Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

midnightsun

Veteran
Am I the only one who finds this year really underwhelming so far? The last editions were so strong. Anxiously waiting for the rest of the songs!!
I was definitely more disappointed a few times in the past years. 2019 was the worst so far but finally some of the last released ones were pretty good and saved it all for me. I‘m actually pretty pleased with the outcome so far...

Loindici

Veteran
WELCOME

TO

MEGAMARCHPLOSION!!!!

GlamorousMiserlyAmericankestrel-size_restricted.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Fifteen days for twenty seven songs. A slow clap for those who had a full year to prepare their entries and are still working on them now. An even slower clap for those who finished their songs and videos ages ago but are waiting until the very last minute to reveal them for whatever reason.

Having said that..

200.gif

Ali_

To me it seems a silly move to wait. With so many songs now going to be released around the same time they won't all get as much individual attention as songs released throughout February. I assume the thought process that releasing early means people will get bored/forget about it but I don't think that really happens.

midnightsun

Veteran
I even think it’s the opposite. The earlier the song release the more people have the chance to listen to it. Eurovision isn’t only about winning. It’s also about record sales and click numbers so it is actually wise to release a song as early as possible.

Yes, some songs will lose its charme over the weeks but at Eurovision grand night it’s all forgotten and let’s not forget the viewers who are watching the songs for the first time, it’s still a huge group.

I can only imagine some countries are waiting which songs are trending in fandom and trying to copy them OR avoid a similar song.

Loindici

Veteran
I can only imagine some countries are waiting which songs are trending in fandom and trying to copy them OR avoid a similar song.

Why do I feel it's possible, though? *ehm Senhit ehm*

Loindici

Veteran

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
IM SO HAPPY FOR SCENARIO B!!

I WANNA SEE CRAZY CAMERAWORK AND UNNECESSARY FIREWORKS AND FIRE IN ENTRIES THAT SIMPLY DONT NEED THEM.

giphy.gif

Loindici

Veteran
We can finally confirm that our first big event of Megamarchplosion will be held on March 4!

MEGAMARHCPLOSION 1 : March 4
We will witness the release of four songs:
:md: "Sugar" by Natalia Gordienko
:be: "The Wrong Place" by Hooverphonic
:ro: the entry by Roxen
:nl: the entry by Jeangu Macrooy

Also our mini firecracker event will be held on March 5, featuring :rs: Hurricane and their song "Loco Loco"!

Get your pyrotechniques ready! See you there!

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Roxen's is allegedly called 'Alone' but this is just hearsay for the moment being.

(not alien as inferred by others in the thread. 'aliens' is the nickname she gives to her fans)

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
We can finally confirm that our first big event of Megamarchplosion will be held on March 4!

MEGAMARHCPLOSION 1 : March 4
We will witness the release of four songs:
:md: "Sugar" by Natalia Gordienko
:be: "The Wrong Place" by Hooverphonic
:ro: the entry by Roxen
:nl: the entry by Jeangu Macrooy

Also our mini firecracker event will be held on March 5, featuring :rs: Hurricane and their song "Loco Loco"!

Get your pyrotechniques ready! See you there!
I’m ready for some Loco-Loco Sugar.

MAD20

If this week both Belgian and Romanian entries are superb, we could already say semi 1 is going to be one of the hardest to decide which countries will qualify and which won't. Among the songs already released I have 6 potential qualifiers, and we have yet to hear Sweden, Russia and Azerbaijan entries, that are countries that whatever they send (mostly) qualify. This makes me be afraid of Ireland and Croatia, whose songs this year are far more competitive than in previous years...

Ezio

Veteran
If this week both Belgian and Romanian entries are superb, we could already say semi 1 is going to be one of the hardest to decide which countries will qualify and which won't. Among the songs already released I have 6 potential qualifiers, and we have yet to hear Sweden, Russia and Azerbaijan entries, that are countries that whatever they send (mostly) qualify. This makes me be afraid of Ireland and Croatia, whose songs this year are far more competitive than in previous years...

I like those kind of semis though. The more a song stands out, the higher the chances to go the final. A catchy bop won't cut it amongst many, while there are unique selling proponents for hard-rock. Christian, Satanism and so on.

Still one of my proudest moments when Cesar Sampson sailed through with his gospel bop from Semi 1 2018 when Internet was like, meh, borderline.

Looren

Veteran
Am I the only one who finds this year really underwhelming so far? The last editions were so strong. Anxiously waiting for the rest of the songs!!

Well actually I like 11 entrys out of 14 so I find this edition pretty strong so far

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Semi 1 is always going to be a Red Wedding-esque massacre. I'm surprised it's still so open though. Literally anyone (except for maybe Israel) can qualify and only Sweden and Lithuania are guaranteed finalists rn.

Top Bottom