave a nation.

2. It would be contradictory to allow Nicolas to join Aimūlli while I have been the sole and original owner for a number of years and then decline myself rejoining Aimūlli while Nicolas has been the sole owner for a number of years.
That was also controversial at the time, if I recall correctly. I would not allow it if it were to happen today. Co-jurors should be a part of a nation from the beginning and should not be allowed to come and go as they please. It is the only fair way.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
okkk... Well in which case I support the mods decision on this, as someone who spent 2 years or so waiting to join I know the feeling very well. Even if it's not a rule and was overlooked last time when Nicolas joined doesn't mean it should be automatically allowed this time. Two wrongs don't make a right. There is no law against putting your hands in boiling water, doesn't mean you should do it (weak comparison i know, but still one regardless). The fact of the matter is, while Aimulli may have originally been yours you left for an extended amount of time with Nicolas being the sole juror - and it's not even a matter of months, it's years at this point. I've been taking part 26 editions now and you haven't been part of the jury once. To come back now, skip the WL totally and just resume like you never left, even if you don't intend it is a bit of a slap in the face to those who are following the system and waiting to join; some of whom have announced their frustration at waiting on numerous occasions now. It is all round massively unfair move for you to make, even if unintended. Especially when it exploits a loophole in the rules. Nicolas should continue on as the sole juror (or withdraw if he no longer wishes to take part) and you join the Waiting List like everyone else. Actually i'd support some sort of rule being formed also on how cojuries are formed/run to stop this happening in the future.

Territrius

Hi everyone! I just wanted to apologize for some of this, I didn't mean any harm by letting Alex take Aimulli back when he approached me..

I love this contest and didn't necessarily want to leave it, but I found myself really busy and kind of in a rut when it came to contests in general (I left some on escforum too). Then Alex out of nowhere asked if he could come back to Aimulli. Now, in my mind I was always filling in for him, Aimulli never felt truly mine, though I did really do my own thing with it. So it wasn't hard for me to say to Alex that of course he could have it back, since it was his in the first place.

I'll be honest, at that point, the WL hadn't even crossed my mind, and I'm sorry about that, I know it's very long at the moment.

I would love to continue playing for Aimulli, so I would be delighted if Alex and I could work together for instance. But it feels weird for me to see Alex not being allowed in what is in my mind really still his own country. But I will accept any decision that is made about this.

Jho

Speaking as a WL country I think Alex should be allowed back as not only he was the owner of Aimulli for a few years but also because there isn't any specific rule (as far as I know) against this. Now, after this situation I think it would be fair to create a rule not allowing people to do this, just so it's really clear.

Just my two cents :p

Karhu

I certainly see how the situation may be frustrating for WLers and I sympathize with them. I don't think it'd be difficult to reach a consensus to establish stricter rules that limit the passing around (so to speak) of countries between players, and I think we should aim to move in that direction as soon as possible.

That being said, I also find the situation to be a bit unfair towards Alex because the rules - as they stand now - are indeed fairly open-ended, and the existing precedent - at least as long as I've been on the roster - has been to let people come and go as they please. Nállanot (now Ic-Sa-Calli) changed hands a few times between PoytaOsaaPuhua and azilio99 without any issue, for example, with the former taking over the country for more than a year before giving it back. I feel like there are other smaller cases I'm not remembering as well (Kosma?)

So yeah, even if two wrongs don't make a right and we can all agree the rules need to be tightened, it does feel harsh, imo, to suddenly crack down on Alex now when he was likely under the impression (based on the existing precedent) there wouldn't be any issue with him rejoining Aimūlli. It's worth asking: had he known that letting Nicolas run the country by himself for a while would mean he could never get it back, would he have given it up in the first place?

If you ask me, Alex should be allowed to take control of (or rejoin) Aimūlli again, and a rule change should be implemented immediately to make it the last time such a transfer is allowed.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
It's worth asking: had he known that letting Nicolas run the country by himself for a while would mean he could never get it back, would he have given it up in the first place?
I think if the time frame had been shorter, then I would be more sympathetic towards this argument. It is one thing to take a short break from the contest and let someone else take the wheel in the meantime, but it has been 3.5 years since Alex had any kind of activity on this forum whatsoever (well, except for that joke about taking back Aimulli 2 years ago).

The community seems to be split on how this case should be handled, so we will likely hold a poll to determine what happens. I'll allow some more time for people to comment first, however.

HayashiM

Veteran
Another WL country here.

I agree with @Jho. If there is a precedens of this happening on multiple instances in the past and the rules still don't explicitly forbid it, it should be permitted. I am ok with Alex being allowed back.

However I'd also be in favour of amending the rules along the lines of "shall any country get any new (additional or replacing) owner(s)*, it needs to start from the WL again", or something along these lines...

*could also be specified as "any new non-founding owners" - it still prevents most of the related issues, because no one can really "have a substitute" anymore.

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
My two cents, and I'll keep it brief since I spend a lot of my time in work arguing with other departments about the intricacies of processes and trade rules, so I don't want to go too far down that line on this little haven for my sanity...

It's clear that the rules are not explicit in forbidding other forum members from taking over nations or joining as a co-juror (which probably isn't as big of an issue if the founding member for the nation is still participating but should still be incorporated into this wider discussion). And there is a precedent of member switches taking place with other nations in the past, so that's probably the reason for the current situation arising.

A clear and firm "no swaps" rule should be brought in going forward to disallow any members handing their nation over to a completely new member and the nation remaining on the main roster. I get that some might argue that the nation itself isn't changing, but the new member responsible for the nation's entries and votes may have a completely different vision of what the nation should be going forward, and hence it would in effect become a completely new nation. Not saying this is the case here since the member is returning after an extended period, but we need to avoid the possibility of founding members of nations going MIA for indeterminate periods of time and suddenly returning as if nothing has changed.

I rambled for longer than expected there - in short, the rules haven't been broken as such in this case, but we need to avoid member switches in future in the interest of fairness for all.

Last edited:

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I'm with Alex on this, let him rejoin Aimūlli together with Nicolas. if something should have been done here, it should have been done when Alex - as the creator - left Aimūlli, not now. I agree that a rule should be made tho, to avoid situations like this in the future.

Barish

As a previous NSC and a current WL participant, I want to contribute to the discussion as well in the hopes that it will make it easier to decide. I will not compare my situation with Alex's above because it's not technically similar.

I think handing over, rejoining, joining etc shouldn't matter at all. Even if Nicolas had kept on being the sole juror of Aimulli and an active participant in NSC without a break and Alex wanted to come back, Alex should go through the WL to be able to join back.

And since it might seem a little vindictive or grudge-y I should state that Alex joining back to Aimulli doesn't effect anything for me in the slightest. My main goal is not going back to NSC roster, I enjoy my time here and I think WLSC is heaps of fun with its own thing.

However there are other returning players and their main goal might be coming back to the main roster, waiting their turn through the WL. I think it's disrespectful to them especially, as well as new nations/players, considering it takes around a year to be go up and join the main roster.

TL DR; To my understanding rules clearly state that a returning player must go through the WL roster, and this includes the jurors who wish to rejoin to a multi-juror nation.

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
As someone who recently joined the main roster after spending 14 months in the WL, I'm gonna give my 2 cents.

It's not an easy situation to deal with, because while I'm against such a move, there are two main problems here :
- there have been precedents (how and why they were allowed is another question I'd like to get an answer to)
- co-jurying isn't regulated enough, leaving this situation in the grey area where it can be both within and against the rules

Acting on it now while people didn't seem bothered before doesn't really sit right, but we can't really let it pass either. Doing so would open the door for other exploitations of rule loopholes, and it's something I would like to avoid.
This contest to be as fair as possible for everyone. Such a move is quite disrespectful to the people who have been waiting - for more than a year for some - on the WL. Even if Aimulli was his, after leaving for years, is Alex more legitimate than newcomers or returnees who withdrew and registered again ? I don't think so. It would seem like the time people who went through the WL gave out to waiting and voting in each final was meaningless.

I'm still not sure where to go with it, for now I'm leaning more on asking Alex to join WL again, but because of the aforementioned points at the start of this post, this is complicated. However, a rule should definitely be made to avoid such situations in the future.
WLers might not be part of the main roster yet, they shouldn't be treated like dog shit.

Uto

Veteran
The Aimulli Tactical Leapfrog NSC Injection Scheme is an abject construction and should be banned immediately. No 'yeah but Alex so sad blah blah and is precedent', fuck that. Maybe in the past it made sense, I don't know, but it sure as hell doesn't right now. I've been sitting at the WL for over a year and it is the same for others. Now, many of my fellow WL members used to be respected NSC members in the past as well. Such statuses don't matter, we all suffer the same shitty fate. Leapfrogging is simply immoral and should not happen, regardless of precedents, vague rules and other feebleminded excuses.

Now, given the post made by this dude it gets even worse. Goes all legalistic, even calls something a logical fallacy that has literally 0 bearing on anything, even went so far as to make some text larger for added emphasis. Meanwhile story can be summarized by analogy:

I do not intend to steal. That it happens to be that I will leave the shop with products I did not pay for is a fact, but in the past this was called shoplifting and it wasn't against the rules. I repeat, I do not intend to steal.

Cool story, still stealing. As such, the whole idea that this should be allowed now because of whatever reasons is a mockery. Why make the same mistake twice and screw the WL over once more?

Schlagerman1

I love that this forum is so supportive for other members in the contest and it makes me glad to see. But I think the moderators have done the best decision in this situation. Sure, it seems like it comes out of the blue and maybe the moderators should have had a longer discussion about this with both members in private (maybe something that could have ended with a solving for NSC 195 at latest). Maybe both Alex and Nicolas should have notified one of the moderators to ask them if everything was fine in doing it this way.

Anyhow, it is time we have to put some boundries to the contest and especially in this rule on nation ownership. It is to make things go much smoother and secure the fairness of the contest. Maybe some kind of activity registration, that two parts of a co-ownership has to be active on the forum, maybe even take turns in sending the entries/votes to the hosts and so on. I understand that neither of Alex and Nicolas wanted to cheat the system or anything, but I think we need to settle the rules so that it is fair for everyone. And I don't think that it is okay if a nation owner is away for several years to then come back like nothing happened.

Jho

The Aimulli Tactical Leapfrog NSC Injection Scheme is an abject construction and should be banned immediately. No 'yeah but Alex so sad blah blah and is precedent', fuck that. Maybe in the past it made sense, I don't know, but it sure as hell doesn't right now. I've been sitting at the WL for over a year and it is the same for others. Now, many of my fellow WL members used to be respected NSC members in the past as well. Such statuses don't matter, we all suffer the same shitty fate. Leapfrogging is simply immoral and should not happen, regardless of precedents, vague rules and other feebleminded excuses.

Now, given the post made by this dude it gets even worse. Goes all legalistic, even calls something a logical fallacy that has literally 0 bearing on anything, even went so far as to make some text larger for added emphasis. Meanwhile story can be summarized by analogy:

I do not intend to steal. That it happens to be that I will leave the shop with products I did not pay for is a fact, but in the past this was called shoplifting and it wasn't against the rules. I repeat, I do not intend to steal.

Cool story, still stealing. As such, the whole idea that this should be allowed now because of whatever reasons is a mockery. Why make the same mistake twice and screw the WL over once more?
Who pissed on your cornflakes?

Top Bottom