20 10.1%

15 7.5%

16 8.0%

15 7.5%

48 24.1%

• Total voters

AlekS

Veteran
Watching their Eurovision final's pre-show on the First Channel for the lulzs and god knows I've got them.

One TV host from their broadcaster: "They didn't allow her to compete last year. They could have allowed her to sing in the final, for heck's sake!" :eek: :lol:
This is the same TV host who created propahandist docu series about North Korea.

They hinted their televoters to vote for Moldova & Norway.

Oh shit! They slammed Conchita... Some female politician: "a bearded "woman" won but a real girl couldn't qualify!"
"Satanic code is being promoted in Europe!" ZOMG! :lol: xrofl
Big amount of hate against Ukraine from the TV host and guests: "They want to destroy the normal world!" :lol:

Another woman: "Lazarev was the real winner. The real winner didn't win. We will never win. This is biased political contest. Ukraine won with the song about Crimean refugees (Refugees?! WTF! Bitch, it's about Stalin henocide. You can't count? 1944? :lol:)".
Their ESC commentator shut that bitch up! Yas!

Yulia is THE most adequate & sweetest person there btw.
:bg: :ru: Kristian Kostov is there as well.

AlekS

Veteran
Crazy politician pointing at Yuliya & her husband: "This is a woman and a man! Not parent #1 and not parent #2! Not two men! These are the real family values! And this is how it should be" *huge round of applause & cheers in the studio*.

Yulia tried to object: "this is NOT a contest of family values! It's about music" xkiss

Dayum! They simply force me to vote for :ie: :lol:

Realest

This Country tries really everything to destroy its own Reputation more and more and then they cry that nobody likes them xshrug

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watching their TV show on the First Channel dedicated to ESC for the lulzs and god knows I've got them.

One TV host from their broadcaster: "They didn't allow her to compete last year. They could have allowed her to sing in the final, for heck's sake!" :eek: :lol:
This is the same TV host who created propahandist docu series about North Korea.

They hinted their televoters to vote for Moldova & Norway.

Oh shit! They slammed Conchita... Some female politician: "a bearded "woman" won but a real girl couldn't qualify!"
"Satanic code is being promoted in Europe!" ZOMG! :lol: xrofl
Big amount of hate against Ukraine from the TV host and guests: "They want to destroy the normal world!" :lol:

Another woman: "Lazarev was the real winner. The real winner didn't win. We will never win. This is biased political contest. Ukraine won with the song about Crimean refugees (Refugees?! WTF! Bitch, it's about Stalin henocide. You can't count? 1944? :lol:)".
Their commentator shut that bitch down! Yas!

Yulia is THE most adequate & sweetest person there btw.
:bg: :ru: Kristian Kostov is there as well.

I wanna see that. With popcorn.

And subtitles please.

xd

Chorizo

Russia provoked the non-qualification on Yulia's expense. They forced everything upon her to make her look bad. She had no say in anything. Russia probably wanted to ruin her and they succeeded. And Russia hates Europe more than ever, so they have an excuse to withdraw. And EBU will see their viewing figures tumble.

Yulya looks like a tool and she did not get it. I am sorry for her.

Laura and Christabelle just failed on a more voluntary level.

So you feel sorry for her because she is a clueless moron? Is that your point?

Ezio

Veteran
So you feel sorry for her because she is a clueless moron? Is that your point?

I would say naive. She sold her dream to Channel One in exchange for getting ruined for life.

Chorizo

I would say naive. She sold her dream to Channel One in exchange for getting ruined for life.

Maybe they were mad at her for actually insisting on participating this year instead of accepting that they never wanted her to be on the Eurovision stage in the first place. What they brought to the stage just doesn't look like a sincere effort at all. If they really meant to get a decent result, they must be deluded enough to think that they can get away with anything.

Chorizo

That crap on Russian TV makes me think of a bully who punches someone and then complains about the victim because he injured his hand while punching.

Ezio

Veteran
Maybe they were mad at her for actually insisting on participating this year instead of accepting that they never wanted her to be on the Eurovision stage in the first place. What they brought to the stage just doesn't look like a sincere effort at all. If they really meant to get a decent result, they must be deluded enough to think that they can get away with anything.

Sounds legit. She put a lot of public pressure on the TV channel and earned devastation

Realest

11th with the Public......

Quent91

Again, I am SICK of the booings in the room, fucking disrespectful audience. But we don't need to explain more, we perfectly know who are the people booing at Russia everytime they sing on stage/appear on the screen/get points during the voting.

Anyway, Julia placed 11th with the televotes and 17th with the juries, so she wouldn't have passed either way.

Alaska49

flame is burning would have died as hard as this one lmao. don't kid yourselves. this song at least existed.

the people trying to boo Our Future Overlord polina bogusevich were not cute AT ALL though. not only booing any teenager is horrible and heartless, but this is something she will remember when she becomes the eurovision empress the second she turns age eligible for adult eurovision. SAVE YOURSELVES NOW.

toinou03

Indeed. I don't see what was the point to boo Alsou while giving her points... There are way more wicked countries out there, and I don't think that neither Alsou nor Julia Samountainlova commited any crime against humanity...

Carian

I liked Yulia's song last year, and I liked it this year. However, I will be frank and admit that her live performance was rather poor, and I hated staging. I've said immediately after seeing the staging that she wouldn't qualify. However, since I was really disappointed and I try not to spread negativism, I have abstained from making comments.

Next, about 60 pages back in this thread (about two months ago), I have started a couple of harsh "fights" here with people who came here to trash Yulia, not for sake of her song nor anything else related to the act, but only because they have something against Russians. Back then I was accused of spamming and shuting down the debate. So, yesterday, I came here after one months not clicking on this thread. And what do I see? A detailed report about how Russians are discussing Yulia's failure along with all the jucy details such as what homophobic comments were made, what harsh words were said about anyone etc.

Well, guys, allow me to tell you couple of things. Gay hate crime is not a thing of the past in Western Europe either. One can find gay hatred and homophobic comments among the top politicians of the entire Western and Central Europe. Spitting on Russia, booing them for this reason is as stupid as our pretending that we who do not live in Russia live in the perfect, or at least better, world.

Next, the Western and Northern hypocracy is even more disturbing when we look at those boos that go for any non-Western and non-Northern European country that gives out points to their neighbourly country. There were today actually quite a few commentators here who expressed their dissatisfaction with these boos that go in the arena for Balkan countries, Greece and Cyprus, and ex-USSR countries. On the other hand, when Baltics, Scandinavians, and German speaking countries hand out their 12 points to their neighbours, then, the commentators are accompanied by applause. Double standards and hypocracy, if you ask me!

So, guys, while you dance here on Russia's (= Yulia's) corpse out of joy cuz she failed to qualify and take her failure as an excuse to perpetuate the myth of "devilish, homophobic Russia(ns)", let me say that I am much more concerned for the rights of handicaped people in Russia. Yeah, the amount of disapproval which Yulia got from her people based on her disabilities is for me much more worrying issue than gay rights in Russia. You know, gays can still escape Russia if they are healthy, and find a place to live their lives, but handicaped people can't.

I could go on for several more paragraphs, but I will stop here. Why? Because my writing here won't make any difference. However, karma is a b*tch. You know how English say: what goes around comes around. And not one of us should think that we will be spared of negative actions/reactions from people around us if we treat them poorly and with disrespect. My wish is that we would be better people than haters. But I guess, this is only my WISH. Enjoy, guys.

Realest

and German speaking countries hand out their 12 points to their neighbours, then, the commentators are accompanied by applause. Double standards and hypocracy, if you ask me!

In the Opposite to several EX-UDSSR Countries, the german speaking Countries dont have an unfair highpolitical Votingblock who vote for each other nomatter what the Song is. Were objective, neutral and fair and give each other every Amount of Points from 0-12 depending on the Songquality, what the initial Thought of this Musiccontest was supposed to be. Germany totally deserved those 12 Points from Switzerland because it was a musicwise Judgement like the Votinghistory proves. But when Countries like Belarus give ca. 6 in 9 Occasions their 12 Points to Russia even in those years were Russia is faraway from being a Topfavourite (2010 and 14 for example) that it is ridiculous.

Carian

In the Opposite to several EX-UDSSR Countries, the german speaking Countries dont have an unfair highpolitical Votingblock who vote for each other nomatter what the Song is. Were objective, neutral and fair and give each other every Amount of Points from 0-12 depending on the Songquality, what the initial Thought of this Musiccontest was supposed to be. Germany totally deserved those 12 Points from Switzerland because it was a musicwise Judgement like the Votinghistory proves. But when Countries like Belarus give ca. 6 in 9 Occasions their 12 Points to Russia even in those years were Russia is faraway from being a Topfavourite (2010 and 14 for example) that it is ridiculous.

Well, perhaps this German-speaking "block" is not as visible (yet) as Scandinavian-Baltic, but you have to admit that ever since juries were reintroduced, Switzerland, Austria and Germany are no longer as generous with their points for Balkan countries as they used to be. And this is the fact. On the other hand, why no-one boos when Portugal gives 12 points to Spain? Or when Albania gives 12 points to Italy? In the meanwhile, when Italy or Macedonia in the past were giving 12 points to Albania due to the number of Albanians living in the respective countries, then, people in the arena were loudly booing. Even if you minimalize the importance of the "German-speaking block", you know that I am right. Booing comes from the West to the East and from the North to the East, but not vice versa. And then we wonder why Russians are upset and discuss ESC so seriously? I am not surprised, because if my representatives and commentators were treated the way Russian are, I wouldn't want to take part in ESC either - it is simply degrading and humiliating. And this entire thread here makes my point even stronger.

Realest

Well, perhaps this German-speaking "block" is not as visible (yet) as Scandinavian-Baltic, but you have to admit that ever since juries were reintroduced, Switzerland, Austria and Germany are no longer as generous with their points for Balkan countries as they used to be. And this is the fact. On the other hand, why no-one boos when Portugal gives 12 points to Spain? Or when Albania gives 12 points to Italy? In the meanwhile, when Italy or Macedonia in the past were giving 12 points to Albania due to the number of Albanians living in the respective countries, then, people in the arena were loudly booing. Even if you minimalize the importance of the "German-speaking block", you know that I am right. Booing comes from the West to the East and from the North to the East, but not vice versa. And then we wonder why Russians are upset and discuss ESC so seriously? I am not surprised, because if my representatives and commentators were treated the way Russian are, I wouldn't want to take part in ESC either - it is simply degrading and humiliating. And this entire thread here makes my point even stronger.

0,12,8,3,1,7,0, Were the Points Switzerand gave us from 2009-2015.
0+8, 0+3, 12+6 are the Jury+TV-Points Switzerland gave es from 2016-18 with the New System.

Germany gave to Switzerland:
0,0,2,4,0 in the Years 2009, (Semi) 2010 (Semi), 2011,2014, 2015 (Semi)
2+0, 2+0 Points to Switzerland 2016-17 in the Semis (Jury + TV-Points).

Please tell me that there is a german-Speaking Votingblock...

The Reason why Albania often give 12 Points to Italy is because Albanian People love Italian Music and Italy is Main-Travelgoal for Albanian Emmigrants. This is no political. But Belarus and Azerbaijan very often give 12 Points to Russia nomatter how Famous or Unfamous the Russian Artists are and although the Russian Songs are random and have nothing to do with the Country Russia. The Same Song could Represent Netherlands and the belarussian/azeri Juries wouldnt give 12 Points. I mean look at 2004,05,14 and tell me those 12 Points from Belarus to Russia had anything to do with Music..

AlekS

Veteran
So, yesterday, I came here after one months not clicking on this thread. And what do I see? A detailed report about how Russians are discussing Yulia's failure along with all the jucy details such as what homophobic comments were made, what harsh words were said about anyone etc.

Well, guys, allow me to tell you couple of things. Gay hate crime is not a thing of the past in Western Europe either. One can find gay hatred and homophobic comments among the top politicians of the entire Western and Central Europe. Spitting on Russia, booing them for this reason is as stupid as our pretending that we who do not live in Russia live in the perfect, or at least better, world.
Russians (as nationality) discussing her failure or the Russian broadcaster? :rolleyes:

Gay hate crime is not a thing you expect to witness 2 hours before the show at the participating state broadcaster.
All the guests were invited by the broadcaster which knew perfectly whom they invited.
The TV host says what's written in the script.
Did it happen in other countries? Western Europe? Only in Russia and China.

And yes, karma is a b*tch - what goes around comes around. All crimes will be punished whether it's hatred against other countries or even regions, homophobia or covering/defending the offenders.

ps. And it's awesome that Yulia showed us there are people who have guts to disagree with that staged madness.

wtf

Remember what Russia came up with after Mans won? They basically took the concept and levelled it up many times.

Now imagine what happens in 2019 if they see Toy as a perfect winning entry? :lol:

Top Bottom