11 9.7%

7 6.2%

11 9.7%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Croatia-scaled.jpg

Phoenix

I believe that this one would have at least qualify!

Nah, not in 2019 at least. I did like her though, that girl deserved a better song than that mess they gave her.
Croatia '10s:
:2: Feminem - Lako je sve; Overrated af, never understood why it was so liked.
:5: Daria - Celebrate; Iconic for all the wrong reasons, but I never could bring myself to hate it.
:1: Nina Badrić - Nebo; Tuneless dirge.
:4: Klapa s Mora . Mižerja; It's ok for what it is, just not for this contest.
:10: Nina Kraljić - Lighthouse; Watching this go from 'early fan favorite' to 'dead on arrival' was really painful. I felt violated and battered, thank you HRT.
:6: Jacques - My friend; A performance!
:5: Franka - Crazy; I actually like this more than the score would suggest, it just wasn't a good choice for the ESC.
:2: Roko - The Dream; Nice set of pipes, the song was nowhere to be found though.

Citelis

Nah, not in 2019 at least. I did like her though, that girl deserved a better song than that mess they gave her.
Croatia '10s:
:2: Feminem - Lako je sve; Overrated af, never understood why it was so liked.
:5: Daria - Celebrate; Iconic for all the wrong reasons, but I never could bring myself to hate it.
:1: Nina Badrić - Nebo; Tuneless dirge.
:4: Klapa s Mora . Mižerja; It's ok for what it is, just not for this contest.
:10: Nina Kraljić - Lighthouse; Watching this go from 'early fan favorite' to 'dead on arrival' was really painful. I felt violated and battered, thank you HRT.
:6: Jacques - My friend; A performance!
:5: Franka - Crazy; I actually like this more than the score would suggest, it just wasn't a good choice for the ESC.
:2: Roko - The Dream; Nice set of pipes, the song was nowhere to be found though.
At least we agree that ''Lighthouse'' was great!

LastDreamer

Banned
:8: : Daria Kinzer - Celebrate (2011) xheart
:7: : Feminnem - Lako Je Sve (2010)
:5: : Nina Badric - Nebo (2012)
:4: : Roko - The Dream (2019)
:4: : Klapa S Mora - Mizerja (2013)
:3: : Franka - Crazy (2018)
:3: : Nina Kraljic - Lighthouse (2016)
:3: : Jacques Houdek - My Friend (2017)

LastDreamer

Banned
My least favourite :hr: entries are piece of shit "Moja Stikla" and very overrated "Marija Magdalena".

Last edited:

EscGeek

Veteran
Cancel Dora and send Lana Jurčević! This is in english, 3 minutes long and released in January. I wonder if it's a Dora reject xthink. If it is, then people at HRT responisble for eurovision are even more out of touch than we think.

Yazy

The thing about ToB is that the title of the song sounds more promising than the song itself. So, many people (me included) were hyped just for the title alone and were blind to the fact that the song sounds rather cheap and that the chorus is ripped straight from Pirates of the Caribbean.

But lets be frank: she still was the right choice, not Roko. Majority of the ESC community would be down for her.

Citelis

''Sveta ljubav'' is my favorite Croatian entry and generally in 90s Croatia was really amazing. Not sure what went wrong after that but 90s Croatia was one of the best coutnries in Eurovision and you can see that in the results.

Phoenix

''Sveta ljubav'' is my favorite Croatian entry and generally in 90s Croatia was really amazing. Not sure what went wrong after that but 90s Croatia was one of the best coutnries in Eurovision and you can see that in the results.

It's my favorite too, love how carefree it sounds.

What went wrong? I'll give you my perspective, others may agree or disagree. It will be long and possibly dramatic :mrgreen:

I bet it seems puzzling to outsiders how Croatia went from a credible ESC nation to shit tier and decided to remain there, but I'm quite sure that every Croatian ESC fan damn well knows how uninspired and bland our music scene is and that the chances of getting a good Croatian entry (especially from a Croatian producer) are very slim.

It was different in the '90s, there was a lot of good music, there was variety and it all seemed up to date with the then-current trends. It remained so in the first few years in the new millennium, but then this very basic pop-rock sound took over and it's the sound we're stuck with to this day. Nothing has evolved in the last 15 years! This music was produced by a bunch of very mediocre producers that are still doing it today. Apart from being mediocre, they were also very pretentious, insisting that it's a very "urban" sound, usually opposed to turbo-folk which was also gaining momentum. When Croatia started seriously flopping in the contest there never was a discussion that perhaps we should make better, contemporary, music, nope, the narrative was "we are too good for this crap". The nerve!!

The final nail in the coffin was when social media took over at the beginning of the past decade and music became much more accessible. Serbia made a huge shift towards a contemporary sound, started making trendy music with high budget videos that appealed to the younger generations and that made the country a key player on the regional scene when it comes to dictating what's popular. In the meantime, nothing much happened in Croatia and the radio, in turn, decided to cling to the same sound ever so tightly, unwilling to change and still trying to pass that as "class".

Last year's Dora felt fresh mostly because of new names and foreign producers. I hope this continues this year, but with better songs. Nina was criticized a lot that Lighthouse wasn't a Croatian song, but imho that is a good route for success until something really interesting happens.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
The running order for Dora 2020:
  1. Elis Lovrić – Jušto
  2. Bojan Jambrošić – Više od riječi
  3. Edi Abazi – Coming Home
  4. Zdenka Kovačiček – Love, Love, Love
  5. Alen Vitasović & Božidarka Marija Čerina – Da se ne zatare
  6. Đana – One
  7. Aklea Neon – Zovi ju mama
  8. Nikola Marjanović – Let’s Forgive
  9. Lorenzo feat. Dino Purić & Reper iz sobe – Vrati se iz Irske
  10. Marin Jurić Čivro – Naivno
  11. Lorena Bućan – Drowning
  12. Indira – You Will Never Break My Heart
  13. Jure Brkljača – Hajde nazovi me!
  14. Colonia – Zidina
  15. Mia Negovetić – When It Comes To You
  16. Damir Kedžo – Divlji vjetre

Mrm

Veteran
I have a feelin' Indira Levak's song will blow us away.. :eek:

I lowkey, want rumors, HRT is rigging this for Indira, to be true.. :p

Mrm

Veteran
@Gera11

Her entry is written by 'Toy"'s songwriter.. :p
Yet she is so 90s, I want that combo for Rotterdam.. xheat

Mrm

Veteran
I have some feelings @RainyWoods will be here for a Balkan Superstar Indira!

Who wouldn't want a song with title "You Will Never Break My Heart" in Rotterdam! xheat

Just name me one person.. xqueenbitch

Mrm

Veteran
And of course 76 years old LEGEND Zdenka Kovacicek is here to battle Indira for gold with song "Love love love"! xheat

Zdenka_Kovacicek_Bundek_Zagreb_06102012_2_roberta_f.jpg

nyTk9lMaHR0cDovL29jZG4uZXUvaW1hZ2VzL3B1bHNjbXMvTXprN01EQV8vZDA3YTIwZjZlNTY3YTIwODUyNzc0M2MyZGJjZWZmYWEuanBlZ5GTAs0CgACBAAE

zdenka-kovacicek-RAFF.jpg

DORA is shooting form all guns in 2020! xbow

Top Bottom