Contact us

{"edition": 192, "phase": "final results", "time": "May 6 9PM CET"}

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member

Schlagerman1

oh it's weird, you seem to be too young for such a terrible memory loss :LOL:
Well I have been away for MAAAANY editions and haven't followed on which ones are mods. As I wrote, it would be nice to have you all on a list written somewhere, so that people can contact you easier when problems shows up. ;)

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Well I have been away for MAAAANY editions and haven't followed on which ones are mods. As I wrote, it would be nice to have you all on a list written somewhere, so that people can contact you easier when problems shows up.

The list of NSC mods can be found in the roster & WL thread, I believe
After all, it's the main thread

spiluke

Congrats Belvist!

So weird seeing Comino placing 2nd in the semi final and 25th in the Final! Is there a logical explanation to this? :LOL:

esc87fan

Let's face it Gary: Martha and the Muffins' best-known song (and a Canadian 80s classic) is too high-class for NSC ;)

Lenalite

I'm literally one click away from opening NSC 193, I am only waiting for decisions from @sigi and @MARCOMEN

From now on I'm only voting Rumia. Jokes aside, this whole hiatus is taking away from the NSC experience for me. In fact, I'd propose we vote on a new regulation in which if no host comes forward in 3 to 5 days, the highest placing bidder is given the right to take over the hosting rights. I don't know how I'll schedule my semi listening during the Eurovision week honestly. Maybe let's drag out the hosting even more so they don't clash. 💀

Also thank you so much @berlyda @Stargazer! xheart I have already given my entry to Vaso - he had reached me via WhatsApp to accommodate me - bless his heart xheart

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
In fact, I'd propose we vote on a new regulation in which if no host comes forward in 3 to 5 days, the highest placing bidder is given the right to take over the hosting rights.
I think this is a reasonable suggestion. It would be a good idea to have something concrete in the rules about the timeline for deciding the next host. We could also vote on the thing @Fearnavigatr mentioned about the host being awarded a PQ spot even if they are not in the top 6. I'll open a discussion topic in the private forum shortly.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
It's not the declining of hosting that is the problem here, is that the people (we're waiting for) who have been mentioned haven't even responded, despite being online since said mentions were handed out. Just a quick "yes", "no" or "don't know yet" would suffice. The radio silence is what bothers me.

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ghost-participants and/or Ghostly/idle approach are reasons for NSC's decay.
No it's true, true.

pjelacki

maybe the NSC mods should open the confirmations thread

then whenever we know more they can hand over to the eventual host? too complicated? dunno just thinking loud

dogmeat

I think we can all just chill. Usually we know the host right away. We'll spend more time discussing a rule and voting on it than we ever will spend waiting for a host. Sometimes life just gets in the way. Afaik Sigi was PMed yesterday evening, we'll get our answer eventually. Now let me go back to furiously refreshing the forum every 10 seconds.

Kimrt

Random.org the host of those who are interested.

I also support the idea of some rule change that if it takes days we will give the job to someone who actually wants.

The silence is quite annoying for sure as people are eager to start a new edition xD

Top Bottom