Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

LontraCanadensis

I think it's kinda juvenile to say that any criticism of "Fallen Angel" boils down to just bitterness over Keiino losing. I believe it can magnify any dislike that people would've already had towards the song, but I don't think this song was really gonna go anywhere with the general fanbase. It's reminded a lot of people of the boyband or male artist cheesy love songs of the late 90s/early 2000s which really isn't an extremely popular era for let's say...my fellow hunties. Between the lyrics lacking any inherent depth (for me) despite aiming to provide emotion, the blaring, nondescript backing track, it being a ballad, and the whiny(?) tone to his voice, there isn't much to grab onto. This my just be due to my personal disdain for that time in music, but I don't begrudge anyone who genuinely likes the song. Everyone is of different strokes and experiences. That being said, the stick-shift key change is absolutely abhorrent.

(Also I think it should be said, especially if you're upset "Fallen Angel" is being critiqued for Keiino's benefit...that you don't have to trash "Monument" lol)

hijirio

Veteran
Those who question Monument's originality....
internet-meme-girl-joseph-ducreux-pol-confused.jpg

Sorry but, how many schlager-joik songs have you heard in your life? Has this genre ever been trending in the world without my knowledge? lmao
Please share with me similiar songs, if you know. Cuz i'm living for it lol

Keiino by default is a very original concept. I mean, come on.

Franzilein

Catchy song, ridiculous staging. And I love everything about that. Ten points.

FilipFromSweden

It's just really unmemorable, it's not bad but it's not even close to good. This will not be a finalist

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
It's really sad (although not at all surprising unfortunately) to see the reception that TIX is receiving from the fandom, not that I've delved particularly deep elsewhere as I don't like to torture myself with things like Youtube's comments section and *shudders* Twitter. At the same time though, those happy with the results gleefully fanning the flames of those who are upset never helps. It just makes things worse. There's such a thing as a bad winner. Don't be one. I think TIX and KEiiNO would be mortified to see how people are behaving over them. KEiiNO graciously accepted defeat and congratulated TIX who seemed so moved and overwhelmed by everything. It was actually a really lovely moment.

We could all (including myself) do with being a little bit kinder and less dramatic when it comes to this contest. I know we naturally get passionate but we've got to remember that at the end of it all these are real people with feelings, and they don't deserve to be piled on with such malice. Taken from TIX's wikipedia:

"Besides his music career, Andreas is a mental health openness advocate, and has shared his experiences with suffering from Tourette syndrome, loneliness and suicidal thoughts."

I might not be into his song yet but I like him. TIX seems a good guy and he's achieved something special here. No one has a right to try and spitefully spoil that moment even if we believe an incorrect decision was made. I understand the frustration felt (I'm a Brit so I know what it feels like to have your country make puzzling choices) but you give people a vote and you've then got to accept the decisions that are made, and it's always better to do it with a bit of grace.

He also co-wrote "Sweet but Psycho" which is a big bop, shame he couldn't write one of the same caliber for himself.

He seems like a nice guy, I wanted to like his song, but ultimately it's a mess a la Tom Leeb or Blas (likeable artist, tragedy entry) so there's not much I can do about that. Most (well except that former-foot-fungus-avatar guy) people here commented about the song, within or outside the context of KEiiNO losing to it and I don't really see how the reaction is sad. Now Twitter on the other hand..but that's a pandora's box with any NF.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Love these kind of reactions. Honest, objective, truthful, factual.. it's a bad song to say the least. He is legitimate competitor like everyone else and i won't treat him any differently than any other singer. Btw, most reactions are like this one. I will judge the song, not him and what he says in personal life.

MalagaToledo

Banned
It is ironic how ticks fans were enjoying to bring down keeino when they lost to ticks and now they are sending tweets like guys, please don't send hate to ticks. Like, really, just couple hours before they were sending nasty comments to keeino.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
He also co-wrote "Sweet but Psycho" which is a big bop, shame he couldn't write one of the same caliber for himself.

He seems like a nice guy, I wanted to like his song, but ultimately it's a mess a la Tom Leeb or Blas (likeable artist, tragedy entry) so there's not much I can do about that. Most (well except that former-foot-fungus-avatar guy) people here commented about the song, within or outside the context of KEiiNO losing to it and I don't really see how the reaction is sad. Now Twitter on the other hand..but that's a pandora's box with any NF.

I didn't specifically mean here to be honest. Sorry if it looked that way. Just the explosion everywhere that happens when a big NF favourite gets beaten by an underdog. Should have made that more clear in my post. I skimmed Wiwibloggs, looked at TIX's Youtube like to dislike ratio, read a few mean, uncalled for, incredibly OTT comments which I had to stop myself from looking at. The exact same thing happened in Finland last year after Aksel beat Erika. It makes you feel really embarrassed as a fan.

What's most surprising to me though is how people didn't see TIX's win coming. The writing was on the wall from week one that it was incredibly likely he'd at the very least defeat KEiiNO considering the commercial success of his song in his own country + add on top of that his general popularity. Everyone was like "oh no impossible". People work themselves up into a frenzy of "this is the best song I LOVE THIS SONG it has to win THERE'S NO OTHER OPTION". Life's easier as a Eurovision fan when you stop doing that. Maybe I've just had too many disappointments over the years though that it comes naturally to me now. I just did a shoulder shrug last night after the results because I had realistic expectations, as much as I loved KEiiNO and Jorn's songs.

And the day Twitter goes up in a puff of smoke will be a glorious day for humanity 🚮

lacrymea

My last nights reaction the performance and results are finally up.

Loved your reaction. As always. It was obvious you were secretly hoping Tix would take it, but not wanting to get your hopes high, as it was unlikely 😁. And his reaction is in fact an awwww moment. So endearing.

MalagaToledo

Banned
In 2016 norway last time failed to qualify. I honestly can't see that esc fans would spend their Money to vote for Norwegians ticks Fällen Angel. And i also definitely can't see jurry voting for this. But i assume results are not important for Norwegians so no worries.

Maybe he could get some pity points.

Top Bottom