• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Put your middle fingers up
Take a shot, throw it up and don't stop
I'm, I'm, I'm living that life on the dark side

Every psycho in the scene
Hands up and follow me saying (hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo)
Empire of the freaks, all drinks on me

Just another night in my pitch black paradise
Don't wanna cry, so I gotta get paralyzed
My body is my weapon, so I keep it loaded
'Til I'm all over the place like my head exploded
Don't waste your prayers, they can't save us
Lifestyles of the sick and dangerous

Likе the 27 Club, headshot
We don't wanna grow up
I'm, I'm, I'm living that lifе on the dark side
Life on the dark side

Empire of the freaks, all drinks on me

I'm in a cave of man-made misery
Digging a grave for myself and my enemies
Of all the dark things that keep me wasted
You're the sweetest I've ever tasted

Like the 27 Club, headshot
We don't wanna grow up
Life on the dark side

Just another night in my pitch black paradise
Don't wanna cry so I gotta get paralyzed
Don't waste your prayers, they can't save us
Lifestyles of the sick and dangerous

Like the 27 Club, headshot
We don't wanna grow up
Life on the dark side

Empire of the freaks, all drinks on me​

Last edited by a moderator:

Schlagerman1

Alright... "Kelle Mä Soitan" is actually a nice song as well, I really like the build up in this and it fits her voice great. The song is a typical ESC-ballad, but musically it is really exciting, and goes unexpected ways. It does give me some shivers towards the end.

Well, I still have Blind Channel as my number one, but from what was a 75% chance of a win, it has probably decreased quite a lot since Iltas song entered the race. This might end up being very exciting and nothing is certain until the final performances.

Zonne147

xup
Oksr - Lie
Aksel - Hurt
Teflon Brothers x Pandora - I Love You

Ilta - Kelle mä soitan

xthink
Danny - Sinä päivänä kun kaikki rakastaa mua
Laura - Play

:(
Blind Channel - Dark Side

I think this is my least NF so far (and by far). The songs in green all miss something in my point of view, "I Love You" would have been my clear favorite if it wasn't for the verses, Oskr and Aksel have nice ballads and Ilta has brought something very competitive, but something is missing in every song in my opinion.

Danny and Laura are just ok for me, and it seems I'm in the clear minority when it comes to Blind Channel. I consider myself as a very open person when it comes to genres, I like many symphonic rock and metal and I have also liked Softengine, Minus One, Adrian & Bledar (all in my top 10 of their years) but I can't really appreciate this song, except for the chorus. Personally, It's just too shouty and noisy and too spoken in the verses.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
and the last song is an insipid death ballad. Great.

:7: Blind Channel - "Dark Side" - A decent metal entry, could use some more power; Perhaps the live will surprise us.
:7: Teflon Brothers & Pandora - "I love you" - Cheesy and silly, but enjoyable, which cannot be said for...

:5: Laura - "Play" - Laura, girl, what are you doing entering with Y2K radio pop filler... for the second time in a row? Is this a ploy to get fame in Finland? Honey, if *that*'s the best you got, you might as well become a bank teller.

:4: Ilta - "Kelle ma soitan" - boring death ballad #1
:4: Danny - "Sinä päivänä kun kaikki rakastaa mua" - boring death ballad #2

:3: OSKR - Lie - Get the Salvaduncans
:3: Aksel - "Hurt" - Outta here.

Garbage NF. If neither I love you nor Dark Side make it, it'll be shyte. (AND an NQ... which isn't to say a qualification is guaranteed even IF they pick either of aforementioned.)

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
bloody WORD @ ESCTurkey by giving OSKR and Aksel blisteringly low scores. The Salvaduncans of the Euroverse (you know the type: claims to be 'a sad boi'', thrive on your collective pity and guilt, but can sustain a musical career due to their upper middle class privilege, dilute music to mere 'emotions' as if it's an 'art' when in reality that's music in its most basic, unevolved form) must be D E S T R O Y E D.

can't wait for Monument to win esc and cast them all down :-)
i love you

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
The song's video has been reuploaded, please help it going back to the number of views it had before:

Mainshow

Veteran
Not gonna lie... "Kelle mä soitan" could become my favourite entry from Finland since "Blackbird".

Mrm

Veteran
It's quite nice entry in studio version..not among my faves, but it has it's charm, I think it will be quite difficult to sing it live..but we will see..

Based on studio versions I rank like this till now:

1. Aksel - "Hurt" 10/10
2. Danny - "Sinä päivänä kun kaikki rakastaa mua" 10/10
3. Teflon Brothers x Pandora - "I Love You" 9/10
4. Blind Channel - "Dark side" 9/10
5. Oskr - "Lie" 9/10
6. Ilta - "Kelle ma soitan" 8/10
7. Laura - "Play" 2/10
This NF is AWESOME! xbow xheart xlove

Last edited:

Realest

Blind Channel - Dark Side 5.4/10
Ilta - Kelle mä soitan 5.0/10
Teflon Brothers x Pandora - I Love You 3.4/10
Oskr - Lie 3.0/10
Laura - Play 2.1/10
Aksel - Hurt 1.7/10
Danny - Sinä päivänä kun kaikki rakastaa mua 1.3/10

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Nanana

Last edited:
  • Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm

cegs5

So, my scores based on studio version

:12: Danny. The one and only.
:5: Ilta. Potential fadder.
:4: Teflon Brothers x Pandora. Potential grower.
:3: Aksel, Oskr and Laura.
:1: Blind Channel. They perhaps have the better chance to do well in ESC and apparently, the favourite... time will tell.

I don’t think Aksel should win just because he lost the chance to represent Finland after winning last year. While I can see why for some of you it’s about justice, at the same time I think it will be unfair for this year’s contestants. YLE didn’t internally select Aksel, their bad, but we can’t serve justice at the expenses of other artists. I hope people won’t vote for Aksel just because of that.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
This is going to sound like a weird comment, but if you took "Kelle mä soitan" and gave it an electronic uptempo backing track, maybe something trance-y or summat, I genuinely think you'd have something worth not just giving it to Aksel for. As is, eh, just give it to Aksel.

Loindici

Veteran
This is going to sound like a weird comment, but if you took "Kelle mä soitan" and gave it an electronic uptempo backing track, maybe something trance-y or summat, I genuinely think you'd have something worth not just giving it to Aksel for. As is, eh, just give it to Aksel.

or YLE can rapidly put Carola into contract and release her self-written song about Jebus xqueenbitch

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Seriously though! This song has almost everything it needs except a kickass production. Something like Rezarta Smaja's "Në zemër" or the final minute of our fave "Vetmi." I like the vocalist, I like the melody, Finnish is great. The production is just very plodding.

or YLE can rapidly put Carola into contract and release her self-written song about Jebus xqueenbitch

I mean...never going to say no to this.

(God, was that 2018? 2017, maybe even? Most iconic rumor-that-never-was in Esk history.)

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Seriously though! This song has almost everything it needs except a kickass production. Something like Rezarta Smaja's "Në zemër" or the final minute of our fave "Vetmi." I like the vocalist, I like the melody, Finnish is great. The production is just very plodding.
vetmi was so robbed!!!!!! that last minute is better thhn several careers xcry

i hope someone does a trance remix of Ilta's song then (will i try to make one despite never making any music before? i wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

BorisBubbles

Veteran
if you took "Kelle mä soitan" and gave it an electronic uptempo backing track, maybe something trance-y or summat, I genuinely think you'd have something worth

this is basically how good music is made, 101.

edit: doesn't even have to be electronic or uptempo! all it needs is a motherfucking beat.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Now we have all the songs I can rank them. xo

Much xheat to be had

Quite Wonderful

Ilta - Kelle mä soitan

Decent Enough
Teflon Brothers x Pandora - I Love You
Blind Channel - Dark Side

Kinda Eh tbh
Oskr - Lie
Danny - Sinä päivänä kun kaikki rakastaa mua
Laura - Play
Aksel - Hurt

Some mess I don't want to hear again

Ok so there is worse NF selections out there and none of the songs are just straight out right horribly bad in anyway, just it's a very filler middle of the road NF. Ilta has the clear best song from this selection imo, The Finnish language, mixed with the build really sets it for me, it's a lovely song and if done well I think could look great live. I think I Love You or Dark Side will probably win though as they stand out, and I wouldn't be sad about that although i'd prefer Dark Side over I Love You.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I sort of like Kelle mä soitan but I'm unsure how much and what's holding me back. The strained but powerful big notes do have something behind them. You could almost say it's like a Finnish Undo if you wanted to do lazy comparisons, and I think I will cause I don't know how else to describe it. For now it's a decent attempt, if also incredibly predictable.

1. Teflon Brothers x Pandora - I Love You 9/10
A super earworm that's only held back by the ridiculously repetitive lyrcs. It's certainly bouncy and I do enjoy it very much. Trouble is that it's not quite in the same league as previous UMK super hits: Cicciolina and Draamaa.

2. Danny - Sinä päivänä kun kaikki rakastaa mua 8/10
Lovely warm song but to enjoy it in full you either need to be able to understand Finnish or have a visual experience with it involving the subtitles. It also sorely needs a longer climax.

3. Ilta - Kelle mä soitan 6/10
Decent but we'll need a live performance with this one to know what it's capable of.

4. Laura - Play 5/10
Distinctly average. Not much more really to say. Laura's charisma saves it a bit.

5. Aksel - Hurt 5/10
Better than last year's offering and this man really should be going to ESC in 2021. #TeamAksel cause it's the right thing.

6. Blind Channel - Dark Side 3/10
Whiney and watered down stuff with some really cringe-inducing lyrics. It's also probably your most competitive bet for Eurovision providing no one else goes for a rock entry.

7. Oskr - Lie 2/10
6372e4aa4ae8b0cb8bc086c8c9f1a154.gif

With this lineup it almost feels like those in charge are doing everything they can for Aksel not to win again. He's got very direct competition in the form of Oskr. Danny will be snatching some votes from older viewers. Ilta now adds a fourth slower song to the mix. If voters want something with a bit of energy, they're left with two choices. Blind Channel and Teflon X Pandora are in a good position to win this, especially with the reduced jury input. Both are niche, however at least in the case of Dark Side's song, it's doing everything that it can to make itself accessible. I still wouldn't like to call it all though at this point. Only Laura's entry feels entirely hopeless. I think considering our whole situation right now, Danny's entry might hit people harder than we think it will. I'd place my bets on his song being the dark horse.

Last edited:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Top Bottom