20 10.1%

15 7.5%

16 8.0%

15 7.5%

48 24.1%

• Total voters

Pawhlen

Re: RUSSIA 2018

If they don´t get banned by the reference Group, but since they were ready to bend the rules like hell to get :ru: to participate this year, they will not ban them,

which would be giving the message to all in Europe "you can provocate the host country as much as you like since only the hosts get punishment" xfacepalm

GRE

To make things clear:
The channel that wants to have Yulia as representative will be banned.
But Russia has another channel also.
That's why Kirkorov is sure about the participation and they are looking for a representative.

Pawhlen

To make things clear:
That's why Kirkorov is sure about the participation and they are looking for a representative.
You right, didn´t thought about that.

Channel 1 should in my eyes get a three years ban from ESC or lose their membership in EBU, That would be a good punishment

DanielLuis

To make things clear:

Both channels announced that if Yulia would not be allowed to enter Ukraine, she would participate in 2018 though. Including RTR.

Pawhlen

Both channels announced that if Yulia would not be allowed to enter Ukraine, she would participate in 2018 though. Including RTR.

I wonder how they are gonna talk themselves out of this if they not let her represent them next year, they are trapped in the corner now xthink xwhistle

But they will probably say something like "she is broken mental after how she was treated this year and don´t want to compete again"

lowyby

what about Ukraine though... Will they be banned?

Realest

what about Ukraine though... Will they be banned?

I think it will be decided tomorrow. But of Course it will be only a fine.

esc87fan

Yeah, probably a slap on the wrist and a substantial fine for both Russia and Ukraine

lowyby

Yeah, hope Ukraine only gets a fine.
It's the rules of their country, it's not like the national broadcaster could do anything about those rules.
Plus it'd be so rude to kick out the country who hosted and was really dedicated...

Realest

John1

Ukraine should not get any sentence. Their Law stands over this Tournament. But Russia deserves "only" a good fine and no Exclusion. I hope they return next year in bestform with a right singer and a good song and without that drama.

Hence the fact that Ukraine shouldn't be fined nor punished by the Reference Group, because of their laws, which take over the Eurovision Song Contest. This seems kinda fair. xheya

DanielLuis

If Russia dosen't get a 3 - years santions ban, Yulia still the 2018 russian representative to ESC 2018 as well!

https://eurovoix.com/2017/06/12/russia-yulia-samoilova-focused-preparing-eurovision-2018/

Has she seen Kirkorov's interview? She might need to lower her expectations.

So today the Reference Group is deciding on the sanctions for Russia and Ukraine? Strange, I think they're supposed to visit Portugal tomorrow for the first official meeting with RTP for 2018's preparations.

Realest

If Russia dosen't get a 3 - years santions ban, Yulia still the 2018 russian representative to ESC 2018 as well!

I said earlier that i dont want Russia to be banned. But now I changed my mind :lol:

Sabiondo

Has she seen Kirkorov's interview? She might need to lower her expectations.

So today the Reference Group is deciding on the sanctions for Russia and Ukraine? Strange, I think they're supposed to visit Portugal tomorrow for the first official meeting with RTP for 2018's preparations.

Kirkurov has not influence on Rossiya 1 decitions! ;)

Also i don't think that Reference group will put hardash sations on their goldden egg hen televiwers only because they couldn't meet their obligations due segurity reazons, seeing how irregular was TV audience on this Eurovision in general without Russia, and they need the russian money for their snakes!

Realest

It looks like there havent been any Fines or bans given.

Pawhlen

It looks like there havent been any Fines or bans given.

You probably right, since it would have been first headline news on official ESC-site and many newspapers if those kind of punishment would have been given

Realest

Her Disqualification was no penalty, it was justice.

Top Bottom