9 4.1%

7 3.2%

8 3.6%

5 2.3%

12 5.4%

• Total voters

ESCKerli

Re: BULGARIA 2018

BNT said on Twitter that they plan to send something completely different in 2018. A catchy radio-friendly pop song.

It think it might be Dara. She's on the same record label as Kristian and has very pop-friendly & upbeat songs. I would love for Gery-Nikol to participate next year, but I think she might have difficulties with the juries that BNT just doesn't want to risk, so Dara might be a safer choice for them.

This screams radio-friendly:

Kashone

It think it might be Dara. She's on the same record label as Kristian and has very pop-friendly & upbeat songs. I would love for Gery-Nikol to participate next year, but I think she might have difficulties with the juries that BNT just doesn't want to risk, so Dara might be a safer choice for them.
DARA surely has that distinguish commercial look, but her live singing isn't convincing at all and i don't see why would she be better with juries than Gery-Nikol?

NOOO BNT! Why??? Our language is so beautifulxgaah
Well BNT is obviously truying to win the thing and can u blame them for this decision?
2010-2013 all the songs in Bulgarian - no final
2016-2017 - mostly English - two top 5s
For me, bilingual option is the best, but not just divided in two, but more like "if love was a crime".

EscGeek

Veteran

your results are hilarious....either no final or top 5 xrofl3

just send Gery Nikol and be in a normal place like 14th:cool:
and in top 5 for mexheat

hijirio

Veteran

Who can say no to some Sofi Marinova?
It's time for her to follow the footsteps of Poli Genova and take revenge!

Musicosity

Is there any info about issues between Sofi and Poli? If not, maybe they can join forces. I wonder if Europe could resist the Bulgarian double power. :mrgreen:

A-lister

Veteran

This screams radio-friendly:

I love this song, one of my "bops" from last year, so Dara could be a good choice... however just switch to the English version of the song and it's already a bit lame with banal translation and words that doesn't flow in the same way as in the Bulgarian one, I hope for a smart duo-lingo affair like in 2016, I mean preferably full Bulgarian but pretty sure that won't happen, but "If Love Was a Crime" proved that you can incorporate two languages in a way that doesn't feel forced or unnatural (like unfortunately often happens in ESC due to desperate translations rather than a song made duo-lingo on purpose).

It would be smart for Bulgaria to go down the "catchy Pop" route in a year that might be filled with alot of desperate, some better, some worse, attempts at "authenticity".

John1

For me, bilingual option is the best, but not just divided in two, but more like "if love was a crime".
Two lines of the chorus should be sung in the singer's native language such as ILWAC, whereas the remaining parts of the entry would be sung in English. This'd be an asset for :bg: to win the whole thing along with being proud of their national language.

Moreover, I have to say that it'd fit the mood of an entry much more than singing FULLY the chorus of an entry in English such as :fr:. It makes it sound less natural and more bland, though I loved 'Requiem'. :?

By the way, this music label from :bg: is certainly one of the best to be honest, mainly due to the fact that the majority of the songs aren't either including some sexual contents or way too dull and awful. Most of the artists, which signed up with this label are well-talented.
For instance =>

ESCKerli

I love this song, one of my "bops" from last year, so Dara could be a good choice... however just switch to the English version of the song and it's already a bit lame with banal translation and words that doesn't flow in the same way as in the Bulgarian one, I hope for a smart duo-lingo affair like in 2016, I mean preferably full Bulgarian but pretty sure that won't happen, but "If Love Was a Crime" proved that you can incorporate two languages in a way that doesn't feel forced or unnatural (like unfortunately often happens in ESC due to desperate translations rather than a song made duo-lingo on purpose).

It would be smart for Bulgaria to go down the "catchy Pop" route in a year that might be filled with alot of desperate, some better, some worse, attempts at "authenticity".

I agree, it's more original for us to go Poli's way again with the bilingual. One of my biggest problems with Alma's revamp was that the cut seemed so abrupt and to then go on to sing "music meets you paradise (seriously? top notch lyricism there to whomever wrote that for her), with you nothing ever dies" ended up feeling so forced. I loved Alma's original song and it was way more poetic in French. It being the last song to be performed didn't exactly help her either because the cut was way too abrupt to get used to it in only 3 minutes.

It's definitely smart to go for a poppy and radio-friendly song next year when there will be lots of copycats of this year's winner as there always is. I think our best choices for next year are Gery-Nikol and Dara. Gery-Nikol has the badass attitude that will make her stand out and Dara has the commercialness.

A-lister

Veteran

By the way, this music label from :bg: is certainly one of the best to be honest, mainly due to the fact that the majority of the songs aren't either including some sexual contents or way too dull and awful. Most of the artists, which signed up with this label are well-talented.
For instance =>

Taste differs, but this might not be one of the best examples as it sounds like a pretty standard PopBallad that half of the countries sent to ESC 2017...

John1

Taste differs, but this might not be one of the best examples as it sounds like a pretty standard PopBallad that half of the countries sent to ESC 2017...

Indeed, but this is really decent and could allow :bg: to do pretty well at the ESC. It doesn't matter whether it sounds like a thousand other songs, provided that an entry -like this one- would certainly be seen as memorable and powerful.
Moreover, I'd love to point out that all of the songs, which come from this label, are standing out.

A-lister

Veteran

Indeed, but this is really decent and could allow :bg: to do pretty well at the ESC. It doesn't matter whether it sounds like a thousand other songs, provided that an entry -like this one- would certainly be seen as memorable and powerful.
Moreover, I'd love to point out that all of the songs, which come from this label, are standing out.

Well, I think they are aiming for gold, something like this is a bit too anonymous, could end up middle in the scoreboard.

Anyhow, I understand your point with the label, you might be right... I still want someone from Payner (DESISLAVA DESISLAVA DESISLAVA !!!) , but that won't happen :lol:

John1

Well, I think they are aiming for gold, something like this is a bit too anonymous, could end up middle in the scoreboard.

Anyhow, I understand your point with the label, you might be right... I still want someone from Payner (DESISLAVA DESISLAVA DESISLAVA !!!) , but that won't happen :lol:

I still don't get why all of the eurofans are praising Preslava, who is one of the worst singers in :bg: imo. :?

A-lister

Veteran

I still don't get why all of the eurofans are praising Preslava, who is one of the worst singers in :bg: imo. :?

Where did I mention Preslava? I wrote Desislava, who actually is one of the few talented chalga singers xshrug

tuorem

Who can say no to some Sofi Marinova?
It's time for her to follow the footsteps of Poli Genova and take revenge!

I'd like the idea! They could make her a tailor-made entry a la "If Love Was A Crime": her vocal range is broad, so they could be creative and do wonders melodically.
I join the people who support Bulgarian language. Unfortunately and despite Salvador's victory, I don't expect a full song in your mother tongue, but I'd be delighted to have at least some lines in it. That's what was lacking in "Beautiful Mess" to me.

I'd love a mix of traditional and modern pop with choruses entirely in Bulgarian (Origo-style for instance)

randajad

Veteran

BNT calls for producers/labels who should offer a project: demo song, artist/s, stage concept, draft budget and partial funding.
Deadline: January 20.

lPUZdX8.jpg

Do this again, and I am happy.

ESCKerli

I'm trying to not get my hopes up or jinx it, but I really hope we'll be in Sofia sometime soon.

Top Bottom