11 4.6%

8 3.4%

5 2.1%

7 3.0%

25 10.5%

• Total voters

JonnyWest

Re: PORTUGAL 2018

Could have been higher if there wasn't the visit from the Pope and Benfica winning the championship, all in the same day... but this year will be higher for sure :) also those results show that the ratings are way higher when we qualify

YAY 2008 here in Belgrade Arena was the most popular! I have attended it! :)
Vania Fernandes was GREAT live! :)

People were really hopeful we could win that year, way more than with Salvador :p

Miguel

So I finally checked out all the participating composers. The names I am mostly excited for are Bruno Cardoso (Xinobi), Diogo Piçarra, Isaura, Janeiro, Júlio Resende, Mallu Magalhães, and Peter Serrado. I cannot wait to know who the singers are.

Xinobi's song is called "All Over Again", and he descibed it as a song with a "dark, deep, melodic electronic base with a smooth pop outline". The singer is a woman.

Mrm

Veteran

I'm so curious after victory for Portugal, what results they will achieve this time in the final..

anesophie

Portugal will have one of the most amazing national finals ever.

Gisela João, Diogo Piçarra & Agir, Jorge Palma, Bárbara Bandeira, Filipa Azevedo (ESC 2010), João Pedro Pais, Tomás Adrião (The Voice 2017), Emmy Curl, Mónica Ferraz, Rita Guerra (ESC 2003) and Carolina Deslandes are amongst of the 26 artists.

DanielLuis

Portugal will have one of the most amazing nationals finals ever.

Gisela João, Diogo Piçarra & Agir, Jorge Palma, Bárbara Bandeira, Filipa Azevedo (ESC 2010), João Pedro Pais, Tomás Adrião (The Voice 2017), Emmy Curl, Rita Guerra (ESC 2003) and Carolina Deslandes are amongst of the 26 artists.

Where did you see that? :eek:

JonnyWest

Portugal will have one of the most amazing nationals finals ever.

Gisela João, Diogo Piçarra & Agir, Jorge Palma, Bárbara Bandeira, Filipa Azevedo (ESC 2010), João Pedro Pais, Tomás Adrião (The Voice 2017), Emmy Curl, Mónica Ferraz, Rita Guerra (ESC 2003) and Carolina Deslandes are amongst of the 26 artists.

Damn that list is too good to be true :lol:

anesophie

Rui Andrade (FC 2011, 2012 and 2014) will be the singer of one of the composers.
Luís Severo and Darko are part of the list too.

JonnyWest

Rui Andrade (FC 2011, 2012 and 2014) will be the singer of one of the composers.

giphy.gif

No but seriously, I hope he isn't involved :?

elanyvx

SEMIFINAL 1

(Júlio Resende) Catarina Miranda - "Para Sorrir Não Preciso de Nada"
(Benjamim) Joana Espadim - "Zero a Zero"
(Rita Dias) Rita Dias - "Com Gosto Amigo"
(Janeiro) Janeiro - "Oficialmente (sem título)"
(José Cid) José Cid & Gonçalo Tavares - "O Som da Guitarra É a Alma de Um Povo"
(Mallu Magalhães) Beatriz Pessoa - "Eu Te Amo"
(Fernando Tordo) Anabela - "Para Te Dar Abrigo"
(Nuno Rafael) Bruno Vasconcelos - "Austrália"
(Jorge Palma) Rui David - "Sem Medo"
(Diogo Clemente) Peu Madureira - "Só Por Ela"
(JP Simões) JP Simoões - "Alvoroço"
(Francisca Cortesão) Joana Barrabás - "Anda Estragar-me os Planos"
(Paulo Praça) Maria Amaral - "A Mesma Canção"

SEMIFINAL 2

(Capicua) Tamin - "Sobre Nós"
(Miguel Ângelo) Dora Fidalgo - "Arco-Íris"
(Peter Serrado) Peter Serrado - "Sunset"
(Paulo Flores) Minni & Rhayra - "Patati Patata"
(Francisco Rebelo) David Pessoa - "Amor Veloz"
(Tito Paris) Maria Inês Paris - "Bandeira Azul"
(Daniela Onis) Daniela Onis - "Para Lá Do Rio"
(Diogo Piçarra) Diogo Piçarra - "Canção do Fim"
(Armando Teixeira) Lili - "O Voo das Cegonhas"
(João Afonso) Rita Ruivo - "Anda Daí"
(Isaura) Cláudia Pascoal - "O Jardim"
(Bruno Cardoso) Sequin - "All Over Again"
(Aline Frazão) Susana Travassos - "A Mensageira"

DanielLuis

Just one note, Catarina Miranda's usual stage name is Emmy Curl! Anabela was our singer at Eurovision 1993, with "A Cidade (Até ser dia)" and José Cid was in Eurovision 1980 with "Um grande, grande amor".

First thoughts: I have a feeling we will have a very good national final! There are a lot of artists and composers with big potential! It will probably be the best Festival da Canção of this century (not that hard)

Diogo Piçarra is definitely the initial favourite, but I also think Emmy Curl (Júlio Resende), Beatriz Pessoa (Mallu Magalhães), Cláudia Pascoal (Isaura), JP Simões and Tamin (Capicua) are the ones I'm most excited for!

The juries are also very young and made up of great names, compared to previous years. Luísa Sobral is one of the members xlove

JonnyWest

I'm pretty satisfied with this line-up! Can't say much more until I hear the songs but so far, so good xup really surprised that Diogo Piçarra is going to sing his own song, must be a good one then xheat

I'm also glad with the juries this year, there's more diversity. Last year the youngest was about 40 years :lol: nothing against fossils but we need a good representation in the panel, so I'm glad RTP heard the complaints from last year ;)

Mrm

Veteran

This already sounds AMAZING! :lol:

Minni & Rhayra - "Patati Patata"

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member

I really like the jury this year! smaller and widder. Love to see Carlão, Sara Tavares and Ana Markl. Would switch Tozé Brito and Júlio Isidro because #cantstandthem.

The line-up seems ok. Honestly I have no idea of most singers. Diogo Piçarra is a favourite already and is a contender to win. He is very big in Portugal, huge fan base and is signed by Universal. I love theories and mine is this one:

RTP is hosting the show and wants the best. And what would be better than having a portuguese superstar representing the home country than someone that has a huge fan base here? If Diogo is part of this he will win it. I'm sure. With or without a good song. But I'm pretty sure he will have a great one.

I'm also very curious with Isaura, Capicua and Xinobi. I'm a fan so can't wait to here what they are bringing to the contest.

Mrm

Veteran

Diogo Piçarra seems extremely promising! :)

DanielLuis

Having such a big name as Diogo Piçarra in Festival da Canção would have been completely unthinkable a year ago

Mrm

Veteran

[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

Do you believe yo can like Portugal 2018 even close to Portugal 2017? What is your feeling? :)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

Do you believe yo can like Portugal 2018 even close to Portugal 2017? What is your feeling? :)

Well i'm sure there is a big chance for them to have a great song, and something again that's special. "Amar Pelos Dois" is my favourite Eurovision song ever though, so it will be hard to even come close to giving me the same feelings that song has. Few songs can touch me in the same way. I still can't believe it won Eurovision and with a record breaking total. I was shocked enough I got my wish of Salvador representing Portugal in the first place. I haven't been able to listen to the song in a while, as it was getting me too emotional each time I listened, and now something watery is rolling down my cheek as I listen to it for the first time in a few months. Curse you!!!

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

Well i'm sure there is a big chance for them to have a great song, and something again that's special. "Amar Pelos Dois" is my favourite Eurovision song ever though, so it will be hard to even come close to giving me the same feelings that song has. Few songs can touch me in the same way. I still can't believe it won Eurovision and with a record breaking total. I was shocked enough I got my wish of Salvador representing Portugal in the first place. I haven't been able to listen to the song in a while, as it was getting me too emotional each time I listened, and now something watery is rolling down my cheek as I listen to it for the first time in a few months. Curse you!!!

Feel the same way. Still can't believe it won. Probably my favourite winner ever along with "Nocturne".

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Feel the same way. Still can't believe it won. Probably my favourite winner ever along with "Nocturne".

"Nocturne" is lovely too. My favourite winner was for a little while "1944", but I guess that could only last for one year.

Mrm

Veteran

I want songs NOW!!! :mad:

Top Bottom