Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

Loindici

Veteran
N

No, the fact it jumped in odds and is already talked by people makes it completely different to Macedonia who came out of nowhere during voting. Same about Norway.

There are two possible entries that i think of right now, and they are either Spain or UK.

Iker

Veteran
As subjective as it is, I think this was the weakest semifinal in the history of Eurovision.
People like to say things like that every year. Please rewatch the recap of 2010, 2011 semifinals (the butterfly horror from Belarus qualified in 2010!). Some people have a short memory.

That SF 2 this year was kinda weak, but overall in the history of the contest just average.

:fr: would be screwed if :ua: performed after Barbara, ngl about that. pairing them together in that precise order will benefit both of them. Plus, :az: performing after :fr: will impact her chances of doing well, that's almost utterly certain

You are again playing innocent here hahah.

There is one thing that everybody was trying to say without insulting France, but you refuse to read between the lines.

The transition between Ukraine and France will be bad for France as people who will stand up from their couches to dance on Ukrainian song will then have to face the artisitic LaLa Land slow tempo and dark France and they will not be prepaired for it. It will be a shock and in a negative way. Like when you get caught coital pose. 😆

But she can thank God and EBU she's not anywhere near the Swiss C. as they are practically the same in style and concept and taste and visuals.

Azerbaycan is skewed anyway, no matter who comes first or next. The lack of quality is obvious anyway.

A-lister

Veteran
Russia yes, Ukraine no. They killed off Lithuania unfortunately coming before Ukraine.

As if they said - Hey Eastern block, you are now all together, choose one hahahaah

I dunno, it's all very shady.

I said it since they introduced this MF mess, the running order needs to be random. They can still use some sort of genre/tempo pots to make sure the show will run nicely, but this corrupted and nontransparent way is really killing it.

MrLordi

Hmm, i think the running order killed 🇺🇦 chances of winning tele, France seems like a likely winner

Iker

Veteran
But it is interesting, Sweden was 6th in semi odds and is ~13th as of today. It's either a very new running order formula or the following;
The penultimate song in the final has won or come 2nd in the televoting in their semi-final in the last three years. (Australia, Cyprus, Bulgaria).
The two countries that won their semi-finals those years have also been placed an average of 14 places from each other in the final (13, 15, 14). If we say - per odds - Switzerland won SF2, seeing Malta and Cyprus so early...did Sweden win their semi?
If I find out that Sweden somehow won their semi (I don't believe in that anyway) I'll be like

78fdd8ad83cf67a47a6670e3ae32e879_original.jpg

A-lister

Veteran
Hmm, i think the running order killed 🇺🇦 chances of winning tele, France seems like a likely winner

It's purposely done by the EBU, they want Eurovision back to the years when dated French language ballads dominated.

God forbid any progress or interesting tracks winning this xshrug

Although, I don't think France will win the televote, I'm not sure it will be top. 5 even.

HayashiM

Veteran
I don't think so. Many casual viewers will dislike Ukraine because it's definitely challenging. France will speak to many viewers and it couldn't shine more after the big bang from Ukraine.

Maybe Ukraine didn't win the Semi and Lithuania did better? Sometimes I get little fanwank vibes from Ukraine but on the other hand GoA are doing well on streaming.

But whatever: Lithuania - Ukraine - France could be the climax on Saturday.

I felt the same about Ukraine - that it could've been a possible fanwank - but them being in the trends pretty much everywhere proves me wrong. If there's one song that definitely isn't a fanwank, it's Shum.

AlekS

Veteran
Actually Ukraine sounded awesome on the rehearsal right now (her best vocals, imo). I like the running order and it sounds/looks differently with Italy so I'm happy xdance2 I agree with Sean that France will finish in the top 10, but not in the top 5.

My personal top 3: Ukraine/Italy, Switzerland. Iceland faded to me a little bit.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
If I find out that Sweden somehow won their semi (I don't believe in that anyway) I'll be like

78fdd8ad83cf67a47a6670e3ae32e879_original.jpg

Lol Sweden didn't win the semi, juries probably unfairly pushed the generic cr*p top. 3 as per usual, but I can see that it was out of the top. 10 with televoters though.

Now they need to desperately push it with a good slot, and juries are brought in to push the song, will be interesting to see how blatantly biased EBU want to go in for this or if they will at least try to pretend that there is no Sweden bias and juries will rank it max lower bottom of their top. 10 (still way way way too high for it but yeah).

A-lister

Veteran
I felt the same about Ukraine - that it could've been a possible fanwank - but them being in the trends pretty much everywhere proves me wrong. If there's one song that definitely isn't a fanwank, it's Shum.

Nah, I think Ukraine won the semi televote, but EBU simply can't tolerate it.

spinachpie

To Win - Italy. Top 10 Finish - Cyprus, Iceland, Malta, Russia & Ukraine 22/1 on Skybet. Only one not guaranteed is Russia and Cyprus, but they should be close.

Iker

Veteran
Lol Sweden didn't win the semi, juries probably unfairly pushed the generic cr*p top. 3 as per usual, but I can see that it was out of the top. 10 with televoters though.

Now they need to desperately push it with a good slot, and juries are brought in to push the song, will be interesting to see how blatantly biased EBU want to go in for this or if they will at least try to pretend that there is no Sweden bias and juries will rank it max lower bottom of their top. 10 (still way way way too high for it but yeah).
I sincerly hope Sweden will not finish in top 3 of the juries this year, preferably not in top 10 with them as this would not be deserved. If it gets 150-200 Jury points or something it will be some BS. And much bigger bullshit than Ingrosso etc.

Etanna

I think Portugal will be the Ryan O'Shaghnessy of the year. They seem like such an obvious dark horse so the actual dark horse has to be someone else.

There are two possible entries that i think of right now, and they are either Spain or UK.
I don't think Portugal, Spain or UK will do that well. Possible dark horses to do better than expected could be Sweden, Norway or one of the female bops (Serbia?).

Despite all the hype, Ukraine doesn't feel like a winner to me. I have the biggest winner vibes from Switzerland and maybe France if she performs it well.

Sabrewulf238

From what I can tell looking at what's trending on Youtube in Ireland, Ukraine is the only performance trending (at #23) outside of our own performance.

At this point I think it's more on the juries because I think the public will get behind Ukraine.

Top Bottom