8 7.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Slovenia-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hijirio

Veteran
Is there any other choice? I think it's the time already.
xcheer Daniela the Queen for 2020 xcheer

Alaska49

no raiven next year please. this year was too much for her and for us. she needs a multiple year break for slovenia to realize what they are missing and clamour for her return.

meanwhile, BQL WIN THIS ALREADY GOD DAMN IT

tuorem

Whoever takes part next year, I hope there'll be options as interesting as "Sebi" and "KAOS". That's all I ask. If the ten-acts-and-two-superfinalists format remains, then I trust RTVSLO to unearth and push the most musically-layered efforts since I've been disappointed by their choice only once so far (hello "On My Way"). And it seems it paid off over the past two years.

It's a given Maraaya will send several songs as usual, but they better do better than decent demos, rip-offs and self-repliquas. If BQL were to try again, they might as well not show up if it's not at least as good as "Peru" as far as I'm concerned. They could be fitting representatives, but a little originality never hurt anybody, they deserve more than the generic songs they previously competed with imo.

John1

Whoever takes part next year, I hope there'll be options as interesting as "Sebi" and "KAOS". That's all I ask. If the ten-acts-and-two-superfinalists format remains, then I trust RTVSLO to unearth and push the most musically-layered efforts since I've been disappointed by their choice only once so far (hello "On My Way"). And it seems it paid off over the past two years.

It's a given Maraaya will send several songs as usual, but they better do better than decent demos, rip-offs and self-repliquas. If BQL were to try again, they might as well not show up if it's not at least as good as "Peru" as far as I'm concerned. They could be fitting representatives, but a little originality never hurt anybody, they deserve more than the generic songs they previously competed with imo.

Hey, I didn't expect :sl: to snap as much as they did over the past two years. However, in order to slay us all even harder, they need to select Raiven next time. Unless she gets an entry similar to Kaos and less epic than Zazarim (I'm still bitter regarding the fact that she got beaten by Om*r N*b*r).

hijirio

Veteran

tuorem

No doubt! Instant dress changes, bedazzling catwalks xheat xheat

We had the fans (aka Natalia Vodianova and Bar Rafaeli) hosting in the past, now we want the star. xheat

And she voted for nineteen countries in the grand final this year xqueenbitch True eurofan spotted.

Alaska49

Can we have a national final with just Raiven in it?!
honestly with the aftermath of this year's EMA they'd find a way to make her lose that too. after this year's vidbir anything is possible. raiven really needs a 2 or 3 year cooldown for people to miss her. #maribor2024

tuorem

Last week, Emaevrovizija posted on Instagram a picture of their qualified acts since the semis were introduced.

hAJiIZ1.jpg

That's not a lot, but the cast is flawless imo xlove

In another post, they asked people if they preferred entries to be in English or in Slovene (since Lea & Zalasper qualified), and they liked a comment that said "language doesn't matter if the song is good, but I personally root for Slovene". :) I do hope they''ll keep offering us songs in Slovene tbh, for they proved through their efforts in recent years native languages and contemporary music aren't antinomic.

Apart from "On My Way", RTVSLO have always made the right choices imo, so I trust them. Fingers crossed for original songs (keep pushing them boundaries guys!), I'm living for their refreshing trend since 2018 xpray Unlike Estonia, they realised that they don't necessarily have to turn to the hit maker we all know (Stig Rästa = Maraaya) to go somewhere.

Since I expect the current EMA format to remain as is - and Slovenians don't always know what's the best option for them (no shade... but shade since we avoided "Fridays"... I said what I said.) - I count on their dear broadcaster to pick two viable choices again for the superfinal. Zalasper will probably be a part of the selection, that's become a tradition :) I hope they'll come through taste-wise. I want another deserved qualification in 2020.

Don't ever consider failing me, because I'm so very hurt when I can't stan you. xcry1

LastDreamer

Banned
Usually I like :sl:, but last entry was awful.

Citelis

:sl: is my 4th favorite country of the decade. ''Sebi'' wasn't that bad but Slovenia has sent far better songs this decade like ''Here for you'' and ''Blue and red''.

JohnyKaz

Despite not being my cup of tea Sebi was a nice and sweet song and I can confidently say that it's my favorite slovenian entry since Maja in 2011. We should also point out that if it were up to the televoters Slovenia would have gotten its best result ever at 11th place.

Citelis

Despite not being my cup of tea Sebi was a nice and sweet song and I can confidently say that it's my favorite slovenian entry since Maja in 2011. We should also point out that if it were up to the televoters Slovenia would have gotten its best result ever at 11th place.

Slovenia's best ever result is 7th and they got it twice. In 1995 and in 2001.

JohnyKaz

Slovenia's best ever result is 7th and they got it twice. In 1995 and in 2001.

Yeah but it was 7th out of 23 countries this would have been 11th out of 41 countries.

Citelis

Yeah but it was 7th out of 23 countries this would have been 11th out of 41 countries.

Not sure if i like this logic. I mean a 7th place is always a 7th place no matter how many countries you left behind.

Alaska49

the logic is so obviously correct that it's the one ebu uses for their country top 10 entries videos for the channel. CASE DISMISSED JOHNYKAZ WON.

anyway, my opinion on the slovenian public choices is that i don't have enough information to have an opinion. the superfinal format doesn't give me a true insight on their opinions since they only vote on two of the entries, and regardless, they made the right choice in 2014, 2015, and didn't have a wrong choice to make this year. the two years they did have a more fleshed out format also happened to be the two years BQL participated, so lol we still don't really know what they think since the piletic brothers could blink for 3 minutes and get all the votes (mine included, were i a voter). sure, they fucking put omar naber SECOND in EMA 2017, but otherwise, the televote results in those years weren't horrible.

all we know about the slovenian public is that they fuck it up when raiven is around. thank all the gods for zalagasper, now we know she clearly would have lost to anyone else, and it could have been bad. what i'd need to know if they can be trusted or not is an EMA with the 2017/18 format, without BQL and without raiven. but that can wait, they can just internally select BQL next year ( = use the normal superfinal format and send BQL to the superfinal, as if they could possibly lose it). get them out of the way. let raay rest for once. man is going to run out of ideas stig rasta-style if they don't let him win again lol.

Loindici

Veteran
Raiven would be in legacy with Markus Riva, Samanta Tina, Sanna Nielsen, Lisa Ajax, Wiktoria, and Aiste Pilvelyte.

Do Slovenians despise her? Getting only a quarter of the televote is obviously an issue for her this year. Whether it's because of the experimental song or dislike towards her, I'm intrigued.

Top Bottom