I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel

Sorry

I really don't care (ah, ah-ah) that you want to bash me (ah-ah, ah-ah)
Do it with flair and I'll let you be (I'll let you be common Eileen)
But don't you dare (don't you dare), mmm, to get angry (to get angry)
When you realize those words just don't hit me
What?

'Cause I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find anothеr way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wigglе with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel hate

Sorry

I really don't mind (ah, ah-ah) to be your rival (ah-ah, ah-ah)
'Cause for your kind it's essential for survival (say what? He did not just say that)
Yes, I did (yes, I did), and I feel sorry (so sorry)
I don't feel hate, that's the whole point of this song (that's the song)
I guess you need patronization as some kind of validation
You won't cope with the frustration that your random me-fixation
Is another affirmation that you're just a hateful person
Who's not really better than me

Tap break, uh

I don't feel hate (don't feel hate)
I just feel sorry (I just feel sorry)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (wear me down)
Meine Damen und Herren
But I don't feel hate (no, no, no)
Das war's mit "I Don't Feel Hate"
I just feel sorry (just feel sorry)
Ich hoffe, Sie haben noch ein derbe nices Leben, und bis bald
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel hate (no, no, no, no)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (don't wear me down)
But I don't feel hate (I don't feel hate)
So you can wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel​

Last edited by a moderator:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I will say this for the song: I think a good result is not out of the question. I think it's entirely possible that this gets a really, really big televote haul from the very youngest viewers and gets carried to a solid score, particularly from the parts of the continent where Eurovision airs earlier in the evening.

I'll try not to let my harebrained scheme for how this could do well if everything falls perfectly into place get in the way of the one positive I have for this, which is that Germany deserve some props for the courage to send something so thoroughly destined for a flop.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
What's the chance of Germany not finishing bottom five this year though. I feel like it will be slaughtered by the juries
Depends entirely on the stage show, which: wat. on. earth. @ having the Lithuanian choreographer, the one who appears on stage with the Roop and in their postcard do the staging. Yeah there's absolutely zero collusion there at all, completely SAFE to put everything in the hands of a person who benefits directly from torpedo'ing your chances.

Placementwise, I am vibing a good result with the audience and a merely so-so result with juries. So... between 6th and 15th, is my guess.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I merely spoilt that I'm not booting ... :no: next :-)
Noooooo not one of the only two bad-in-my-unimportant-opinion entries still left on your ranking making it to the top 14 :LOL:

midnightsun

Veteran
Jendrik said, it's not the victory that is important to him but spreading the messages. Of course. That's exactly what I would have expected.

So, apart from him or the song, the fact that makes me happy the most is that Germany doesn't take itself too seriously with a bland song, doesn't aim for victory but rather takes the chance in pandemic times that are awful for everybody to support an important message.

In a time where everyone is frustrated and sad it's the most clever move they could do. We know we won't probably win anyway no matter which song so why waste an important possibility to reach millions of viewers.

I get why people don't like the song musicwise. I'm not a friend of the ukulele either and if this song was sung by an ordinary man with lyrics that were about love or break-up or whatever lyrics are mostly about, I would definitely not hype the song as much.
But the whole package is great in so many ways. I also love the Stefan Raab moments in between from happy pop to rock. There's some energy that clicks with me.

Lindon

It's Germany's best humor-entry since
Guildo Horn and
Lena Meyer-Landrut-Forster-Ćwiertnia
👏👏👏

mauve

Veteran

I think this site is quite interesting:

The song alone is at the 3th place from the bottom, along with the video though on the 5th place of the top.

There are categories like stunning (3rd place behind Lithuania and France), polarizing character (2nd). Putting everything together, he lands on the 7th place.

Mainshow

Veteran
That's what you call polarizing! xheat
Indeed and to be honest, I'm really happy about this fact. This is so much better than submitting entries which are solid but very forgettable.

I mean, I still hate it and I think that my feelings concerning this piece are justified but I'm really looking forward to seeing it in May now. Poliarising entries are so much better since one can be sure that they still have a few fans voting for it. Germany is very memorable this time and that's a huge advantage. I still wish it would have been with an entry I can fully support, though.

Btw, I saw a Screenshot last night in which someone texted Jendrik personally, calling him a faggot and that his song sucks and he shouldn't compete in Eurovision... This is such a low move. Disgusting and unacceptable.
It's okay to dislike/hate songs but attacking artists like that is just vile, horrible and disgusting. I felt so bad for Jendrik when I saw that message. He doesn't deserve that level of hate since he's a very likeable, charming, respectful guy.

mauve

Veteran
That's the thing I saw on FB - a horrible message but Jendrik's reply was a good one!
FB-IMG-1614332018142.jpg
I really like the way he answered. I can fully understand people not liking the song at all. Funny entries are not everybody's thing. And I can also see that people think that this song is messy with too many elements being put together. I love it for that actually. It sounds surreal, provocative and just wonderful to me. I doubt he will recive many Jury points (if any then maybe for the message, not the song itself), but I can see him receiving some televote points. The song is daring and it's better than sending a song you soon forget. :)

GermanBango

What`s with the obsession over that Ben guy though? I really don`t get it. Just another basic straight white boi without personality and a song he had zero connection to. :rolleyes:

People are just wild man. Harassing an artist because you don`t like their work is just pathetic af.

Top Bottom