The Eurovision Season is gearing up! This was an eventful week with full of exciting news from the Eurovision World. In this article I will be doing some rounding-up of the main news we had this week and also with some other news from various countries around Europe.
Last Monday the Ukrainian Broadcaster UAPBC has released the new theme and Logo for this year’s Eurovision. Celebrating Diversity was the theme chosen. More information about this can be read here.
Last Tuesday we have seen the Allocation Draw. 18 countries will compete in Semi-Final 1 while 19 countries will compete in Semi-Final 2. If you would like to see in which semi-final your country will compete and vote, you can do so here.
During the below video you can understand better the logic behind the logo and how it will appear on various merchandise and designs
Last December, ITV announced that Dihaj will represent the country. This week, Azerbajian advised that composers and authors interested to bid their song for Dihaj can submit their entries by the 10th February 2017
During an interview on a local radio station, John Bundy, the new head of delegation for the Maltese Delegation explained that he is thinking to change the way Malta chooses it’s representatives for the Eurovision Song Contest. The current Malta Eurovision Song Contest would occur every 2 years while opting for an internal selection in the year where no contest will occur. Would this mean that Malta will opt for an internal selection in 2018? This is yet to be decided!
RTVE this week released the running order for the upcoming National Final. This is as follows :-
- Manel – Do it for your lover
- LeKlein – Ouch!
- Paula – Lo que nunca fue (What never was)
- Mario – Spin my head
- Maika – Momento Critico ( Critical Moment)
- Mirela – Contigo ( With you)
It was also confirmed that the national final in Spain will be held on Saturday 11th February.
LTV tonight will hold the first heat of Supernova. Earlier on this week, the band Franco Franco has released the music video of their entry UP. You can watch this video on the link below
RUV also released the running for the upcoming semi-finals of Songvakeppnin. This is as follows:-
Semi-Final 1 ( 25th February 2017)
- Aron Hannes Emilsson – Nott ( Tonight)
- Hildur Kirstin Stefansdottir – Bammbaramm
- Runar Eff Runarsson – Mer Vio Hilo ( Make your way back home)
- Juli Heioar Halldorsson & Bordis Birna Borgarsdottir – Heim till bin – Get back home
- Erna Mist Petursdottir – Skuggamynd – I’ll be gone
- Arnar Jonsson & Rakel Palsdottir – Til Min – Again
Semi-Final 2 (4th March 2017)
- Aron Brink – Þú hefur dáleitt mig (Hypnotised)
- Daði Freyr Pétursson – Hvað með það? ( Is This Love?)
- Svala Björgvinsdóttir – “Ég veit það” (Paper)
- Páll Rósinkranz og Kristina Bærendsen – Þú og ég (You and I)
- Linda Hartmanns – Ástfangin (Obvious Love)
- Sólveig Ásgeirsdóttir – Treystu á mig (Trust in me)