Contact us

Armenia ARMENIA 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
As I predicted! Pretty fun to see these 180 turn comments by people who were so certain they're in because they didn't announce it earlier though, well... they're not.

Obviously it's sad when countries need to withdraw, on the other hand the situation is understandable, also on a personal note they didn't send anything I liked since 2010, but still the more the merrier.

AlekS

Veteran
As I predicted! Pretty fun to see these 180 turn comments by people who were so certain they're in because they didn't announce it earlier though, well... they're not.
180 turn comments? Where exactly? People have names btw.
And btw, to me this withdrawal is surprising. Thought they would announce it right away.

EscGeek

Veteran

A silver lining to all this is that Athena wouldn't feel out of place representing Greece, Cyprus or Armenia in one of the future contests, so i'm really looking forward to her participation.

Brandt

Not really surprised to see an expected news drop. Although I can't help but wonder if they really needed to wait until March to accept that.

Loindici

Veteran
Not really surprised to see an expected news drop. Although I can't help but wonder if they really needed to wait until March to accept that.
Maybe they're eager to participate and already had backup plans but nothing can come to fruition eventually. I'm sure the Armenian delegation had waited for some kind of miracle to happen, and I'm sure they're actually pretty heartbroken regarding their withdrawal. I hope they will bring their best game at the 2022 contest.

Brandt

Maybe they're eager to participate and already had backup plans but nothing can come to fruition eventually. I'm sure the Armenian delegation had waited for some kind of miracle to happen, and I'm sure they're actually pretty heartbroken regarding their withdrawal. I hope they will bring their best game at the 2022 contest.
2013 wasn't really the year Armenia did so after their one-year absence, but one can always hope for the best.

A-lister

Veteran
180 turn comments? Where exactly? People have names btw.
And btw, to me this withdrawal is surprising. Thought they would announce it right away.
No one in particular, feel targeted?

I just remember some from the earlier discussions and how certain some were that they'd stay and now not surprised by the withdrawal at all.

That's all really, nothing serious or personal just a little funny observation I did.

John1

i knew it from the very beginning. xqueenbitch
and it's pretty unsafe to assume that they'll be back next year.

Mainshow

Veteran
Sad and disappointing but we did see this coming, didn't we?

I just hope Athena gets her chance 2022 and that Armenia gets some peace and stability again.

On a slight and positive note: Welcome :de:, you will bd part of my Top 40 this year!

A-lister

Veteran
i knew it from the very beginning. xqueenbitch
and it's pretty unsafe to assume that they'll be back next year.

Well, if Russia wins I think they could be back to support their puppet master.

I could also see them back if France or Georgia wins, but then again it depends on the situation. I hope for them that it de-escalates but who knows xshrug

John1

Well, if Russia wins I think they could be back to support their puppet master.

I could also see them back if France or Georgia wins, but then again it depends on the situation. I hope for them that it de-escalates but who knows xshrug
anyone but azerbaijan could make Armenia be willing to be back tbh

A-lister

Veteran
anyone but azerbaijan could make Armenia be willing to be back tbh

Well, not if they're still in a bad situation, I mean they withdraw now don't they? But there are some countries that are, let's say, "more important" to Armenia.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Aww this is a shame, and so late on also. Their entry was great last year and it's sad Athena won't get her shot. No matter, I hope Armenia is back soon after their problems are sorted more.

John1

Well, not if they're still in a bad situation, I mean they withdraw now don't they? But there are some countries that are, let's say, "more important" to Armenia.
sure! i'd love to see hungary and montenegro back, knowing that one withdrew because of a nq (bohohohoho poor girl) and the other withdrew in order to buy off some cars... xrollinglol

Top Bottom